• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Finally, another state (New Jersey) that will allow death with dignity and the law will take effect in August 1, 2019. This is good news and I hope that my state will pass that law soon.

• Love
Reactions: Superfluous, tiredandhuddledmass, Deleted member 4288 and 9 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Good. I hope more states will follow. But I highly doubt the red states will ever get their heads out of their asses... And really, states shouldn't give a shit about consumers and workers dying because, it's not like, people will stop fucking and stop making babies.

Reactions: Ivenocare
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I have high hopes --and perhaps "fantasy" is a better description of my hopes-- that such existing physician-assisted suicide laws are the thin end of the wedge. Perhaps the current variety of physician-certified "if you have six months to live" laws will become "on demand after a 1 month wait period" laws. Sort of the way the initial, tentative, controversial "domestic partner" state laws became national marriage rights.

But I agree that in the red states it'll be nationally imposed, if at all. Given how we're headed for a war of Balkanization, maybe this will be one of the factors involved.

Reactions: TAW122, Soul and Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have high hopes --and perhaps "fantasy" is a better description of my hopes-- that such existing physician-assisted suicide laws are the thin end of the wedge. Perhaps the current variety of physician-certified "if you have six months to live" laws will become "on demand after a 1 month wait period" laws. Sort of the way the initial, tentative, controversial "domestic partner" state laws became national marriage rights.

But I agree that in the red states it'll be nationally imposed, if at all. Given how we're headed for a war of Balkanization, maybe this will be one of the factors involved.

Yep, anyone who would try to make euthanasia legal in the red states will be stirring a hornet's nest due to all the "Christians."

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
That may be the case since they are also oftenly the states that are strongly anti-abortion. Also, in regards to a balkanization of states, are you inferring that sometime in the future, that the US would split into separate countries, like California becoming it's own nation, the southern states becoming their own, the mid west, the west coast, and etc.?

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Also, in regards to a balkanization of states, are you inferring that sometime in the future, that the US would split into separate countries, like California becoming it's own nation, the southern states becoming their own, the mid west, the west coast, and etc.?
Exactly. No telling how the fractures would cross the map, but there are a lot of possibilities --and some people don't think that fracturing would be all bad. I'm not the only one flying a Cascadia flag instead of a Stars & Stripes.
Yep, anyone who would try to make euthanasia legal in the red states will be stirring a hornet's nest due to all the "Christians."
One of my favorite schism-maps I've ever seen was a future North America divided into "The United States of Canada" and "Jesusland".

Anyway, the realistic past precedents don't support that euthanasia could eventually become de facto on demand, but at least some states are recognizing the importance of the principle that quality of life can become a greater consideration than quantity of life.

Weems

Weems

Experienced
May 5, 2019
As much as I want to be euthanized, it's always unsettling to watch (on YouTube). A sane, fully conscious person saying, "Yep! I wanna die now!" goes against some really basic intuitions. I don't see the normies approving voluntary death on demand anytIme soon.

Reactions: TAW122 and TiredHorse
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
As much as I want to be euthanized, it's always unsettling to watch (on YouTube). A sane, fully conscious person saying, "Yep! I wanna die now!" goes against some really basic intuitions. I don't see the normies approving voluntary death on demand anytIme soon.

That's true, but I think if more states legalize euthanasia/death with dignity, then it is a step in the right direction. Thus, in the coming years or decade or so, then some states will be able to expand the law to cover other conditions, including chronic mental illnesses and then more. It's a long battle but with New Jersey moving forward with this law, then there is a sliver of hope in the future...