DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
Anyone know any movies on the topic of depression or suicide? I've been kinda fixated on it, it's all I can think about ngl. I watched The Virgin Suicides and Girl, Interrupted a few months back, and they're strangely comforting. If anyone has some recs I'd appreciate it.

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Serial Experiments Lain has themes of suicide and a whole lot of other things. You may enjoy it

• Love
Reactions: rosa.rosa, strawb12 and DeadlineDialer
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Sep 20, 2023
Serial Experiments Lain has themes of suicide and a whole lot of other things. You may enjoy it
Ah yes, I've watched Lain. I'm a bit of an animehead so I've seen Evangelion, read Berserk, the likes, good rec for anyone who hasn't seen it already tho

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Watch Taxi Driver. It is the depression movie. The Lighthouse is also pretty good, though it doesn't explicitly focus around depression or suicide.

• Love
Reactions: DeadlineDialer
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Sep 20, 2023
Watch Taxi Driver. It is the depression movie. The Lighthouse is also pretty good, though it doesn't explicitly focus around depression or suicide.
I've watched both of those, fantastic recs. The Lighthouse is one of my favorite A24 films.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I've watched both of those, fantastic recs. The Lighthouse is one of my favorite A24 films.
Damn! Well, I would also recommend The Thing (1982 version). Again, not related to depression or suicide per se but it does have that theme of nihilism, futility and despair present throughout much of the movie. It's one of my favorite horror flicks.

• Love
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Sep 20, 2023
Damn! Well, I would also recommend The Thing (1982 version). Again, not related to depression or suicide per se but it does have that theme of nihilism, futility and despair present throughout much of the movie. It's one of my favorite horror flicks.
I absolutely adore John Carpenters stuff, 80s sci-fi horror and slashers are so nostalgic to me cause I used to binge them all the time when I was younger.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Wristcutters: A love story

• Love
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Dead Poet's Society?

• Love
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Sep 20, 2023
Dead Poet's Society?
Actually watched that in class back in high school and the teacher had to go on a spiel about how bad suicide was in front of everyone afterwards lmao. Might rewatch it again though, good rec.