• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I wonder if depressive personalities are more prone to nervous breakdowns. Depression and anxiety often go together, but what about depression and "snapping" under stress?

I think about how intensely miserable I was in 2014-2017 and how I snapped in 2018.

Now, about a year later, I remain fixated on what I did to myself when I snapped. Perhaps with life being so miserable, there is less to stop one from snapping.

Today, something shitty happened to me, and I immediately assumed to worst and felt I couldn't handle it. Has my tolerance for problems just gotten very low or is something else going on here?

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Donewith_ and 2 others
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Today, something shitty happened to me, and I immediately assumed to worst and felt I couldn't handle it. Has my tolerance for problems just gotten very low or is something else going on here?
Nobody has replied yet because nobody knows your patters and history of behavior.

As far as "depression and "snapping" under stress?" I am no expert in this buy I do know that when you suppress emotions that bad things happen later on and it may not even be snapping it could be killing ones self.

Reactions: lemmeeleev
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
I wonder if depressive personalities are more prone to nervous breakdowns. Depression and anxiety often go together, but what about depression and "snapping" under stress?

I think about how intensely miserable I was in 2014-2017 and how I snapped in 2018.

Now, about a year later, I remain fixated on what I did to myself when I snapped. Perhaps with life being so miserable, there is less to stop one from snapping.

I am not sure if different types of stress have different effects on our ability to cope, i used to work in a very high stress job, but the stress of that was ok, it was part of what i loved about the job, part of what kept me going at the speed i need to. But emotional stress is something different, that breaks me completely apart & is the reason for everyone of my attempts.

You are right that when you are already struggling your ability to take any further blows is greatly reduced, so i don't think your tolerance to stress as such has gotten low, but that where your brain is at now means that your ability to brush off stressors is determined by the depression, and with that we never win.

I can only base the above on my own experience so it may make no sense to you, but having been about here for a bit & interacted with your good self i hope it is of some help because i know it's a shitty place (depression/anxiety) & making sense of things in our brains becomes very important. Hugs.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lemmeeleev
Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019

I had a breakdown along a similar timeline to you and now am in the aftermath. I do think being depressed contributed to snapping under stress. If I weren't so depressed I probably could've delt with the stress better early on and prevented escalation and a breakdown, but you know what they say about hindsight.

Reactions: Letmego. Please and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Thanks for the responses. I feel like I just can't deal with anything more. Too many people around me are making ridiculous mistakes. I bought a car & they registered the VIN for a different car on the loan & title. My wife's attorney just had the court execute an order with the wrong dollar amount. My boss forgot to do the paperwork for my 5 year review by the deadline. A project at work never got fixed, though I laid out the needed corrections to the workgroup weeks ago.

Day after day, I end up dealing with more and more problems. I'm exhausted. Just 3yrs until I can take early retirement and get everything off my shoulders but I don't see how I can last. Work, life, health, nothing but and endless cascade of fuck ups.

Reactions: Letmego. Please and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals