Nonexistence

Nonexistence

Aug 12, 2018
In the Peaceful Pill Handbook it states that prolonged use of antipsychotics may mean that Nembutal may not work for some individuals. Something to do with it being broken down in the liver.

Does anyone know more about this or is able to source more information on this? Such as, if someone was to stop taking antipsychotics (I only take them for sleep and could take something else instead) would it then be that Nembutal would work 'as normal'?

I don't want to end up in a prolonged, possibly 24 hour comatose state, as it says in the book.

Reactions: lv-gras and anna
T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
You would have to stop taking antipsychotics for a few weeks, I believe. I stopped taking mine around Tuesday last week and I didn't get serious withdrawal symptoms until the past few days (almost CTB'd actually).

Reactions: lv-gras and anna
Nonexistence

Nonexistence

Aug 12, 2018
You would have to stop taking antipsychotics for a few weeks, I believe. I stopped taking mine around Tuesday last week and I didn't get serious withdrawal symptoms until the past few days (almost CTB'd actually).

Okay, obviously I'd hoped you could just stop taking them and be alright but where did you hear/read that?

Reactions: lv-gras
T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
Okay, obviously I'd hoped you could just stop taking them and be alright but where did you hear/read that?

To be honest it actually depends on the specific medication that you're taking - I believe the different antipsychotics have different half lives, so you would have to look up the half life of your medication. For example I was taking Zyprexa which has a half life of 33 hours according to Wikipedia, which means that after approximately 33 hours there'll be half of the medication left in one's system, and after about 66 hours there'll be 1/4 left of the medication. I just stated a few weeks since that would be more than enough time to allow the medication to be excreted and the withdrawal effects to pass.