• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
I live in NYC. Unfortunately, jumping from a height is harder than one would think. Your body falls in projectile motion as an arc. So you'll likely land just beyond the sidewalk, where all the cars are parked. A car will break your fall and render this method unsuccessful. If you happen to find a place without cars, you need to watch out for street signs, flower/tree arrangements, and garbage bags. People are also abundant, so clearly you have to jump at specific times (e.g. 4am). Hotels have locked windows, so you'll need one with a balcony and hope they assign you to an appropriate height (and again, the landing spot needs to be researched).

As for me, I live on the 8th floor (too low). I have access to the apartment roof on the 12th floor (this is sufficient, I think). Cars are parked below, so I'd have to wait for a spot to open up so that I can park my own car there, and then move it out of the way at 4am. This also has to be coordinated with garbage collection and my work schedule.

I've coordinated this effort before, but the SI was just too strong as I sat on the rooftop ledge. So I really need a way to reduce this. If I had easier access to this method (24/7, without need to plan), I think I'd be successful (because impulsivity would play a large role).

Sigh. Any advice on how to reduce SI for jumping?

• Hugs
Reactions: StateOfMind, Asta, 21Neberg and 5 others
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
How about a strong drink ?

Reactions: Jumper and Faraway1990
C

Crematedashes

Jun 19, 2019
Probably the easiest thing I can think of is learning to tolerate physical pain and developing a sense of fearlessness.

Edit: for example, you could maybe try some extreme sport or bungee jumping or something until you get desensitized to falling. Or at least until you'll have an easier time doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asta and Jumper
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
My method is also jumping and I've been at this for years. I believe when the time comes you're just ready. That's it. When the moment comes you're at peace, no fear nothing just absolute peace.

Reactions: SadRat, justwannadie and Jumper
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
My method is also jumping and I've been at this for years. I believe when the time comes you're just ready. That's it. When the moment comes you're at peace, no fear nothing just absolute peace.
Have you ever seen suicide jumps?
Gene Sprague walked on that bridge for 1.5 hours before he jumped. There's definitely fear in this method. In others, I agree with you, just not with jumping

Reactions: tryingtoescape, justwannadie, 21Neberg and 1 other person
Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
Are you still around? Your profile is limited.

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Are you still around? Your profile is limited.
Yea I am, not going anywhere soon though :( everything on lockdown again. I don't want people getting sad because of me so that's why I have limited my profile.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Alcohol is solid for this. Best thing i could think of is try to gain access to a high place and drink

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Practice makes deadly perfection.
My method is train but it feels like we are in a similar boat because of planning and SI.
You have to find a way to desensitize yourself tot the situation by doing all your steps and stages as much as possible until you get bored of keep trying again and finally commit.
A little alcohol will help but I wouldn't rely on that too much since you want to minimize unpredictable outcomes.