stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Hello, everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted a thread here, but anyways...
Before I get to the thing I need to put out of my chest, I think I have to recap briefly some things about my situation.

First of all, I have had symptoms of depression since I was 4 years old, when I started therapy. Can't remember exactly when the suicidal thoughts began, but since I mention it a lot in my diary (from when I was 11-12yo), I imagine it was around that time. So I have been on and off treatment (both meds and therapy) from a really young age (I am 25 years old now). I have also spent 3 months on a mental hospital by choice. And yes, I had a good experience. Also with my latest therapist, who is amazing and even though I said I wanted to stop treatment, she is always checking on me. Meds worked for some time, but started to make me feel numb at some point. So currently I am not committed to any kind of treatment.

Secondly, my diagnosis are: BPD, Major Depressive Disorder, with episodes of psychosis and melancholia.

Everyone who has seen any of my threads probably already know my parents (also my whole family and friends) are completely aware of my mental health issues and my suicidal ideation, especially my mom, who lives with me. And they are all really supportive and understanding.

The thing is: back in january, I sat down with my parents and told them I finally had found a method (SN) that I was comfortable with, and told them to prepare themselves because my intention was to do use it. Basically, my dad got too emotional and almost had a heart attack and my mom just kept looking at me, silently. It was obviously not comfortable, but they ended up asking me for a year, so I could try again with all the help I needed (also because I have been losing weight and that's something that bothered me a lot, so they thought I was going to be happier in the long run). At the time, I said I would try for them for as long as I could take for a year.

Well, it's almost june and in fact I am feeling better about my body, I found the good therapist, I started studying philosophy... but, yeah, still pretty much suicidal. I mean, in the 13 years of my life, I have tried ctbing at least 10 times in a serious way. But for the first time it's not only being planned, I am actually writing all the letters, writing the instructions, looking for the hotel I plan to do it, already bought all the meds, including benzos. I'd say I will be fully prepared in less than 2 weeks. But my sister's anniversary is june 17th, so I can't do it before it.

I don't know if my parents are completely aware that I am doing it already, but I think they do. My dad is a little bit naive, but I told him to talk about my suicide to his therapist, so... And my mom... Man, my mom. What a woman. Honestly, my biggest fear about dying is never seeing that woman again. She is everything and more to me. That day back in january when she was silent, she later came to my room, sat down on my bed and with tears in her eyes she said: "Stella, I know you are suffering, I can't lie to you, see you going would break me and I would miss your smell and spirit around the house, but I would never get angry because I don't want you to suffer for the rest of your life". You see, back in school, my depression was really bad and I remember she never left the house in fear I would hurt myself. Many nights at that time were spent by me sobbing and my mom holding me and dedicating her whole life to me. And also to my brother, who is an addict.
But now it's just me and her. My brother is still an addict but is living on his own, my sister moved out with her boyfriend, and my dad is her best friend, but they are divorced, so it's me, my mama and our two old ladies dogs.
Anyway, I am really skeptical, but analyzing the connection I have with mama, I can see that we are not here together randomly (maybe we are), but I truly believe we have encountered each other. And I have no idea what this means, it is just a feeling.

I am sure my mom knows I am planning and I have the feeling she believes I am going this time, because she keeps hugging me and smelling me. We sing songs to each others and it's always with that goodbye feeling.

So some days ago, my best friend I met here killed himself and I am suffering a lot (how hypocritical), so some days ago I was crying and mama came to me and held me for some minutes and said: "You see, you are suffering like this and you have known this guy for 4 months, has never even seen him. Imagine how much I will suffer if you do it." She is totally right, but I told her to not tell me that because that was not fair to me.

Today, my therapist messaged me and when I told my mom, she said: "why don't you go back to the sessions now that you are off the meds?"; I said: "because at this moment I don't want to get better or live, but if I decide to live I am going back to her." The minute I said "if I decide to live", my mom just started crying, and she was washing the dishes and left all of it, looked at me and said: "honey, imagine if you decided to live! Oh my god, imagine!". At this point, I just broke down and she hugged me, sobbing, and I said: "mom, I can't anymore, You know that. You have to accept that". She just kept nodding her head lightly negatively and hugging me. Then I looked her in the eyes and said: "Mom, you know it's been too hard for me, I don't think I can stay", she asked me if I wanted to go back to the mental hospital (since the first time it was my decision), and after I said "no" and reaffirmed I was suffering too much, she said "I know, honey, I know", hugged me again and I think that was it.

If you read all of this, thanks.
Basically. I am fucked, because I need to leave but leaving my mother is the hardest thing. It breaks my heart because I couldn't have better parents, especially a better mom. She respects my individuality, my opinions, and she is so open minded. I just realized she is turning 60 this year and she wanted to make a party to celebrate it, but it is in december. Yeah, I am completely fucked.

I don't know if anyone is even going to read all of this, but I just needed to put it out here.

Much love to you all. <3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, kwho, SVEN and 24 others
L

lookingforsanctuary

Experienced
May 14, 2023
Your love for your mother really comes through. It's beautiful to read. I'm glad you have experienced such love in your life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: secretsfromthecity, loopdaloop, stermc and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
While reading this one can feel the love to each others among you and your mum. You are glad to receive so much love in all your life!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop, hopelessdreams, stermc and 2 others
quietly_gone

quietly_gone

π’”π’‘π’–π’•π’π’Šπ’Œ π’”π’˜π’†π’†π’•π’‰π’†π’‚π’“π’• πŸͺ
May 9, 2023
You seem to have suffered a lot throughout your whole life, but I'm glad that while all that happened, you found support from the people you love and managed to create such a special bond with your mom. Reading this made me feel warm, and it's a good feeling amidst all the darkness my life is currently soaked in. That sounded edgy lmao but it's the only way I can word it. So thank you, in a way, for sharing it. I live in a complete different context but this felt comforting somehow. I hope you find your answers.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, stermc, CTB Dream and 1 other person
feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
I'm speechless tbh, the only thing I want to tell you is, of course it would be better if u didn't follow through, but if your decision if final then I hope u find peace and don't suffer anymore. And hope your mother can somehow move on from this and find happiness again. Wish you all the best.:hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, stermc and CTB Dream
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Your love for your mother really comes through. It's beautiful to read. I'm glad you have experienced such love in your life.
thank you! I am glad as well. β™₯
While reading this one can feel the love to each others among you and your mum. You are glad to receive so much love in all your life!
I am completely privileged to have been born in such a loving and caring family, for sure. Thank you for your reply! β™₯
You seem to have suffered a lot throughout your whole life, but I'm glad that while all that happened, you found support from the people you love and managed to create such a special bond with your mom. Reading this made me feel warm, and it's a good feeling amidst all the darkness my life is currently soaked in. That sounded edgy lmao but it's the only way I can word it. So thank you, in a way, for sharing it. I live in a complete different context but this felt comforting somehow. I hope you find your answers.
I am glad it warmed your heart. And I really wish each one of you had the support I have from my mom. Things would be a lot easier. I hope we all find our answers. β™₯
I'm speechless tbh, the only thing I want to tell you is, of course it would be better if u didn't follow through, but if your decision if final then I hope u find peace and don't suffer anymore. And hope your mother can somehow move on from this and find happiness again. Wish you all the best.:hug:
I will be thinking about it the following 2 weeks. Even though it feels like I can't go on, I also feel like I should make an effort at least to be here for a while. I am not sure. I will probably talk to her about it. Thank you so much for your wishes and I also wish you the best β™₯

• Love
Reactions: feder, quietly_gone and kwho
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least you have someone that respects your decision, I think that's rare. I wish you the best.

Reactions: stermc
Barzakh

Barzakh

Apr 7, 2019
What an amazing women you mother is … it's truly beautiful.. such an unfair situation you are in, you(we) didn't even ask for any of this.. and here comes life just shitting on us for no reason

• Love
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
At least you have someone that respects your decision, I think that's rare. I wish you the best.
Wish you the best, always.
What an amazing women you mother is … it's truly beautiful.. such an unfair situation you are in, you(we) didn't even ask for any of this.. and here comes life just shitting on us for no reason
She truly is. And hell yeah, so unfair! When I was a little kid, I used to pray for god to help me, but I didn't know I lived right next to a goddess. And she has been the one saving me since then. Damn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Barzakh
L

lookingforsanctuary

Experienced
May 14, 2023
thank you! I am glad as well. β™₯

I am completely privileged to have been born in such a loving and caring family, for sure. Thank you for your reply! β™₯

I am glad it warmed your heart. And I really wish each one of you had the support I have from my mom. Things would be a lot easier. I hope we all find our answers. β™₯

I will be thinking about it the following 2 weeks. Even though it feels like I can't go on, I also feel like I should make an effort at least to be here for a while. I am not sure. I will probably talk to her about it. Thank you so much for your wishes and I also wish you the best β™₯
Talking to her sounds like a good idea. I think you're right to give it a try, then you know you truly tried everything.

• Love
MusicEnjoyer:D

MusicEnjoyer:D

Waiting for my time to arrive.
May 19, 2023
I also have a wonderful caring mom. My biggest regret is not being able to live a life that would make her proud.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mia.wallace and stermc
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
I also have a wonderful caring mom. My biggest regret is not being able to live a life that would make her proud.
I feel for you. We are lucky, but at the same time it makes everything much harder. I am sorry.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mia.wallace and MusicEnjoyer:D
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Many of us did read all of this, Stella, and do wish to support you in whatever choices you make.
Go well, in life or on the 'bus.

• Love
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Many of us did read all of this, Stella, and do wish to support you in whatever choices you make.
Go well, in life or on the 'bus.
Thank you so much. I am also glad I have found this forum and the support you guys have always given me. β™₯

• Love
Reactions: SVEN