S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Like when I try to browse twitter it forces me to login. I get why so it can track you and makes for more complete data. But soon it'll be this for everything and then some form of authentication to use the service?
Do you think this is all the internet will be in a while or will some parts remain how it was?
I think if any remains it will be sucked of any life because most of the content will be on the sites where you need ID.

Reactions: demuic, onlyanimalsaregood, Nemeshisu and 1 other person
Krieger

Krieger

yeah
Apr 16, 2022
I don't like that either. I also hate putting my phone number when I sign up to a site. Why does every site want it??? Sorry but nobody's gonna hack my account on a video game forum LOL

Reactions: houseofleaves, onlyanimalsaregood, Nemeshisu and 3 others
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I don't like that either. I also hate putting my phone number when I sign up to a site. Why does every site want it??? Sorry but nobody's gonna hack my account on a video game forum LOL
I still don't really get multiple step verification. Password plus email seems ok.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I had several Twitter accounts but stopped using them a long time ago, got signed out, don't feel like signing in because of several personal reasons (and because I don't feel like searching for the passwords) and now every so often when I read a news-article or whatever which links to Twitter and then I go to Twitter, scroll down to read all the news and of course it starts bitching about my not being logged in and I won't log in just to read some gaming news etc.

Sometimes when I really want to see something on Twitter, I use Nitter which lets you use Twitter without an account. But in 99% of the cases it's just to see what a certain artist has posted.

I hate Instagram too. I was on one subreddit and read about a dog shelter today. It linked to Instagram, I went there, scrolled down a bit, and it started to complain about how I should use the app. Well, I pressed the "Use the App" option and of course it just broke everything instead of just taking me to the same dog shelter page but on app.

And fuck Reddit too. The same thing with it as with Instagram.

And special mention to the Oculus 2 which requires a Facebook account and if Fb ever bans you for any reason or for no reason at all, you can't use your 400 dollar Oculus 2 for anything. I read about several cases where people bought Oculus 2, made a Facebook account to play on it, and got instabanned and unable to use the Oculus. Oculus 1 is good though and doesn't require Fb account. I recommend everyone to get it. Helps with lockdowns or whenever you spent too much time indoors.

I stopped using Multiple Step verifications because of Battlenet and Steam. With Battlenet, I had to email Blizzard a photo of my driver's license because I had gotten a new phone or something and forgot the restore code or something. Bonus points if I found it afterwards, can't remember. With Steam I got a new phone, and iirc I luckily magically happened to find a screenshot of the code, I was already writing to Steam and Steam basically requires you to tell your whole Steam story there and of course it was back when I had some troubles so I couldn't even answer all their questions and might have been rejected by Steam for not remembering all my purchases or having my latest bank card or something.

I hope they ban those "Needs an account to browse" sites. MSVs are good in theory, but in practice I hate using them. "Oh, your phone broke, you can't turn it back on, and you don't have the restore code because you wrote in on a piece of paper 3 years ago and of course you don't happen to have 3 year old pieces of paper lying around right in front of you, do you? Well, fuck you! Post your driving license and sob story! And pray that we accept Finnish driving licenses and your sob story! Or even reply!".

Reactions: demuic, onlyanimalsaregood and Nemeshisu
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Yeah, it's really annoying. I want nothing to do with social networks.

Reactions: demuic and Sakura94
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

đź‘»
Nov 5, 2020
2 step verification…

And to sell your number to telemarketers.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Sometimes when I really want to see something on Twitter, I use Nitter which lets you use Twitter without an account. But in 99% of the cases it's just to see what a certain artist has posted.

Thank you for this. Nitter has what I need. Didn't know it crawled everything (or mostly everything).

Reactions: Manaaja and demuic