• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

breatheout

breatheout

spotty with being online. chronically online tbh
Dec 17, 2023
So last time I cut, I went way overboard and now I have a bunch of permanent and very red scars. It's been a month, they're flat skin, but so red. Summer is gonna be here eventually, and i like going to the beach with my family, but they still don't know, nor do I ever want them to know about my self harm habits. anyone know a good cover up for them? waterproof foundation isn't working, and I honestly don't want to be dropping hundreds to cover it. Context on size, its both of my entire shin and calf, knee to ankle.

• Aww..
Reactions: girlsboysthems and Yuki_03
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I still have mine 10 years later.

SH is nasty, sadly not much we can do about the scars except accept them.

I.always caution people again SH, nothing good comes from it and the scars ars literally for a life time.

Long sleeves is all we can do.

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
some water activities where you need to cover your whole body (maybe surf or similar) or wear long trousers and try to stay away from shorts, or bikinis. it shouldn't look too weird, as they arent in your wrists.

or you could cover them with bandages and say you fell or scraped yourself. or an animal.

but it should be okay in a few months if you dont cut too low. try reducing SH and cut nearer your thighs, but only if you really need it.

try alternatives in the mean time (hair bands, ice, cold water,...)

Reactions: breatheout
X

xhelx

decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
Maybe a waterproof concealer might work, since it's specifically made to cover up things? Maybe a color corrector would also help with the redness.
Also it's only been a month, they will definitely improve by summer, since scars can take months until they fully heal. Or you could get one of those long skirt like cover-ups to wear on the beach.

Reactions: breatheout
AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
Cute knee socks? Doesn't help for the beach, I guess.

But when I used to self harm, the redness would fade to white fairly fast for shallow cuts - couple months max.

I did a number on my legs once, knees to ankles, but they were all surface cuts, like cat scratches. I haven't retained those scars so yours may disappear eventually unless they were deep/keyloid. My thighs and my arms are a different story. 15 years on I still have a lot of white scars. My skin is super pale and thin and prone to scarring.

There's a foundation called il makiage that you do an online test for and one of the questions you can select redness corrector. A while back I also tried one called Covermark. Quite full coverage but not sure what either would be like on legs - and I think even waterproof stuff wouldn't stand up to a dip in the ocean.

You might want to Google waterproof STAGE makeup. Something specifically designed for heavy coverage on stage, or as a dancer/cheerleader will be thicker and more resistant to sweat - and possibly water?

Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
It's drastic, but I did tattoos. Tattoo artists tend to give discounts if they skin they're inking shows signs of self-harm, too.

AshersGirl

AshersGirl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
Oh, and according to a makeup article I just found from synchronised swimmers make up tips of all things, applying Vaseline over the top of your make up can help it stay waterproof šŸ˜‘

Worth testing.

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
We don't know the name of them, but there are clothes you wear under for beach/water activities intended to prevent chafing and sunburn. Something like that will probably be your best option. They fit skin tight and cover everything. From our experience, nothing short of covering with clothing will really work. It's just a matter of finding appropriate clothing that covers.