O

onetapgandhi

Student
Oct 4, 2022
I am a broken man. I used to have dream and aspirations of a life with a wife and a kid but what I've been through in my life has destroyed all and any hopes/aspirations I had of a normal life. I have my SN ready and a failed home and a business venture in the back.
I have a job now again. Its in the field of my interest doing what I'm good at. Work hours are cool enough that I can do my things on the side. I have 2 places who are ready to let me use their facilities for research but funding would be my own.

What I am asking is should I dedicate my life to sciences and their exploration like I always originally dreamt of or should I continue with my plan of ingesting SN in mid november because life has a history of giving me a straw to grab onto and then violently snatching it away from me

Also, I am just tired of life at this point. I guess I want to ask here is a tired life worth living?

Reactions: makethepainstop
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I don't think anyone can answer that question for you. It depends on how you feel, what you want - the decision is entirely yours to make.
That said, if there's any doubts in your mind about catching that bus, or if there's anything that you think could sway you, I would certainly explore that first. You deserve the opportunity to pursue your dreams if that's something you want to do. You deserve the opportunity of recovery, if that's what you want. But ultimately, it's your decision. None of us will judge or think less of you either way.

Reactions: makethepainstop and Hirokami
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I am a broken man. I used to have dream and aspirations of a life with a wife and a kid but what I've been through in my life has destroyed all and any hopes/aspirations I had of a normal life. I have my SN ready and a failed home and a business venture in the back.
I have a job now again. Its in the field of my interest doing what I'm good at. Work hours are cool enough that I can do my things on the side. I have 2 places who are ready to let me use their facilities for research but funding would be my own.

What I am asking is should I dedicate my life to sciences and their exploration like I always originally dreamt of or should I continue with my plan of ingesting SN in mid november because life has a history of giving me a straw to grab onto and then violently snatching it away from me

Also, I am just tired of life at this point. I guess I want to ask here is a tired life worth living?
I think having your career situation in a good spot is a start. I do think that if you can build strong enough social connections with friends, family, and/or a relationship with a lady with the hopes of marriage, thta you can have a chance to get things so that your life will really seem worth living. I do think it is worth the effort to try to build social connections to ease loneliness- what is your su0port network of family and friends currently like, and do you have ideas for how it could be better?

O

onetapgandhi

Student
Oct 4, 2022
I think having your career situation in a good spot is a start. I do think that if you can build strong enough social connections with friends, family, and/or a relationship with a lady with the hopes of marriage, thta you can have a chance to get things so that your life will really seem worth living. I do think it is worth the effort to try to build social connections to ease loneliness- what is your su0port network of family and friends currently like, and do you have ideas for how it could be better?
I have 2 good friends. 2 really good friends who have pulled me out of a suicide situation twice now. Family wise, things are really bad as they are the ones driving me to kill myself. Out of those 2 friends, both have moved away now so I have no friends rn and my family wants me to die.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have 2 good friends. 2 really good friends who have pulled me out of a suicide situation twice now. Family wise, things are really bad as they are the ones driving me to kill myself. Out of those 2 friends, both have moved away now so I have no friends rn and my family wants me to die.
Ok, I think something you can do is to try to get acquaintances you can be friendly with and some of these can turn into friendships. Are you in the u.s. or in another country? In the u.s. I can have more specific ideas for making friends but in other countries there will be some similar things. JOoining some kind fo club or sports league can help, it would be good to have a good of at least a few close friends and some others that you hang out with sometimes, and possibly a girlfriend. If you search on youtiube by "how to make friends" there will be many videos, and some of them likely have ideas that can help you. Having a goal of some positiv soical interaction every day iwth someon your care about and who cares about you would be helpful. That's why a girlfriend could really help, since you usually see them more often than a friend- if you start to live with a girl you like and who likes you then you have someon to see every day. Then maybe pets can help,k but get the girl first for sure.

Last edited:
rainbowbright

rainbowbright

Oct 1, 2022
I would give the science venture a go and then see how you feel

Reactions: Someone123
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Ultimately only you can decide that. I think it's worth giving the science job a shot though- if it doesn't work out the SN will still be there.

Reactions: Someone123