J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Anyone just missed out on their youth and so much connections because of looks and social skills? How can you continue as a social being without meaningful connections? It just seems so natural for people to be so comfortable in their body without no weird head movements, eye language, and body language and conversation skills. I miss that feeling, I died a long time ago socially. Now the only way I'm comfortable around people is with alcohol, and I find talking exhausting because I just can't relate. I think that's why I'm always sad too, I am just lost disconnected lonely and traumatized. I can see why people dislike me, who wants to be around an unattractive girl, not social, not comfortable in her body, stiff, low energy, and just miserable. I can't wait to just be done.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, death137, binturong and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
You're far from alone in having social anxiety. I'm not trying to trivialize your case, but it seems like you may have some hope of recovery. It's hard to find with COVID, but could you possibly do group therapy for social anxiety? I think it could help if you could talk to people with similar struggles. There are a ton of subreddits out there. Lots of normies who push toxic positivity on you but also very relatable people. If you're on Reddit and interested, I could send you some subreddit names.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
You're far from alone in having social anxiety. I'm not trying to trivialize your case, but it seems like you may have some hope of recovery. It's hard to find with COVID, but could you possibly do group therapy for social anxiety? I think it could help if you could talk to people with similar struggles. There are a ton of subreddits out there. Lots of normies who push toxic positivity on you but also very relatable people. If you're on Reddit and interested, I could send you some subreddit names.
You have been very helpful with your reply here, I definitely have been suffering social anxiety since and feeling uncomfortable and Not confident in my body since 13, I just don't like my body and face and that's why I been hard on myself causing me more pain. I'll check out the categories. And yes I am on Reddit. If you're willing to share

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
You have been very helpful with your reply here, I definitely have been suffering social anxiety since and feeling uncomfortable and Not confident in my body since 13, I just don't like my body and face and that's why I been hard on myself causing me more pain. I'll check out the categories. And yes I am on Reddit. If you're willing to share
r/socialanxiety
r/foreveralonewomen (expect some pushback as you have had sex; I'd recommend lurking)
r/anxiety
r/cptsd
r/avpd
r/avoidant

I don't think you have avoidant personality disorder, but you may relate to some posts on here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
r/socialanxiety
r/foreveralonewomen (expect some pushback as you have had sex; I'd recommend lurking)
r/anxiety
r/cptsd
r/avpd
r/avoidant

I don't think you have avoidant personality disorder, but you may relate to some posts on here.

thanks I been trying to avoid Reddit because I'm tired of the ultra positive bs and "it gets better" when it never does.

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
thanks I been trying to avoid Reddit because I'm tired of the ultra positive bs and "it gets better" when it never does.
Oh God, I know. Those subreddits are by no means normie free, but there is some relatable content. I'm rooting for you.