P

Pandas0812

Sep 9, 2023
Backstory: I've been suffering with depression since I was about 14. When I turned 18 I joined the army to hopefully give me some purpose in life. When I got to my unit at the age of 19 I talked to a girl on tinder but it didn't go anywhere so we ended up not talking after a few days. When I was 21 years old an investigation came onto me because turns out she was actually 16 when I was 19 and we were talking. When I found out about all this I realized my life was over so I attempted to CTB but my chain of command kept a close eye on me and stopped me. Since then I was separated from the army due to my constant depression and suicidal ideations, my fiancé left me, spent 25,000$ on a lawyer and been trying to just stay alive for a year now. I'd rather kill myself than end up in prison for a genuine mistake I made when I was 19 (the state I'm in is unforgiving with the law).

my mother told me if I'm going to CTB then I should do it already and quit crying about it. No friends, girl left me, working a unfulfilling job and always waiting to get answers from my lawyer so I can finally decide what to do.

What would you guys do…

• Hugs
Reactions: cardboard_house
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The minimum age requirement for Tinder is 18 years old

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Sorry you've been through this, and especially the way your mum talked to you in such a cruel manner.

Reactions: Pandas0812
P

Pandas0812

Sep 9, 2023
The minimum age requirement for Tinder is 18 years old
We've said that time and time again but because we text through sms and not on the app it was "outside the apps ruling"

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If she gave no hint to her age and lied to you, I don't see how it's your fault. I guess it depends on how you were communicating though. Could it look like you were putting pressure on her to do things she didn't want to do? That's the only thing I could think could be reason to prosecute. I'm sorry though. I really think there ought to be punishment for minors who deceive adults like that. If it's an honest mistake, it isn't fair to put the blame on the adult or, the site the minor used. They were the ones who lied to use it.

Reactions: Darkover
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i've seen a bunch of videos about predators. if you haven't tried to actually meet up, i'd say that you are in the clear. it was just an investigation. right? did they charge you with anything? 25k on a lawyer? not sure you are telling the whole story.

P

Pandas0812

Sep 9, 2023
i've seen a bunch of videos about predators. if you haven't tried to actually meet up, i'd say that you are in the clear. it was just an investigation. right? did they charge you with anything? 25k on a lawyer? not sure you are telling the whole story.
I'm glad to hear that from you because my lawyer also said that the main thing is that we never hung out or anything which is good. Yeah they charged me with 2 way communication device to facilitate a felony (3rd degree felony because we were texting), no we never met up, figured I'd spend good money on a lawyer - better safe than sorry. I'm trying to do what ever I can to not have a felony on my record.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
if what you say is true, then you've spent too much. there is no way they can prove the other party was underage and that's what attracted you. did you guys text each other about age? even jokingly? either way, you didn't try to meet so i wouldn't worry about it.

P

Pandas0812

Sep 9, 2023
if what you say is true, then you've spent too much. there is no way they can prove the other party was underage and that's what attracted you. did you guys text each other about age? even jokingly? either way, you didn't try to meet so i wouldn't worry about it.
No we didn't and I just got the lawyer that my legal office on base recommended, I thought that was normal price. But I'm still wanting to CTB, I'm just over it all.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

Jul 23, 2023
if you are innocent, i wish you the best. not sure why you want to ctb but i don't know why so many people in college want to either after spending all that money.

Uhh

Uhh

Oct 12, 2023
Backstory: I've been suffering with depression since I was about 14. When I turned 18 I joined the army to hopefully give me some purpose in life. When I got to my unit at the age of 19 I talked to a girl on tinder but it didn't go anywhere so we ended up not talking after a few days. When I was 21 years old an investigation came onto me because turns out she was actually 16 when I was 19 and we were talking. When I found out about all this I realized my life was over so I attempted to CTB but my chain of command kept a close eye on me and stopped me. Since then I was separated from the army due to my constant depression and suicidal ideations, my fiancé left me, spent 25,000$ on a lawyer and been trying to just stay alive for a year now. I'd rather kill myself than end up in prison for a genuine mistake I made when I was 19 (the state I'm in is unforgiving with the law).

my mother told me if I'm going to CTB then I should do it already and quit crying about it. No friends, girl left me, working a unfulfilling job and always waiting to get answers from my lawyer so I can finally decide what to do.

What would you guys do…
U did nothing wrong... Just a 3yr age gap.... Look at Romeo and Juliet law...