M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
I've been looking at the posts, and finding comfort and community for a while.

I'm an incredibly shy person even on a chat forum!

I'm in the UK, 55, and just feel really done. I've reached out to GPs, community mental health and crisis teams. But it's felt like increasing medication, disablement from that and my broken spirit. I do leave the house but it feels like I'm fixed here, if that makes sense.

I've had various collapses in depression / anxiety / spirit during my adult life (although I think I was struggling as a child too but I was a gifted sports person and school work suited me) but this one feels shattering. I've got anehdonia - even going out walking in very solitary hills feels overwhelming.

I managed to get a job back in the organisation I unwisely left in Sept 2022, which started in November just gone. I hadn't worked since Dec 2022 and I just couldn't cope, and knew that I wouldn't.

I have an incredibly nice partner but we haven't grown together and we've drifted. I guess looking at this I've never quite got life and have not learnt that I should be a bit ruthless to keep myself happy. I've seen that in others and not liked it.

I used to enjoy sports, walking in the sticks, cinema, meditation.

I am feeling desperate most of the time, which seems almost impossible. I've looked at partial hanging and made some trials. At the moment, I spend days wasting away at home and then enjoying the night coming, and then round again. I listen a lot to NDE stories and possibilities of an afterlife. Probably like many folk on here, I am scared about what happens after we ctb.

That's me I guess.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeCanBeCruel, Joarga, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are in such a rough patch. I think a lot of people will relate to you. I hope you find comfort here. I'm from the UK too and used to enjoy walking a lot. I'm sorry it isn't as fulfilling as it used to be for you.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and matt1968
M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are in such a rough patch. I think a lot of people will relate to you. I hope you find comfort here. I'm from the UK too and used to enjoy walking a lot. I'm sorry it isn't as fulfilling as it used to be for you.
Thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the community! I'm sorry you have to go through this. I wish you all the best.

• Love
Reactions: matt1968
tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I'm sorry life has brought you to this point šŸ«‚ I'm pretty shy too but the majority of people here are really kind and empathetic c: Welcome to Sasu, I hope you'll find comfort in being here!

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds like you've suffered a lot, it must be tiring what you are going through. But anyway best wishes.

• Love
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I've been looking at the posts, and finding comfort and community for a while.

I'm an incredibly shy person even on a chat forum!

I'm in the UK, 55, and just feel really done. I've reached out to GPs, community mental health and crisis teams. But it's felt like increasing medication, disablement from that and my broken spirit. I do leave the house but it feels like I'm fixed here, if that makes sense.

I've had various collapses in depression / anxiety / spirit during my adult life (although I think I was struggling as a child too but I was a gifted sports person and school work suited me) but this one feels shattering. I've got anehdonia - even going out walking in very solitary hills feels overwhelming.

I managed to get a job back in the organisation I unwisely left in Sept 2022, which started in November just gone. I hadn't worked since Dec 2022 and I just couldn't cope, and knew that I wouldn't.

I have an incredibly nice partner but we haven't grown together and we've drifted. I guess looking at this I've never quite got life and have not learnt that I should be a bit ruthless to keep myself happy. I've seen that in others and not liked it.

I used to enjoy sports, walking in the sticks, cinema, meditation.

I am feeling desperate most of the time, which seems almost impossible. I've looked at partial hanging and made some trials. At the moment, I spend days wasting away at home and then enjoying the night coming, and then round again. I listen a lot to NDE stories and possibilities of an afterlife. Probably like many folk on here, I am scared about what happens after we ctb.

That's me I guess.
I'm not scared of what happens after Death. I believe it's Non-existence forever after Death . What can be better than Non-existence forever? Nothing

• Love
Reactions: matt1968 and Deleted member 65988