freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I recently quit for 7 weeks and picked it back up in a moment of foolishness. I'd become concerned that I was overeating even more than usual. The awful cough and noisy wheezing are back, it makes absolutely no sense to carry on down this route. After the 3 hour 'night's sleep' I just had waking up with a terrible splitting headache the vapes need to go back in the drawer. Afraid I have a self destructive streak and am at least defiant and counter suggestive when it comes to good advice etc. Why is every vice so bad for us? Seems like I got away with (excessive) vaping for years but the effects have caught up with me finally.

Edit: I put all the paraphernalia in a small make up bag and put it in the drawer after a particularly dramatic and noisy episode of coughing and retching. Maybe there'll be updates to follow. For now I feel relief at giving up harming myself and actually listening to my body for once.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: dramatizelist and waitingforrest
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I'm sorry you are in pain right now. It is like the most effective coping mechanisms for living are usually the ones that can kill us eventually. Your head must be hurting horribly still, maybe try drinking more water and staying hydrated. Or maybe some painkillers to get you through the night.

Reactions: freedompass
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I'm sorry you are in pain right now. It is like the most effective coping mechanisms for living are usually the ones that can kill us eventually. Your head must be hurting horribly still, maybe try drinking more water and staying hydrated. Or maybe some painkillers to get you through the night.
Oh, I took painkillers and ended up sleeping quite well and solidly in the end. Thanks for your kind response! Hey I still have coffee and tea. All the proponents of drinking 2 litres of plain water a day can just do one, since it turns out tea and coffee are perfectly acceptable alternatives and don't dehydrate you as was previously thought.

In a way I'm actually glad my body has let me know unequivocally that it can no longer tolerate vaping. For years I was just unsure but worried, you know? Since there haven't been long term studies done of the effects on the lungs. Plus it really isn't fun being dependent on a substance/habit, well I'm sure you guys know that right?

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Sorry I've just realised that came off rude I didn't mean you waitingforrest, I just meant all the 'health gurus' and 'nutrition experts' who constantly harp on about drinking 2 litres of water a day, that's all. I personally do not like water except on the rare occasion, usually in the summer, when I'm actually thirsty. Even then I'll go for Pellegrino with ice and lemon if at all possible.

Well I didn't vape today and ended up sleeping most of the day. The wheezing and coughing has already subsided thank god. Maybe it was the stress on the body from that that caused me to sleep so much.