• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
My SN arrived in a 1kg paper bag (not sure what kind of paper but it's def paper). See attachment
The back of the bag seems to be securely sealed with Scotch tape, moreover the bag came inside a plastic bag sealed with the tape you use to seal parcels.
I don't know if the plastic bag is part of the manufacturing process, it looks more like it was added for the shipment.
Therefore I'm worried the paper bag might have been sitting in the factory/warehouse as it is, without plastic sealing.
I haven't opened it so I don't know what's inside the paper bag (another plastic bag maybe?).
My concern: is this packaging safe and air-tight according to you?
I bought it online from a local manufacturer. Many thanks

Attachments

• atk.png
    atk.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 0
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
Update: maybe I found another source.
Will ship in plastic bottles and will state the brand of the product, so I can get information about the manufacturer including a datasheet with chemical details.
The majority of people here seem to receive the product in bottles and I guess there's a valid reason for that.
I only see benefits in purchasing from this source - if possible.
I'm worried about my current SN packaging not being air-tight and I don't want to end up with a fucked-up product just because it was not stored properly.
Still would like to hear some opinions, thank you.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65988

Will ship in plastic bottles and will state the brand of the product, so I can get information about the manufacturer including a datasheet with chemical details.
The majority of people here seem to receive the product in bottles and I guess there's a valid reason for that.
I only see benefits in purchasing from this source - if possible.
That's why it's better packaged in such bottles and the fact that you're getting information that it's standard for anything to be legitimate as a chemical then you're good with this source. You really don't need that much sn to ctb, even 250g is a lot.

I'm worried about my current SN packaging not being air-tight and I don't want to end up with a fucked-up product just because it was not stored properly.
Still would like to hear some opinions, thank you.
By all means, get this other source. My issue with packaging in such a bag is that it may be prone to breaking open and as you said, storage may be concern.

Upvote 0
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
By all means, get this other source. My issue with packaging in such a bag is that it may be prone to breaking open and as you said, storage may be concern.
Thanks a lot, I was hoping to get a reply from you as you seem to be quite knowledgeable.
I agree with all you said, there's just one thing I'm worried about: if I receive the bottle I'll want to blood-test it, by doing so air will enter the container.
SN can slowly oxidize to sodium nitrate when exposed to air, how long will it be reliable? The answer seem to be 80-90 days.
https://www.santos.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Sodium-nitrite-March-2021.pdf (beginning of page 3).
Does it mean I have to use it before this date?

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65988

Thanks a lot, I was hoping to get a reply from you as you seem to be quite knowledgeable.
I agree with all you said, there's just one thing I'm worried about: if I receive the bottle I'll want to blood-test it, by doing so air will enter the container.
SN can slowly oxidize to sodium nitrate when exposed to air, how long will it be reliable? The answer seem to be 80-90 days.
https://www.santos.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Sodium-nitrite-March-2021.pdf (beginning of page 3).
Does it mean I have to use it before this date?
See, logically would it make sense to open it if you need to test it? SN is not a volatile compound that will readily oxidize in air so don't worry too much about it. How will it be reliable will be a question of how well its kept. I think people make a rather big deal out of it for very little reason at all. It does not mean you'll have to use before that date, just keep it as secure as possible and don't keep it near any acid or heat sources or moisture.

Upvote 0
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
See, logically would it make sense to open it if you need to test it? SN is not a volatile compound that will readily oxidize in air so don't worry too much about it. How will it be reliable will be a question of how well its kept. I think people make a rather big deal out of it for very little reason at all. It does not mean you'll have to use before that date, just keep it as secure as possible and don't keep it near any acid or heat sources or moisture.
Thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0