tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
so my planned method is a 12ga shotgun which I'm buying soon. I'm nervous about it because I've never even held a gun before. what kind of ammo can I get that will have the least amount of kickback when it shoots? I've heard buckshot is the best to make sure it works. but when I pull the trigger, will the gun move? I'm small and weak, if the gun does move will change where it's aiming it will the bullet go out fast enough that any kickback won't matter? also, what's the best position to be in with a shotgun? I'm planning on sitting on the ground with it propped up between my legs with my knees up, will that work or is there a better way?
sorry if these questions are dumb, I just wanna make sure I do it right. and I know nothing about guns so I'm not sure what I'm doing lol
I'm planning on getting a maverick 88 12ga with buckshot bullets, will that do the trick?

zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022
so my planned method is a 12ga shotgun which I'm buying soon. I'm nervous about it because I've never even held a gun before. what kind of ammo can I get that will have the least amount of kickback when it shoots? I've heard buckshot is the best to make sure it works. but when I pull the trigger, will the gun move? I'm small and weak, if the gun does move will change where it's aiming it will the bullet go out fast enough that any kickback won't matter? also, what's the best position to be in with a shotgun? I'm planning on sitting on the ground with it propped up between my legs with my knees up, will that work or is there a better way?
sorry if these questions are dumb, I just wanna make sure I do it right. and I know nothing about guns so I'm not sure what I'm doing lol
I'm planning on getting a maverick 88 12ga with buckshot bullets, will that do the trick?
the most probable way to succeed using this method would be to rig something else that will hold the gun for you so that the shot is not dependent on your physical prowess.
you should probably be more nervous about the awful cleanup and destructive capacity of such a large shot as a method instead of whether or not you can even fire the gun. literally any gun would do the trick. why do you need to explode your entire brain?

tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
the most probable way to succeed using this method would be to rig something else that will hold the gun for you so that the shot is not dependent on your physical prowess.
you should probably be more nervous about the awful cleanup and destructive capacity of such a large shot as a method instead of whether or not you can even fire the gun. literally any gun would do the trick. why do you need to explode your entire brain?
with lower gauge guns there's a bigger chance of it failing, you have to aim directly at the brain stem otherwise you can survive and either take a while to bleed out to death or keep living with permanent brain damage. I need to make sure my method is foolproof and a shotgun is the best way to do that

zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022
with lower gauge guns there's a bigger chance of it failing, you have to aim directly at the brain stem otherwise you can survive and either take a while to bleed out to death or keep living with permanent brain damage. I need to make sure my method is foolproof and a shotgun is the best way to do that
there are other foolproof methods available but i see your point.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This may not appeal to you, but with a 12 gauge shotgun you're supposed to place the barrel into your mouth with a slight upward tilt. It will be awkward to reach for and squeeze the trigger because you're sort of shooting the gun backwards, but it has been done countless times. Getting comfortable with it can be accomplished by practicing with an unloaded gun. Yes, it's going to kick - it's a shotgun. Buckshot is best. Frankly, death will be near instantaneous, or about as instantaneous that one can hope to achieve. Also, in full disclosure, and without intent of scaring you, or anyone else, there's a high probability that the kick of the gun is going to bust up many of your teeth (if that is important to you). I really don't know why it would be since there's going to be a lot more than just teeth all over the place. It's not the "cleanest" way to go, but certainly the most effective. This method may not make for the best funeral service presentation if that is something you care about, either. Basically, there's a nil chance that you are going to survive a shotgun blast done in this manner.

If you want to see what a shotgun blast can do, search out some videos online and watch them.

Reactions: tora, Stormy Raine and Praestat_Mori
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I'm also inexperienced with guns which was one of the reasons I canned this as my method. If you can practice shooting it at a shooting range several times to get comfortable with it, I think that would help you feel better about it as your method.

Reactions: tora
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
This is my preferred method too. My plan is to take basic firearm lessons at a local gun range so I know which end to stick in my mouth. :p

I've heard conflicting things about kick, but the most-experienced shooters seem to agree that the shot pellets exit the barrel before the gun recoils, so aim shouldn't be affected. I suppose that makes sense, since nobody would use a shotgun if the kick made it impossible to aim, even at skin-contact range.

Last edited:
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
You have to be careful on where you place the gun, that kickback is what will make the difference. You only get 1 chance and surviving a gunshot is horrific. I would definitely do a lot of research as placement before you try.

Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Watch any high FPS video of a gun being fired and you'll see the kick/recoil only comes after the bullet/shot leaves the barrel. Twitching before shooting is where the risk lies.

Reactions: clitoralcancer, tora and wait.what