D

deanh53

Aug 23, 2024
I am really struggling and last few months have suicidal thoughts, I have lost the love my life, I feel so low and no confidence. What are the chances if I jump from car ferry in to sea half way through crossing. How can I be sure this works, any assistance will be appreciated

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Evelyn Lane and kyhoti
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
That's very lethal. You could add weights to your legs to increase your chances of sinking, but beyond that, sounds like a great plan. Try to not get caught in the act. Solid plan, little chance of failure unless someone sees you and rescues you with a boat or something.

Reactions: deanh53
D

deanh53

Aug 23, 2024
That's very lethal. You could add weights to your legs to increase your chances of sinking, but beyond that, sounds like a great plan. Try to not get caught in the act. Solid plan, little chance of failure unless someone sees you and rescues you with a boat or something.
Thank you, hopefully this works, I don't like idea of hanging which had crossed my mind, incase it goes wrong and I don't die, I been thinking about this as I can't swim and I don't want any body to find me so this has been going round my head for few weeks, I'm due to go on a ferry shortly I know it's my time to depart and End this pain and suffering and finally be at peace

Reactions: Evelyn Lane
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
Thank you, hopefully this works, I don't like idea of hanging which had crossed my mind, incase it goes wrong and I don't die, I been thinking about this as I can't swim and I don't want any body to find me so this has been going round my head for few weeks, I'm due to go on a ferry shortly I know it's my time to depart and End this pain and suffering and finally be at peace
Glad I could be of help to you. I hope you find the peace you seek.

Reactions: deanh53
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Very unlikely you'll get rescued in time to rescusitate you; with the time it takes to stop/circle the vessel or even crew and release a lifeboat.
You'll be hitting the water from a reasonable height and I'd guess that the impact of that plus the shock of the change in temperature (not knowing where you are I'm not sure if that's applicable) will tend to make for a big exhale. Not being a swimmer it's likely you'll panic, struggle and intake a fair amount of water almost immediately.
Best wishes for a successful outcome whatever your final decision.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Be aware that firstly, this is a public suicide and you'll be passing your trauma onto innocent people.

Secondly, there's always crew about who keep an eye out for accidental or deliberate overboard incidents.

Thirdly, it's not that easy to climb up to get over without attracting attention.

Fourthly, in this weather, the crew will be paying extra attention and may well close off access to the decks to prevent any accidents and loss of life.

Fifthly, you'll be risking their lives by forcing them to go out in the lifeboats to look for you, not to mention the lives of the rescue services they call who will spend hours out at sea in this horrific wind and rain searching.

If you want to kill yourself, please find a method that doesn't involve and endanger other people.

Reactions: random_user, nattanatta, maniac116 and 1 other person