• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
Supposing one wants to kill themselves by strangling themselves, how tight should they make it? What kind of knot would be the most effective in order to quickly being death and ensure that the string doesn't listen when unconscious? With the appropriate level of tightness (which I'd like to know more about), how long should it take to:- 1. Lose consciousness 2. Cause death (not just brain damage, death) What all is someone going to feel while conscious during strangulation? Any side/gory effects? How is the Outlook if (unfortunately) someone survives? Will a plastic bag over the head, tightened by the strangulating ligature, be of any help in hastening the death/ensuring the death? Should I strangle myself while sitting, standing it lying down?
Is one going to thrash in pain/make noises or attract attention while not conscious?
What is the chance of a successful strangulation suicide?
When should be an appropriate time/place to do this considering I cannot get out of my house?
I've tried strangling myself with a single knot before and it felt like my head is about to explode and my teeth are going to fall out because of all that blood pressure. If I carried on with strangling myself, would my teeth actually fall out?

Totally honest Help and thoughts appreciated. Provide citations if possible. Thanks.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Hennessy and Lifeisatrap
DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
Could someone reply?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Hennessy and Lifeisatrap
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
I used to think this would be viable, when I was a kid I thought I could just wrap a belt around my neck and pull tight and I would die whenever I wanted, but in reality even if you lose consciousness you will automatically breathe and stay alive. Honestly man strangulation is usually a last resort and doesn't have a very high success rate on its own, as far as I know. Would hate to see you end up with brain damage. I'm no expert but partial seems like one of the best ways all around, and it is basically a step past strangulation. People even do it in county jail because you need so little resources. You can tie together some scarfs, clothing or bed sheet, obviously rope and the list goes on, then you just need to tie some knots and hang it from something sturdy.

Reactions: Hennessy, Lifeisatrap and Sickman75
DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
I'm still a kid soooooo...
What about if I put a plastic bag over my head and then strangle myself?
I've been thinking about it

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
I'm pretty sure your self preservation instinct would take over. I tried that months ago, and after maybe 1 minute I tore the allowing myself to breathe again. If you do try strangulation with a bag over your head, make sure to secure your hands out of reach of our head

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
My tip would just to do full suspension after finding your sweet spot doing partial. I've always thought that bags were far too risky because they could be pulled off during unconsciousness.

DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
My tip would just to do full suspension after finding your sweet spot doing partial. I've always thought that bags were far too risky because they could be pulled off during unconsciousness.
What exactly do you mean by sweet spot

theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
The Sweet spot is the spot on your neck that the noose most effectively cuts off blood flow, such that you would lose consciousness quickly. Everyone's anatomy, neck fat, and neck muscle are different. So the 'sweet spot' is different for everyone.

I see you're back after a year. How's it been? What brings you back?

DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
The Sweet spot is the spot on your neck that the noose most effectively cuts off blood flow, such that you would lose consciousness quickly. Everyone's anatomy, neck fat, and neck muscle are different. So the 'sweet spot' is different for everyone.

I see you're back after a year. How's it been? What brings you back?
How do I find this sweet spot without risking a botched attempt?

Nothing much tbh, just some major life events and the whole ctb thing was sidelined in my head. Though I feel that I wont ve abe to do anything meaingful from the ctb point of view for a few more years..
Just felt like coming back today, if only for a short while

Nothing much tbh, just some major life events and the whole ctb thing was sidelined in my head. Though I feel that I wont ve abe to do anything meaingful from the ctb point of view for a few more years..

What did i miss in this year? Any new methods or insight, or any ctbs?

Last edited:
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019

What did i miss in this year? Any new methods or insight, or any ctbs?

I practiced with my rope, without securing it to anything. I basically threw it over my basement ceiling beam, putting my head in the noose, and held the other side of the rope with my hand. So if I had passed out(I didn't), I wouldn't die...you want to be careful if you're doing the standing method(I was doing partial standing). If you fall, you can crack your head. So you want to have lots of pillows around and get lower to the ground when practicing, in case you were to pass out.

Is there anything worth living for? Do you have any doubts? Please, please don't kill yourself, unless you're positive it's what's best for you. So you may not ctb(fyi cut the bus= suicide) for a few years?

Also, if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/autumnal-rtfm-resources-and-search-only-extended-information-png.34272/

Reactions: theguineapigking
J

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jul 8, 2020
when you put a bag over your head, duct tape it to your neck. you won't be able to take it off when unconscious and there wont be a chance for oxygen to get inside it

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
I used to think this would be viable, when I was a kid I thought I could just wrap a belt around my neck and pull tight and I would die whenever I wanted, but in reality even if you lose consciousness you will automatically breathe and stay alive. Honestly man strangulation is usually a last resort and doesn't have a very high success rate on its own, as far as I know. Would hate to see you end up with brain damage. I'm no expert but partial seems like one of the best ways all around, and it is basically a step past strangulation. People even do it in county jail because you need so little resources. You can tie together some scarfs, clothing or bed sheet, obviously rope and the list goes on, then you just need to tie some knots and hang it from something sturdy.
I think partial is still quite a hard setup.