mittymittens

mittymittens

let's make it quick, ok?
Jun 11, 2023
context: we were in a trio with him me and our best friend who SA'ed me. i never acknowledged that it was nonconsenual at the time to avoid more drama that the trio tended to have already. due to other factors, we both decided to cut her off and he even told me that their personalities clashed and it was for the best.

fast forward i distanced myself from everyone including him because i was depressed after the falling out. i ended cutting him off impulsively because of this telling him i don't really want to be friends with him due to bad memories and he let me go obviously but i think i still hurt him a lot since we were really close before this whole thing happened.
2 months later i had another impulsive urge to contact him again the conversation was alright and i ended up confessing to him that our best friend had SA'ed me in the summer and he confirmed it was SA and he seemed shocked as i saw them kind of talking to eachother when i told him. but due to either him not believing me, or not wanting to or just plain old he was still hurt from the instance that i cut him off like i was because we both didnt want to continue the conversation after that day. but i see him still associating with my SA'er and invited her back into his circle again after months.
which in a way i understand as they probably forgave eachother after i cut him off and maybe he didn't want to do anything more to destroy that
(I don't think he told her though because i was very close to someone she's possibly dating and he never said anything about SA and he's not the type to confront her about that or ask her about it)

but that was 6 months ago, he's been looking at me in the halls when he's usually alone that aren't bad gazes or anything and even my friend told me he glanced at me twice when he was with a friend so i've been thinking of him more lately and what said gazes mean

some people tell me that those looks could mean he misses me or something i don't really know

in the case he misses me and since a mutual friend is willing to help out fix things between us and in the occasion he wants to try and be friends again, i guess what i'm asking is:

how do i word that i'm uncomfortable, felt unsafe, very sad and angry at the fact i've told him him that she SA'ed me yet it just seemed like he didn't care and made me feel like he was one of those people who doesn't really care about the topic and only care for when it only happens to them.
because it feels like i'm tryna be like "you can't be friends with her!" because i don't wanna choose his friends either or make it sound like i'm controlling

and in a way i feel weird for after acknowledging she SA'ed me months after it happened and only now i'm getting triggered by people knowingly associating with her because honestly if i wasn't triggered it'd be something i'd be able to deal with but after telling my SA'ers boyfriend or close friend, even though he said it was terrible he continued to associate with her, match pfps, put her in his statuses sometimes knowing it made me upset and put me in the worse place again and he'd only remove these things/hide them when it was obvious i was hurt by it.

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
This might sound blunt, dull and frustating; but i think he isn't really the best company to be around.
I understand that cutting off friends can be hard, but SA is a very serious thing and them not taking it properly is a major red flag.

But if you still want to associate with him, be blunt. Say exactly what you said here;
" i'm uncomfortable, felt unsafe, very sad and angry at the fact i told you that she SA'ed me yet it just seemed like you didn't care"

If he doesn't get it, or tries to play it off... Well, i told already that maybe it's for the best.

But I'm sorry about your situation, hope it gets better :)

mittymittens

mittymittens

let's make it quick, ok?
Jun 11, 2023
This might sound blunt, dull and frustating; but i think he isn't really the best company to be around.
I understand that cutting off friends can be hard, but SA is a very serious thing and them not taking it properly is a major red flag.

But if you still want to associate with him, be blunt. Say exactly what you said here;
" i'm uncomfortable, felt unsafe, very sad and angry at the fact i told you that she SA'ed me yet it just seemed like you didn't care"

If he doesn't get it, or tries to play it off... Well, i told already that maybe it's for the best.

But I'm sorry about your situation, hope it gets better :)
thank you, so if he says something like "i do care and im sorry that happened to you but i don't think i can cut her off/i don't want to" would that be bad?

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
thank you, so if he says something like "i do care and im sorry that happened to you but i don't think i can cut her off/i don't want to" would that be bad?
He must have a very good reason, "i don't feel like it" or "i don't want to" shouldn't be enough.

mittymittens

mittymittens

let's make it quick, ok?
Jun 11, 2023
He must have a very good reason, "i don't feel like it" or "i don't want to" shouldn't be enough.
what if the reason is like he doesn't want to loose her after making up with her cus he's cut her off before and seemingly reconnected after i left his life

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
what if the reason is like he doesn't want to loose her after making up with her cus he's cut her off before and seemingly reconnected after i left his life
Well, if that's good enough for you. Personally, I couldn't be friends with someone who is friends with a sexual assaulter, especially my sexual assaulter.

Reactions: randal_bond
mittymittens

mittymittens

let's make it quick, ok?
Jun 11, 2023
Well, if that's good enough for you. Personally, I couldn't be friends with someone who is friends with a sexual assaulter, especially my sexual assaulter.
i guess i'd agree with you too because if i also got that response i think well i'm pretty sure i'd just even be more upset because i feel like that reads as "she didn't do anything to me"

• Hugs
Reactions: randal_bond and avaruus