StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
what would happen if i were to stop consuming any food or drink for over a month?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Ender
Ender

Ender

Dec 29, 2020
Death will follow eventually. It will be agonizing though if you choose this. The human body can go three days without drinking anything, and 30 days without eating. You can not drink water for a long time, I haven't been drinking water for a week, you can last. But death might be quicker. You will suffer. I hope peace hugs you greatly.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Abir_london, Life is pointless and 4 others
StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
Death will follow eventually. It will be agonizing though if you choose this. The human body can go three days without drinking anything, and 30 days without eating. You can not drink water for a long time, I haven't been drinking water for a week, you can last. But death might be quicker. You will suffer. I hope peace hugs you greatly.
It probably won't work but ill do that while im looking for other methods :)

• Love
Reactions: Cowtipper and Ender
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Without water you can die in less than a month. It would likely be very unpleasant, though. With water but no food you'd survive for quite some time depending on your weight.

Reactions: ihavetoleave and Cowtipper
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
You will get to the point of hallucinating and eventually, if you're around food or water, you'll go to it. Even items that are not edible or drinkable will be fair game because you won't know any better.

When nutrition and water are stopped for hospice patients, 9/10 their hunger and thirst senses are already gone preparing for death. Should a "healthy" person try, it'll end up being torturous and most likely won't work.

Reactions: ihavetoleave
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You'd feel lots of agony and if you're in your own house, your SI would force you to open the tap and fridge so as to get water and food.
The only option for that method to work, is to be in the middle of a desert. (what a terrible way to die!)

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Isadeth
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
It probably won't work but ill do that while im looking for other methods :)
Odds are you still end up hospitalized in the process as you will eventually pass out and they'll force saline and tube feed plus send you to a psych ward. I wouldn't bother with this method but it's your choice!

Reactions: Life is pointless and Isadeth
ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
Most people who do this method have the support of a doctor, they have a terminal illness or are naturally reaching the end of their life already. Not eating or drinking is a lot easier with meds (such as morphine) and not being able to feed or provide yourself with water and you are dependent on others to do so.

It is extremely difficult to simply choose to not eat or drink. For example, there is a Youtuber I have observed who has over two million followers (I won't state the name here on the forum publicly). She has been severely starving herself for years and she is still going. She is skeletal and if you saw her you would not understand how she was still going and making YouTube content. Each body is different, however overall the human body seems to be able to take quite a bit of suffering and still keep going no matter what. If she has held on for years in her condition it makes sense that the average person who tries to do this for only a month or so would not CTB, they would suffer and their quality of life would only be worse for that time regardless.

If you have medical support or you are in a situation where you are trapped (car accident or stranded hiking etc) and are unable to drink or eat, you would have likely a week or more until your body gives out. It would be a week or more of extreme discomfort and misery. I am not a doctor, this is what I have learned looking into the same method myself.

Reactions: Abir_london and Fragile
StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
Odds are you still end up hospitalized in the process as you will eventually pass out and they'll force saline and tube feed plus send you to a psych ward. I wouldn't bother with this method but it's your choice!
nobody will know
You'd feel lots of agony and if you're in your own house, your SI would force you to open the tap and fridge so as to get water and food.
The only option for that method to work, is to be in the middle of a desert. (what a terrible way to die!)
SI?

ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
On this forum SI is commonly used to refer to "survival instinct". It can be confusing as in other areas it can also refer to "suicidal ideation" but here it usually means survival instinct.

StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
On this forum SI is commonly used to refer to "survival instinct". It can be confusing as in other areas it can also refer to "suicidal ideation" but here it usually means survival instinct.
oh okay but what if i have no food in the first place

ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
oh okay but what if i have no food in the first place
From what I understand not eating takes much, much longer than not drinking. I'm sorry you have no food, if you are in a situation where you cannot buy or obtain more food it can take weeks or longer to CTB. Not drinking is the quicker way yet more painful, and access to some kind of water is something most of us have, even tap water.

StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
From what I understand not eating takes much, much longer than not drinking. I'm sorry you have no food, if you are in a situation where you cannot buy or obtain more food it can take weeks or longer to CTB. Not drinking is the quicker way yet more painful, and access to some kind of water is something most of us have, even tap water.
I meant neither drinking or eating. cause i never get hungry or thirsty anyway

ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
I meant neither drinking or eating. cause i never get hungry or thirsty anyway
I don't know, I am not a doctor or specifically your doctor. From my own reading/research it can take up to a week or longer with absolutely no food or water. Every human is different. When the other poster referred to "SI' they meant that even if you decide not to eat or drink, you make it through several days your body and mind will likely automatically go get water available in any way. This is the frustration, even though you want to stop your body, your human instinct will do its best to survive and keep going.