StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Yeah, it's me again the PIA. I'm sure you all are getting tired of me bitching and complaining. But I'm here to ask a huge favor. If you've been reading my posts you know my story. If you haven't, well you're not missing much. I really need positive reinforcement - I'm terrified to move 1500 miles away, start a new job and just uproot my life after many many years. I'm terrified that I won't be able to perform the duties of the job (even though I've done it for 30 years). The good point is I can keep Sweet Pea. I am sorry I am so needy, I try not to be. I really need to know that I can make this move and start my life over (I am NOT a spring chicken - I am an old goose). Thank you for listening.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: anxious_depressive, Pluto, waitingforrest and 4 others
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I haven't been following your story but it's encouraging to hear from someone with the courage to make big changes in their life to make things better for themselves. I wish you the best of luck. Is Sweet Pea a pet?

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I haven't been following your story but it's encouraging to hear from someone with the courage to make big changes in their life to make things better for themselves. I wish you the best of luck. Is Sweet Pea a pet?
Yes, Sweet Pea is my beloved cat (12 years). I was going to ctb but couldn't find a home for her. Then this job came up and now I can keep her.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Manaaja, whatevs and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not think that anyone is tired of you, I always like seeing your posts. I do hope that things go well for you and I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and Foresight
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I´m happy that you found a way to make your life livable. 👍

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and Foresight
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I do not think that anyone is tired of you, I always like seeing your posts. I do hope that things go well for you and I wish you the best.
I've made the mistake of doing a YouTube search on where I'll be living and its #1 for crime. Damn!

B

bleeeeeep

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Jan 5, 2022
i wish you all the luck in the world! i really do hope things work out for you.
uprooting is a very daunting thing, but you can certainly start your life over. i'm glad you get to keep sweet pea, she sounds like a wonderful companion in all of this :)

edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Yeah, it's me again the PIA. I'm sure you all are getting tired of me bitching and complaining. But I'm here to ask a huge favor. If you've been reading my posts you know my story. If you haven't, well you're not missing much. I really need positive reinforcement - I'm terrified to move 1500 miles away, start a new job and just uproot my life after many many years. I'm terrified that I won't be able to perform the duties of the job (even though I've done it for 30 years). The good point is I can keep Sweet Pea. I am sorry I am so needy, I try not to be. I really need to know that I can make this move and start my life over (I am NOT a spring chicken - I am an old goose). Thank you for listening.
COME ON, DON'T THINK TWICE... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
MAKE US PROUD... MAKE YOURSELF PROUD... IT'S ALL UP TO YOU, COME ON

Reactions: whatevs
_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
I've read many of your posts and you have made it through a lot of really tough stuff, you can surely make it through this.

Reactions: Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Uprooting my life was the best thing I ever did. I look forward to doing it again. I find it refreshing.

Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
I enjoy moving and starting over. I've done it several times and will do it several more. But everyone is different. Is it something you want to do or just feel is an only option? What are some things you think would make the move more comfortable for you?

Reactions: Foresight
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Dude, I would also be absolutely terrified of moving somewhere far away. I can't tell what the future might be but I really commend you doing all of this for Sweet Pea.

It must be already stressful to move, but also try to go back to work again. But as pro-lifey as it sounds, the lengths you would go for Sweet Pea says a lot about you and how much you care about her.

That kind of unconditional selfless love can be considered are self-destructive for some people. But I would say that we really only live once, so why not try to spend it with the things we love the most?

I really hope the best for you, and it's absolutely okay to feel overwhelmed and worried during these times.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I did something similar a few years ago and it's ultimately worked out for the best. The key is to find like-minded people in the area so you are not alone in the process.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I enjoy moving and starting over. I've done it several times and will do it several more. But everyone is different. Is it something you want to do or just feel is an only option? What are some things you think would make the move more comfortable for you?
I guess my age has something to do with it (I'm older). Do I want to move - yes and no. Yes, I need a fresh start (been here almost 30 years) and no - getting rid of everything I own is hard, I know it's just stuff but I've worked so hard for all of it (I can't afford to have it moved). I've tried really hard to find a job here but I haven't found one. Thank you so much for responding to my post. RIght now my brain is just fried.

A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
I've made the mistake of doing a YouTube search on where I'll be living and its #1 for crime. Damn!
Crime can be a problem.
As a woman, I understand you.

In one of your previous posts, you wrote that you were offered two job options.
Is there an opportunity to consider the second option of work?

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Crime can be a problem.
As a woman, I understand you.

In one of your previous posts, you wrote that you were offered two job options.
Is there an opportunity to consider the second option of work?
theyre both in the same city. there is a smaller town 20 minutes away that is the best place to live in the state thats where ill live

A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
theyre both in the same city. there is a smaller town 20 minutes away that is the best place to live in the state thats where ill live
Unfortunately, crime is high all over the world right now.(((

Try to look for a safe area to live in this city .(where do you plan to work )

Hugs 🤗

Last edited: