• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

itzzzayyyy

itzzzayyyy

Aug 15, 2023
hey again guys! i didn't expect to get so many replies on my last post. i need help with eating less. i want to eat less than 400 calories. it's the only way i'll ever lose weight. need some help

• Hugs
Reactions: GRIMDAREAPER666 and whywere
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
That's not going to work. If you're only trying to lose weight, that's not enough calories. If you're trying to CTB, that would do it over time.

As far as losing weight, you need to couple a reasonable diet along with more physical activity. Your body requires so many calories just to run the basic functions and 400 isn't enough.

I'm trying to understand what your motive is for losing weight?

• Hugs
Reactions: Octavia, OpalCheesecake and whywere
itzzzayyyy

itzzzayyyy

Aug 15, 2023
That's not going to work. If you're only trying to lose weight, that's not enough calories. If you're trying to CTB, that would do it over time.

As far as losing weight, you need to couple a reasonable diet along with more physical activity. Your body requires so many calories just to run the basic functions and 400 isn't enough.

i want to lose weight because i don't like the way my body looks. i appear skinny to other people but i want to appear skinny in front of myself

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hi!

1st off at 400 calories it will make your body go into starvation mode. Which is the aspect of your body working overtime trying to hold on to calories. Also, if one would somehow lose weight, one's metabolism is so messed up that if one starts eating about like 400 calories weight will come back on.

A sensible diet with LOTS of exercise should bring the weight off in time, but not in a flash. however, a sensible diet and plenty of exercise as long as one keeps the exercise in the daily life plan should help.

Walter

Reactions: Octavia and OpalCheesecake
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i want to lose weight because i don't like the way my body looks. i appear skinny to other people but i want to appear skinny in front of myself
OK. May I ask your height and weight now?

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023

I'd assume since it's in recovery forum it's for just life improvement. Also I agree with everything you're saying. To OP, whilst you technically can anorexia yourself, odds are you either will lock yourself in a cycle of not eating then binge eating or end up hitting your weight and then massively regaining on account of your metabolism slowing to attempt to counter your starvation.

Only long term way is gonna happen from exercise and diet :P.

• Hugs
Reactions: Octavia, JustSomeoneOnline and whywere
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd assume since it's in recovery forum it's for just life improvement.
This thread isn't in the recovery forum. It's in the suicide discussion forum.

itzzzayyyy

itzzzayyyy

Aug 15, 2023
Hi!

1st off at 400 calories it will make your body go into starvation mode. Which is the aspect of your body working overtime trying to hold on to calories. Also, if one would somehow lose weight, one's metabolism is so messed up that if one starts eating about like 400 calories weight will come back on.

A sensible diet with LOTS of exercise should bring the weight off in time, but not in a flash. however, a sensible diet and plenty of exercise as long as one keeps the exercise in the daily life plan should help.

Walter
i don't really have time to do intense exercising. work and other stuff takes up a lot of time. i average about 4,000 steps though (not a lot)

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
This is a bit random but if I want to cut down my calorie intake I buy some sugar free jelly, or jello in the US. It's hardly any calories and makes you feel like you've had a dessert.

• Hugs
Reactions: Octavia, itzzzayyyy and whywere
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
This thread isn't in the recovery forum. It's in the suicide discussion forum.
Oh shit you're right lmao. My bad. Ya then you were absolutely right to assume it was ctb by starvation.

Reactions: Octavia
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i think i'm 5'3-5'4 weighing around 119-121. i lose weight sometimes during the day
OK. So it just sounds like you're trying to lose weight because you have BDD? And you're not trying to commit suicide by starvation it seems. Based on the numbers you provided, you certainly aren't overweight. Trying to starve yourself by reducing your caloric intake to only 400 a day is only going to cause you serious internal harm over the long run. There's no magic bullet to losing weight. You eat a sensible diet with lots of vegetables and some protein and get more physical activity in order to speed up your metabolism. Stay away from snack foods and sweets. That's really it.

What weight are you trying to get to? I understand that question may not mean much if you truly have BDD, because no matter what weight you get to, it will never be low enough to make you content.

itzzzayyyy

itzzzayyyy

Aug 15, 2023
OK. So it just sounds like you're trying to lose weight because you have BDD? And you're not trying to commit suicide by starvation it seems. Based on the numbers you provided, you certainly aren't overweight. Trying to starve yourself by reducing your caloric intake to only 400 a day is only going to cause you serious internal harm over the long run. There's no magic bullet to losing weight. You eat a sensible diet with lots of vegetables and some protein and get more physical activity in order to speed up your metabolism. Stay away from snack foods and sweets. That's really it.

What weight are you trying to get to? I understand that question may not mean much if you truly have BDD, because no matter what weight you get to, it will never be low enough to make you content.
i don't think i have BDD?? i wasn't diagnosed. i want to get to 109 or even 100 pounds if i can

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
hey again guys! i didn't expect to get so many replies on my last post. i need help with eating less. i want to eat less than 400 calories. it's the only way i'll ever lose weight. need some help
Try to find a hobby that is so addicting that you forget to eat, or at least you can break the habit of eating everyday. Just remember to at least keep taking your medication, if you have any. Eating less than 400 probably won't do it, I speak from experience. You'd likely have to fast and eat every few days until you hit the weight goal or get closer. Just don't make eating a habit if you have to do it your way, and if fasting doesn't work long term than try to be happy with the way you look and eat normally.

As others said, a balanced diet and lots of exercise is best, if you can do that. Not everybody has the same metabolism and health. Sending you lots of support.

As for your weight goals, your current weight sounds okay in terms of health. 109lbs should be alright too. Below that check if you have body image issues. Best of luck.

Last edited:
itzzzayyyy

itzzzayyyy

Aug 15, 2023
i can game a lot lol. i just need good games to play
Try to find a hobby that is so addicting that you forget to eat, or at least you can break the habit of eating everyday. Just remember to at least keep taking your medication, if you have any. Eating less than 400 probably won't do it, I speak from experience. You'd likely have to fast and eat every few days. Just don't make eating a habit if you have to do it your way.

As others said, a balanced diet and lots of exercise is best, if you can do that. Not everybody has the same metabolism and health. Sending you lots of support.

As for your weight goals, your current weight sounds okay in terms of health. 109lbs should be alright too. Best of luck.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
i can game a lot lol. i just need good games to play
Dark and Darker worked for me, but it's also depressing and sweaty. Same for Dead by Daylight. Sending you lots of support and luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: itzzzayyyy
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i don't think i have BDD?? i wasn't diagnosed. i want to get to 109 or even 100 pounds if i can
I don't know. Maybe you don't. Apparently others think you're skinny, but you don't yourself.

If you're about 120 lbs now, losing another 10 isn't that big of a deal. Just clean up your diet and get some added exercise. If you don't have the energy for exercise, it's probably because you have such a low fat reserve in you right now, and fat is energy.

sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
Eat a spoonful of peanut butter if you get too hungry & drink a lot of water. Both will make you feel more full.

• Informative
JustSomeoneOnline

JustSomeoneOnline

Barely floating along
Mar 9, 2023
I felt like this once OP but then i actually did it. i stopped eating and after the 1 week mark the hunger just vanished. At the 3 week mark i finally broke and binge ate a ton for the next week, but ever since then i haven't been able to eat properly or gain weight again even if i want to. its not a path you want to take.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Eat a spoonful of peanut butter if you get too hungry & drink a lot of water. Both will make you feel more full.
Good tips, drinking water works for me too. I'm going to pick up peanut butter next shopping and give it a try. I suspect I won't like the taste, Europeans have a different palate.

Last edited:
M

Mocon33

Dec 15, 2021
For weight loss 1200 calories would be better. For suicide, no calories at all, but it is a hard and painful way to go, not recomended.