D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
I never thought I would ever be suicidal until I started to develops anxiety, depression and then insomnia which did me in. Some chronic pain to boot on top of this BS and dumb family dynamics

They need to teach the complexity of suicide in schools. It's not a simple case of - I give up, I just wanna die.

It can happen to anyone. I never thought I could be a suicidal person till now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lazyegg, ming, stevieu and 13 others
luckycharms101

luckycharms101

A Tired, Tired Soul
Dec 9, 2021
They never tell you how easily it can hit. Slowly things pile up, and you keep pushing through telling youself you can handle it, until that tiny little thought pushes through the positive attitude. Like, one moment I was just eating and then suddenly I realized I wanted to die. And once that little thought is planted in your head it is impossible to erase. It can vanish for a few months, but it will be back, and each time it is harder and harder to ignore. I went from thinking it here and there to suddenly being swallowed up and consumed by the thoughts. I can't even read a book or watch a show without zoning out and thinking about it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: drmihilo, TapeMachine, Pentobarbital_Plz and 5 others
czx85

czx85

Student
Jun 8, 2019
If chickens in your farm pen kill themselves, then who is gonna produce eggs and meat?
We are all capitalist's livestocks. Ending our life is a no-no for them.

Reactions: DiscT, PeacefulTonic, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 5 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
They need to teach the complexity of suicide in schools.

They don't teach the complexity of anything in life in schools, that's what suffering is for...

• Love
Reactions: Lumina, DiscT, PeacefulTonic and 3 others
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
They never tell you how easily it can hit. Slowly things pile up, and you keep pushing through telling youself you can handle it, until that tiny little thought pushes through the positive attitude. Like, one moment I was just eating and then suddenly I realized I wanted to die. And once that little thought is planted in your head it is impossible to erase. It can vanish for a few months, but it will be back, and each time it is harder and harder to ignore. I went from thinking it here and there to suddenly being swallowed up and consumed by the thoughts. I can't even read a book or watch a show without zoning out and thinking about it.
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think that thought is impossible to erase for certain individuals, at least I don't think it would always be a piercing. I think a lot of people are naturally adept at suppressing the thought of "dying might be best here.. huh?". I'm not other people so I cannot be certain, but I suspect this is the case.

The problem is when philosophically you also just want to die anyway. I can't stop believing that having kids is causing suffering as much as a religious person can't stop believing in God.
They don't teach the complexity of anything in life in schools, that's what suffering is for...
Suffering isn't so dignified that it is a teacher. A lot of suffering is banal and pointless and dry.

Reactions: demuic
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
It's scary how fast things change. Years ago I would've never thought about joining a suicide forum, or look up different methods to use. Now I've actually bought stuff for my method. If I told all of this to my past self they wouldn't believe me. There definitely needs to be more discussion about suicide. Making it taboo and brushing it under the rug doesn't just magically erase it from society.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: dearlybeloved998, PeacefulTonic, stevieu and 4 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I can't stop believing that having kids is causing suffering as much as a religious person can't stop believing in God.
At least your belief is provable & rational.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, demuic and VoidDesirer22
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

Sep 6, 2021
It's scary how fast things change. Years ago I would've never thought about joining a suicide forum, or look up different methods to use. Now I've actually bought stuff for my method. If I told all of this to my past self they wouldn't believe me. There definitely needs to be more discussion about suicide. Making it taboo and brushing it under the rug doesn't just magically erase it from society.
How far into the past wouldn't they believe you? I think I'd have to go back to preteens.

Reactions: tieiwi
D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
I agree. Never have I ever thought I would join a suicide forum or look up different methods. Exactly - they need to talk about what causes people to become suicidal.

Reactions: tieiwi and VoidDesirer22
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
How far into the past wouldn't they believe you? I think I'd have to go back to preteens.
same probably preteens and some years into my highschool, in high school i was still sad but I never thought about actually acting on it, just felt like I was stuck with the feeling and I couldn't do anything about it, then I got a job lol

• Hugs
Reactions: VoidDesirer22
VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

Sep 6, 2021
same probably preteens and some years into my highschool, in high school i was still sad but I never thought about actually acting on it, just felt like I was stuck with the feeling and I couldn't do anything about it, then I got a job lol
Yeah I relate for sure. You only really come to the conclusion that it's quite permanent when you're at least 18... Hence the age restriction on this site.

Reactions: tieiwi
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
Yeah I relate for sure. You only really come to the conclusion that it's quite permanent when you're at least 18... Hence the age restriction on this site.
which also sucks because turns out it wasn't me being some emo teenager going through puberty, when you become an adult it's like damn im forever going to be like this

Reactions: thefoodispoison and miserableforever
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
My guess is that educating people about suicide in schools would be undesirable for some (large) parts of the population.
The less people talk about suicide, the easier it is for a lot of normies. The 'problem' with suicide for normies is that it is actually a rational act (unlike the lies one often hears). The more suicide is talked about, the more normies will feel uneasy about reconciling its rationality with three billion years of evolution screaming "No! Don't do it!"

Reactions: DiscT, stevieu and demuic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Suicide is so stigmatised, many people live under a delusion that life is always worth living and therefore those who are suicidal are dismissed as always being irrational. Wanting suicide can be perfectly rational in a life like this. I think people can only comprehend what it is like, if they are suicidal themselves. No amount of teaching would be able to make them fully understand. However I believe that a young age, children should be taught about the all the harsh suffering in this world as living in ignorance can do no good.

• Love
Reactions: DiscT and stevieu
DiscT

DiscT

Feb 3, 2023
My guess is that educating people about suicide in schools would be undesirable for some (large) parts of the population.
The less people talk about suicide, the easier it is for a lot of normies. The 'problem' with suicide for normies is that it is actually a rational act (unlike the lies one often hears). The more suicide is talked about, the more normies will feel uneasy about reconciling its rationality with three billion years of evolution screaming "No! Don't do it!"
Ugh :(
Suicide is so stigmatised, many people live under a delusion that life is always worth living and therefore those who are suicidal are dismissed as always being irrational. Wanting suicide can be perfectly rational in a life like this. I think people can only comprehend what it is like, if they are suicidal themselves. No amount of teaching would be able to make them fully understand. However I believe that a young age, children should be taught about the all the harsh suffering in this world as living in ignorance can do no good.
This is very wise