R

Rashmika26

Jun 22, 2024
I need help locating my carotid arteries because i've figured out thay the reason i'm not hanging successfully is because i've not been compressing them successfully, i'm going to do a partially suspended hanging (hopefully tonight) can someone help me find the fuckers

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Marshy63, AlouA, Justnotme2 and 1 other person
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Fuckers is the right description! They're just to the sides of your windpipe, set far back in your neck. Everyone's biology is different but if you make a C or U shape with your thumb and forefinger over your voicebox and slowly push into your neck, you should feel your carotid pulse with your forefinger. Be patient and calm and be prepared to keep adjusting the position. You might need to lie down or sit up. Once you've found one, keep your finger in place and put the finger of your other hand right opposite to locate the other.

Hope that helps

• Love
Reactions: SNastablesalt, rozeske and Justnotme2
R

Rashmika26

Jun 22, 2024
Once i've found them how exactly do i put it into practice? do i get into position with the rope and everything to hang, press down on my cartoids and then pass out, and suffocate and die while unconscious? Or is the ligature meant to compress them because it just closes in on my whole neck evenly and i cant pass out? Thanks!

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
If you're doing partial suspension, you'll pass out if the rope presses on the carotids, which is why you need to know where they are so you can position it above them without compressing the windpipe.

If you get a sort of fade to black sensation, you've got the carotids.

If you feel your head swelling, you've hit the jugulars. You'll still die but it's a grim way to go. Stop and try again.

This is the most common reason why partial fails. The jugulars, disposing of deoxygenated blood from the brain, are easy to access. The carotids are hidden deep as they carry fresh oxygen *to* the brain. That's why they're so important in life as well as death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshy63 and rozeske
J

Justnotme2

Jun 25, 2024
In fact, are the arteries located deeper than the trachea? It turns out that you need an object-a rope that will look like a human hand, because it is moderately soft and moderately light? During the grip, the arm bends around the neck so that the muscles are bent and enter the neck..

And since there is no such rope, you will have to find something to put on the arteries...

I hate how difficult it is.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
In fact, are the arteries located deeper than the trachea? It turns out that you need an object-a rope that will look like a human hand, because it is moderately soft and moderately light? During the grip, the arm bends around the neck so that the muscles are bent and enter the neck..

And since there is no such rope, you will have to find something to put on the arteries...

I hate how difficult it is.
Yes, they are located deep in the neck as I said above but no, if you're going for partial hanging, you don't need anything extra to press on them. You're thinking of the "night night" method. It's about getting the rope in the right position. It can be done but, as I said, it's tricky. I hit them successfully in a trial with the rope looped but not anchored, again when I was interrupted, and a third time when my knot failed. Each would have killed me and it was painless to the point of unconsciousness. Hitting the jugulars, however, is horrendous and enough to make me stop each time. If you put something on the rope, it will move as the noose tightens, rendering the object redundant and possibly getting the way, allowing enough oxygen to get to your brain, keeping you alive and maybe in small enough amounts to cause permanent brain damage. Genuinely do not recommend. If you want to press on the carotids with the body and all accessories staying still, check out the Night Night method megathread, as I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: kerakott and rozeske
ASM91

ASM91

READY
Jan 21, 2024
If you're doing partial suspension, you'll pass out if the rope presses on the carotids, which is why you need to know where they are so you can position it above them without compressing the windpipe.

If you get a sort of fade to black sensation, you've got the carotids.

If you feel your head swelling, you've hit the jugulars. You'll still die but it's a grim way to go. Stop and try again.

This is the most common reason why partial fails. The jugulars, disposing of deoxygenated blood from the brain, are easy to access. The carotids are hidden deep as they carry fresh oxygen *to* the brain. That's why they're so important in life as well as death.
Thank you for this; I kept feeling like I was doing it wrong, but couldn't work out what seeing as it was having some effect. So, I'm just getting the jugulars when switching from my hand to cornbags and the ratchet strap... How do I avoid these and get the carotids instead?!

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Thank you for this; I kept feeling like I was doing it wrong, but couldn't work out what seeing as it was having some effect. So, I'm just getting the jugulars when switching from my hand to cornbags and the ratchet strap... How do I avoid these and get the carotids instead?!
Jugulars are at the side of your neck towards the ears. Carotids are in the centre on either side of the windpipe. Maybe use a pen. X marks the spot and all that?