E

endoftheroad22

Jul 24, 2020
Hi all, I am mentally preparing myself to ctb. I was thinking about jumping as it is fast and I think if you are up high enough (100m or more) the death should be super quick.

I was telling a friend about my fears of it not working out (e.g. I survive somehow) and she said that my attitude is too negative and that I always think the worst will happen.

Do you guys relate to this? Do you think your negativity stands in the way of being able to try to ctb? There is always some level of risk I know, but maybe I am being too pessimistic about failing with such an effective method.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and mediocre
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Give no fucks about other people's negating opinions when you are making such a major decision.

Sounds like your friend was pushing you to suicide. Let her figure out her own suicide if she knows so much.

Reactions: Bct, Lorntroubles, Zappfe lover and 1 other person
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
Hi all, I am mentally preparing myself to ctb. I was thinking about jumping as it is fast and I think if you are up high enough (100m or more) the death should be super quick.

I was telling a friend about my fears of it not working out (e.g. I survive somehow) and she said that my attitude is too negative and that I always think the worst will happen.

Do you guys relate to this? Do you think your negativity stands in the way of being able to try to ctb? There is always some level of risk I know, but maybe I am being too pessimistic about failing with such an effective method.
You are thinking about doing something that can result in a lot of suffering. So yes, it's completely reasonable to be afraid of the risks.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Lorntroubles and GoodPersonEffed
E

endoftheroad22

Jul 24, 2020
You are thinking about doing something that can result in a lot of suffering. So yes, it's completely reasonable to be afraid of the risks.
Yeah, that's true. What percentage of people really survive such massive falls though? It's hard to find statistics.

The reason I posted is that I think there was some truth to her comment about me being too negative. I feel like I should have more confidence in my ability to be successful if I plan this well. I feel like doubling up methods (taking a poison and then jumping) could also really improve my odds and help limit the time I spend alive in the worst case scenario.

Reactions: Zappfe lover
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I think it's reasonable to believe our negativity has some effect. For many of us, we have seen failure so often and have come to expect the worst from life, which is why we think the way w do in the first place. Expecting to fail at yet another thing is not a stretch.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Lorntroubles and Zappfe lover
E

endoftheroad22

Jul 24, 2020
I think it's reasonable to believe our negativity has some effect. For many of us, we have seen failure so often and have come to expect the worst from life, which is why we think the way w do in the first place. Expecting to fail at yet another thing is not a stretch.
That is exactly it. I feel like I am the kind of person who would manage to screw this up somehow.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed