O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
First of all , why is there no search function on this site?

Second, would you drink N that has been stored in a refrigator for 2 years ? Expiry date was said to be 2024

I've heard some accounts saying there was never any confirmation whether N should be stored in a cool place or outside a fridge but logically why would it be bad to store it in a fridge?
I think vets store it outside a fridge in a locker.

Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
There is a search function but it only anppears after you've made a certain number of posts and been here a certain amount of time. Not many/long.

I can't comment regarding N, sorry.

And welcome :smiling:🤝

Last edited:
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and oddetoad
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
There is a search function on the site but you need somewhere around 20 posts to access it (at least from my experience).

Reactions: oddetoad
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The search function isn't available to members who recently joined, with a low amount of posts. Once you get more posts, you'll be able to use the search feature.

As for N,

Storing medications or such substances in a fridge, will help maintain it's potentness and effectiveness so your first impressions may be that it is fine to use. But for nembutal, it is best stored in controlled temperatures ranging from 20-25 degrees Celsius. Fridges are much colder than that.

The requirements that must be met to store nembutal are temperature concerns, avoiding light, whether or not the N is stored in a dry environment; it is best kept in a dry environment. It is crucial that you pay attention to these requirements, then it'll be able to be stored indefinitely.

• Informative
Reactions: kvsvenky100, leavingthesoultrap, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
The search function isn't available to members who recently joined, with a low amount of posts. Once you get more posts, you'll be able to use the search feature.

As for N,

Storing medications or such substances in a fridge, will help maintain it's potentness and effectiveness so your first impressions may be that it is fine to use. But for nembutal, it is best stored in controlled temperatures ranging from 20-25 degrees Celsius. Fridges are much colder than that.

The requirements that must be met to store nembutal are temperature concerns, avoiding light, whether or not the N is stored in a dry environment; it is best kept in a dry environment. It is crucial that you pay attention to these requirements, then it'll be able to be stored indefinitely.
I would need a source for your statement that this chemical substance would be degraded by storing it in a cold temperature of 2 Celcius compared to 25 celcius.
Provide that or your comment is absolutley worthless to me.

Dry enviroment haha? It's sealed ... Whether the surrounding is dry or not does not affect the insides of a bottle that is sealed.

Please think before you post disinformation, it can actually be harmful not only to me but others who reads this thread and has the same question.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Talvikki
Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
Most manufacturers recommend storing it between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius, with occasional intervals of 15 to 30 degrees.

In South America, manufacturers suggest keeping it below 30 degrees.

Some manufacturers state that the temperature doesn't matter as long as it doesn't go below freezing or boiling points.

I know people who tested it after storing for 10 years, both at room temperature and in the refrigerator, and the quality remained the same.

According to Philip Nitschke from the PPH, the refrigerator is fine.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Alessa, pthnrdnojvsc, Pluto and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Provide that or your comment is absolutley worthless to me.
I have a family member who works in the veterinary industry. A few months back, I asked them about storage of Nembutal and they gave me that specific information, nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Most manufacturers recommend storing it between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius, with occasional intervals of 15 to 30 degrees.

In South America, manufacturers suggest keeping it below 30 degrees.

Some manufacturers state that the temperature doesn't matter as long as it doesn't go below freezing or boiling points.

I know people who tested it after storing for 10 years, both at room temperature and in the refrigerator, and the quality remained the same.

According to Philip Nitschke from the PPH, the refrigerator is fine.
Thank you.

Also, I think I saw a gov link a few years back that the substance only degrade by like 0,10 perfect or something per year? I would still love to talk to a chemist about this because I wonder why they put an expiry date of 2 years and why they formulate their words so strange and supposedly "wrong" about the temperature requirements on the bottle itself.

Reactions: Talvikki
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Mine's been in the fridge for a couple of years. From past research I did, I would trust it for years to come. At worst, it would have a slight loss of potency yet still work fine for its intended purpose.

I expect that vets wouldn't be keeping supplies for years on end, so long-term storage would be less of a concern.

Reactions: BrainShower, UnwillingSavior, Painfu.Ll.suffering and 2 others
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
I worked in this industry. The expiry date is the date the company ensures its effects and potency... And they have to set one... It is standard to check three charges and state when the product starts to degrade... You can determine this with the temperature your product should be stored.... There are some biological products that get useless when stored in cold environment (because of activation processes through cold).... Can not imagine that storing nembutal below that temperature is bad (besides if some crystallization will take place that will alter the concentration somehow....)... Lower temperature means generally less atomic movement and degradation...

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 31858 and UnwillingSavior
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I worked in this industry. The expiry date is the date the company ensures its effects and potency... And they have to set one... It is standard to check three charges and state when the product starts to degrade... You can determine this with the temperature your product should be stored.... There are some biological products that get useless when stored in cold environment (because of activation processes through cold).... Can not imagine that storing nembutal below that temperature is bad (besides if some crystallization will take place that will alter the concentration somehow....)... Lower temperature means generally less atomic movement and degradation...
I wonder why it couldn't be frozen though

And why set 2 years? Thats pretty weird since we have gov studies done that says it only degrades about 0,5% per year or something like that I don't have the studies in front of me

Last edited:
Alessa

Alessa

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
I might get my N from someone, who is recovering right now, but havent decided yet to give it to me. Need to wait a littler longer.
But that person also told me, that it is now 4 years old, 3 years stored in a refrigerator. In addition to that, there had been an issue with the refrigerator of that person, where it got too cold and some liquids inside (juices, water) got frozen. The N was packages in a box, sheets were wrapped around it, so its not clear if it got frozen too, but its possible.

Iam afraid it could have lost its potency and it will be necessary to get it tested before taking it. If I should get it, I will send it to the EC in spain. Its so aggrovating that this happened... I can only pray its fine...

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I might get my N from someone, who is recovering right now, but havent decided yet to give it to me. Need to wait a littler longer.
But that person also told me, that it is now 4 years old, 3 years stored in a refrigerator. In addition to that, there had been an issue with the refrigerator of that person, where it got too cold and some liquids inside (juices, water) got frozen. The N was packages in a box, sheets were wrapped around it, so its not clear if it got frozen too, but its possible.

Iam afraid it could have lost its potency and it will be necessary to get it tested before taking it. If I should get it, I will send it to the EC in spain. Its so aggrovating that this happened... I can only pray its fine...
I still don't understand why it would lose potency by being frozen. I've yet to hear any expert chemist comment on this matter

• Yay!
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023

Second, would you drink N that has been stored in a refrigator for 2 years ? Expiry date was said to be 2024

I've heard some accounts saying there was never any confirmation whether N should be stored in a cool place or outside a fridge but logically why would it be bad to store it in a fridge?
You are obviously an expert on nembutal judging by one of your previous and very inaccurate posts, so I would have thought you would have known the answer to this one.
I have a family member who works in the veterinary industry. A few months back, I asked them about storage of Nembutal and they gave me that specific information, nothing more.
Ignore this idiot. Oddetoad is obviously a troll or a pro - lifer causing trouble.
I've had a few stupid comments from this individual myself.

Last edited:
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Copy paste from google:

Extreme temperatures (both hot and cold) can physically change your medications and affect their potency (how well they work), which can be harmful to your health, says Mark Heelon, the pharmacist who serves as medication safety officer for Baystate Health.7 Aug 2023
View attachment 124763
https://www.baystatehealth.org › news

Medication Storage Temperature Guidelines - What is Safe? - Baystate Health

We've heard it countless time , my question is WHY. HOW? In detail

Alessa

Alessa

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
I would be very glad if it doesnt effect the potency, but I was told that it does two years ago.
Iam not into chemistry, nor do I no about efficiency loss of medication. Iam just hoping that its misinformation and that I can still rely on its potency.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I would be very glad if it doesnt effect the potency, but I was told that it does two years ago.
Iam not into chemistry, nor do I no about efficiency loss of medication. Iam just hoping that its misinformation and that I can still rely on its potency.
Sometimes my refrigerator freezes liquid depending on how close it is to the corner of the refrigerator it's super weird it's like some areas go below freezing sometimes even when it is set to 2 C max …

I found this

Wait maybe it's not the same as waters freezing point.
What's the freezing point of N?
Aqueous solutions of pentobarbital sodium are not stable, and solutions for injection should not be used if they contain a precipitate. The drug is more stable in propylene glycol, and this vehicle is used as a solvent in commercially available injections. Solutions of pentobarbital sodium should not be added to acidic solutions because precipitation of pentobarbital may occur. Pentobarbital sodiumsuppositories should be stored at 2-8 °C.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Alessa
Alessa

Alessa

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
Sometimes my refrigerator freezes liquid depending on how close it is to the corner of the refrigerator it's super weird it's like some areas go below freezing sometimes even when it is set to 2 C max …

I found this

Wait maybe it's not the same as waters freezing point.
What's the freezing point of N?
Aqueous solutions of pentobarbital sodium are not stable, and solutions for injection should not be used if they contain a precipitate. The drug is more stable in propylene glycol, and this vehicle is used as a solvent in commercially available injections. Solutions of pentobarbital sodium should not be added to acidic solutions because precipitation of pentobarbital may occur. Pentobarbital sodiumsuppositories should be stored at 2-8 °C.
Thanks for sharing!

It was surely colder than 2°C... God damnit that sucks.
I will get it tested anyway, but its not a good sign. :(

casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Thanks for sharing!

It was surely colder than 2°C... God damnit that sucks.
I will get it tested anyway, but its not a good sign. :(
It's a salt. What the guy posted above is in an aqueous solution. So like an alcohol or water. But if it's like in a pill form or its solid salt form it should barely breakdown.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
It's a salt. What the guy posted above is in an aqueous solution. So like an alcohol or water. But if it's like in a pill form or its solid salt form it should barely breakdown.
It says suppositories ?

Alessa

Alessa

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
Its the liquid Iam talking about, not the "powder" if you mean that. So its a bad thing. I will get it tested when I get it.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023

Room temperature is what the vendor told me

casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
It says suppositories ?
That doesn't change anything. Unless it's some kind of liquid suppository which I don't think that's even a thing.
If it's in a pill or something like that the coating will breakdown eventually since it's meant to do that but inside is just a salt. At worst it might clump together but if it's sealed not even that. We've been harvesting regular table salt from dead marine life from millions of years ago and it still tastes good.