Lady_Loveless

Lady_Loveless

Oct 3, 2020
So I've been dealing with mental health issues for as long as I can remember, the last few years after my best friend killed himself there hasn't been a day I haven't fantasized about doing the same thing. Well today at work (I work in an ER) we had someone come in who had attempted. The staff rolled their eyes, laughed, mocked this poor guy and for some reason the EMTs decided to bring the suicide note along the staff was all reading it in the hallways. As someone who struggles this hit me incredibly hard. People are disgusting.
I just really needed to vent.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: The end !, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, foxdie and 4 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
The ER treatment of suicidal people is vile.

The police were nicer to me than the ER staff. A lot of people I have talked to here have said something similar.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: The end !, Lady_Loveless and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Okay. I can't believe this. How can professionals be so mean? Damn, this is astonishing and shocking at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, Lady_Loveless and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
So sad...the lack of empathy

• Love
Reactions: The end ! and Lady_Loveless
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
What a bunch of assholes. If hell exists, there is a place for them there.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, Lady_Loveless, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I remember being laughed at by staff, happens more often than people think.

The medic who was in the back of the ambulance with me was nice though, I got to play with gloves and stuff.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: The end !, Lady_Loveless and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Oh wow that poor guy, after an attempt to have that happen. It's so cruel. Also scares me too. I don't want to be mocked if I failed and have my note read in the hallway, holy shit. Isn't that technically evidence or something? I really feel like first responders shouldn't take anything from your house ugh.

It also makes me wonder how desensitized some medical personnel can be. They must be under so much pressure RN and they must have to compartmentalize and dissociate just to survive sometimes. Pretty shit all around I suppose.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: The end !, Lady_Loveless, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
The staff rolled their eyes, laughed, mocked this poor guy and for some reason the EMTs decided to bring the suicide note along the staff was all reading it in the hallways.
Somehow I find the scenery to be really funny.

Interesting. How eager is the staff in trying to keep suicidal people alive? Because it sounds like neither the staff nor suicidal people are interested in this.

• Love
Reactions: Meretlein, The end !, Lady_Loveless and 2 others