• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ihatepain

ihatepain

I never wanted to be born.
Mar 24, 2019
If I buy helium at a party shop, will it be pure helium or mixed with oxygen? I read that some helium gas tanks contain helium mixed with oxygen thus making it unsuitable for suicide? How do I know that I am buying pure helium? Is there any way to check?

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
It's most likely mixed with oxygen. Nitrogen would be a better choice.

Reactions: ihatepain, crea_the_hopeless and DeepMind
TheRiverStyz

TheRiverStyz

Yes, that’s a typo.
Jan 16, 2019
Just building on this, if helium has been mixed with oxygen does it make suicide impossible or will it just take longer (if you're using an exit bag)? This is my backup-backup plan and I can't get my hands on neither pure helium nor nitrogen. ‍♀️

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Unless the company guarantees the He as pure, assume it has been adulterated with air, making it unsuitable for ctb. This adulteration is done both to minimize the company's liability in case their product is used for a suicide and because it increases company profits to only use as much He as it takes to lift a party balloon. Either way, using this consumer-grade He will not cause death; the air mixed with it makes asphyxiation, sort or long term, impossible.

He, N2, or Ar (argon) obtained from an industrial supplier (welding, scientific supplies, brewery supplies), and sold with the guarantee 99.9% pure, is the only reliable gas to use for ctb.

Have a look at the Inert Gas megathread. There's more information there.

Reactions: omoidarui, Superfluous, ihatepain and 2 others
TheRiverStyz

TheRiverStyz

Yes, that’s a typo.
Jan 16, 2019
Unless the company guarantees the He as pure, assume it has been adulterated with air, making it unsuitable for ctb. This adulteration is done both to minimize the company's liability in case their product is used for a suicide and because it increases company profits to only use as much He as it takes to lift a party balloon. Either way, using this consumer-grade He will not cause death; the air mixed with it makes asphyxiation, sort or long term, impossible.

He, N2, or Ar (argon) obtained from an industrial supplier (welding, scientific supplies, brewery supplies), and sold with the guarantee 99.9% pure, is the only reliable gas to use for ctb.

I tried looking there first but there's just so many responses, it was hard finding the exact thing I wanted to know. Thanks, though.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I tried looking there first but there's just so many responses, it was hard finding the exact thing I wanted to know. Thanks, though.
I'm afraid the short reply to your question is no, adulterated He won't work at all. You might pass out, but there'll be enough air in it to keep you alive --perhaps with brain damage?-- until the gas runs out, the CO2 builds up in the bag, your hypercapnic response trips, and you tear the bag away while you're un- or semi-conscious.

Reactions: Superfluous, ihatepain, DeepMind and 1 other person
DeepMind

DeepMind

Mar 26, 2019
An alternative is nitrogen or argon (argon is heavier than air, so you need a closed space like a bathtub). But you always have to pay attention if its a mixture of something. As soon things like CO2 or oxygen (for Helium) are added, forget about it. It will only cause problems.

Reactions: ihatepain
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Just building on this, if helium has been mixed with oxygen does it make suicide impossible or will it just take longer (if you're using an exit bag)?
Yes, it will make suicide impossible (assuming that oxygen concentration in this mix is the same as in air - near 21%). This mix is used for breathing by divers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliox).

Reactions: ihatepain and TheRiverStyz
ihatepain

ihatepain

Mar 24, 2019
It's most likely mixed with oxygen. Nitrogen would be a better choice.
Yes. Do you think nitrogen that is sold is always pure nitrogen?

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Do you think nitrogen that is sold is always pure nitrogen?
If it is sold for welding, it has to be: the entire purpose of it is to shield the welding from air, so it can't be adulterated. As for the brewery supply N2, I don't know. I've heard rumors it is sometimes adulterated, but I haven't researched it.

Reactions: ihatepain, DeepMind and Superfluous
DeepMind

DeepMind

Mar 26, 2019
If it is sold for welding, it has to be: the entire purpose of it is to shield the welding from air, so it can't be adulterated. As for the brewery supply N2, I don't know. I've heard rumors it is sometimes adulterated, but I haven't researched it.

True, but I think one has to be careful about argon because sometimes they mix CO2 to it.

ihatepain

ihatepain

Mar 24, 2019
I see. It would be impossible for me to buy nitrogen because I don't have my own car and carrying the tank to an isolated location would look too suspicious. I have to go with another method.
:(

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I know balloon time helium tanks are mixed with some oxygen. As far as finding one that is pure just ask or email them.

Reactions: ihatepain
M

Maxim

May 29, 2019
Regards, I have a question : how many litres of Nitrogen is enough for nitrogen hood method ? And how many Helium , if it is pure, is enough ?
Is there a helium hood - nitrogen hood method guide on the web ? Thank you.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Regards, I have a question : how many litres of Nitrogen is enough for nitrogen hood method ? And how many Helium , if it is pure, is enough ?
Is there a helium hood - nitrogen hood method guide on the web ? Thank you.
You need a minimum of 600 liters of either gas --40 minutes at 14 LPM flow-- and either gas must be pure.

Have a look at the exit bag and inert gas megathread.

M

Maxim

May 29, 2019
You need a minimum of 600 liters of either gas --40 minutes at 14 LPM flow-- and either gas must be pure.

Have a look at the exit bag and inert gas megathread.
Thank you. I have read the final exit, I didnt remember that it need so much. It is than a few cilynders of gas. This makes this method complicated.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Thank you. I have read the final exit, I didnt remember that it need so much. It is than a few cilynders of gas. This makes this method complicated.
No, it is a single cylinder of gas. If you're in the US, a 40cf cylinder is adequate.

This thread has considerable discussion of cylinder sizes: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/

Reactions: Maxim
M

Maxim

May 29, 2019
No, it is a single cylinder of gas. If you're in the US, a 40cf cylinder is adequate.

This thread has considerable discussion of cylinder sizes: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/
Thank you, unfortunately I am in europe, in a poor country.