T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I have already had the worst day so far so hopefully it gets better. Mainly wanna vent about something that brought back memories that I don't enjoy.

Someone just walked into my class and they must have wore the same perfume as my ex because the smell involuntarily triggered what seemed to be a genuine flashback, I knew those existed from prior PTSD, but I hated that feeling and having it again.

To top it all off, I have to see the guy she cheated on me with every single damn day I go to campus. It's only two times a week but I can't ignore him. He always hangs out in the library so I always see him because that's the only quiet place I can go to study.

I realize now that she's kinda a POS due to her cheating and I don't necessarily want *her* back, I more so want the comfort and companionship she brought back. I don't feel like I know her anymore, I know who she used to be, which isn't the same as she is now.

There's been no good thing that has happened so far. Some other personal things has happened but I don't know if anything could happen that could make this day better. I may update if something good does happen but today has already left me feeling pretty down. I hope everyone here is having a better day than me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: spinningmyself, SexyIncél, pole and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm sorry that happened. Flashbacks are a real pain in the ass. It must be so trigger in to have see that guy ever time you go to school and such a big distraction when you're trying to get an education. I hope today's pain abates some and you feel better tomorrow.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I'm sorry that happened. Flashbacks are a real pain in the ass. It must be so trigger in to have see that guy ever time you go to school and such a big distraction when you're trying to get an education. I hope today's pain abates some and you feel better tomorrow.
It was, especially the flashbacks. I haven't been able to focus a lot of the day and it threw me off badly. I left school early today (I generally hang around campus for an hour or 2 after class but left immediately after) just because I didn't want to have to see him and just wanted to go home. I didn't get much done today as a result of all of this.

Hopefully I get more done tomorrow, I won't have to go to campus so I think I will.

Also, I didn't even know that kinda stuff could cause flashbacks but I learned very quickly today. Thanks for your kind words