cali22♡

cali22♡

Experienced
Nov 11, 2023
Hi,

Which linux do you think is the best for gaming,Internet and opsec pls discuss here

Reactions: username8888
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021

• Love
Reactions: username8888 and cali22♡
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Hi,

Which linux do you think is the best for gaming,Internet and opsec pls discuss here
I use Fedora Silverblue nowadays. And it just works for me.

Fedora Silverblue: https://fedoraproject.org/silverblue/

Fedora Workstation is also cool.

But I liked Silverblue's sandbox and Android like layers. I am not that into computers but it saves me.

Reactions: cali22♡
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Subgraph seems more sandboxed than Fedora Silverblue. If you are into Linux and can work around, I'd test Subgraph too. But for me Fedora Silverblue is enough. I just selected fedora based on my threat models.

cali22♡

cali22♡

Experienced
Nov 11, 2023
Subgraph seems more sandboxed than Fedora Silverblue. If you are into Linux and can work around, I'd test Subgraph too. But for me Fedora Silverblue is enough. I just selected fedora based on my threat models.
I will do some research about fedora thank you

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
I have switched linux to beat my gaming addiction. So I can't answer to that. :l
I will do some research about fedora thank you
Fedora workstation is no-brainer. Silverblue is just a bit more secure but that might break flexibilty (Silverblue doesn't want you to use terminal for example. It wants you to use software store which is flatpak.)

I am okay with flathub and flatpaks so I chose Silverblue.

I'd choose Fedora Workstation if I was into more gaming and flexibility.

M

moonlightwilderness

Aug 25, 2023
I find Linux Mint is by far the best for beginners. Remember to encrypt your install for additional security. For anything you need extreme privacy/security for, I would get a corebooted Thinkpad and look into Tails/Whonix/Qubes OS.

UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
I personally use Nobara linux, which is redhat based and set up from the get-go to use for gaming. Compatible with AMD graphics and NVIDIA graphics as well. Its very customizable and easy to set up but on hindsight I shouldn't have used this OS as my intro to linux as a whole haha! It can get somewhat overwhelming with the options, most of which I can't understand :P

But, I can also vouch for what @moonlightwilderness said and vote for linux mint as a good beginner OS, same as "Pop!" OS.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Arch linux is my jam