S

Spyro24

Jun 24, 2022
A few friends I know (online only so far) have asked me to join them in Greece for a fun holiday and I feel like I said yes a little too quickly.

It's a few days before my flight and my anxiety is through the roof. It's going to be my first solo trip abroad with a lot of unknowns.

I can't decide whether I should go or cancel because I'm excited but I feel like I'm not ready yet. I feel like if I cancel they will be disappointed and get mad at me. I asked a friend outside of the group what they think and they kind of shit on me for even thinking about cancelling. That didn't exactly help and now I feel even worse about the whole thing.

I could really use some advice as I'm freaking out and I have no clue what to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, chloramine, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i think if someone doesnt understand then they arent true friends and you dont need them anyway
maybe explain it?? "id want to go, i think it would be fun. but i dont feel good about it because..."

Reactions: Dead Ghost and Spyro24
StarryNights94

StarryNights94

Sep 18, 2022
You could also have a great time and enjoy yourself. But never feel pressured into doing anything that you're not 100% comfortable with just to please your friends

Reactions: Dead Ghost and Spyro24
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hi!

I agree with @StarryNights94 post and I also would do this if I did go. I would have a backup plan of 1) maybe doing things on one's own if the group aspect does not gel 2) also see if one's flight ticket allows one to change dates, times, flights with zero penalty.

I fly for work a lot and I have really gotten slammed before about no changeable tickets, I learned.

Besides those aspects, I probably would go. I am 66 and one only lives once, as long as a person has backups in place if needed.

Walter

Reactions: Dead Ghost
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I feel like I said yes a little too quickly.
I think this is one of those situations where the best thing to do would be to force yourself to go. It might not be that bad. I'm sorry that you ended up in this situation, I'd feel the same way, awful anxiety and not wanting to go. So if you backed out, I would understand, at least.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
It is just a trip for what? A few days? A week? Go, enjoy the new place, make a new experience and do not set expectations too high. What can possibly go wrong?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and whywere
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Listening to music, watching series during the whole trip or reading will help you. Keep your mind busy. You can also buy a pillow to keep you comfortable during the trip. Do breathing techniques repeatedly as many times as necessary during the trip.