Virsus

Virsus

Sep 7, 2024
I'm a thin, tall 20 year old guy. Accustomed to heavy physical activity, all his life he moved with his feet over long distances.
I live in Russia and I have the opportunity to get to Yakutia by train in 5 days; in winter the temperature there can drop to -30/-45.
For two days before arriving, I plan to eat nothing but water. Also don't sleep for two days.
The energy should be as low as possible, but still enough to go into the forest.
On the train, before disembarking, I will train my muscles so that they do not have the energy to warm the body, except for the legs, they must have enough strength to walk through the snow in the forest.
Then leave at the siding at about 6 o'clock in the morning, dawn comes at about 8-9 o'clock.
Then I will try to go as far into the forest as possible, ideally 7-8 km, maybe more.
When I start to feel like I'm freezing, I'll gradually drink a bottle of alcohol, and eventually, finally tired, I'll sit by a tree and try to fall asleep.

Question:
  • What is the likelihood that I will be discovered before my death?
  • Can the police track me by phone if I turn it off 6 hours before landing? I'm not going to tell anyone that I left, my relatives will probably file a search.
  • How soon can I be discovered after death?
  • What should I do with footprints left in the snow?
If there are any adjustments to the method, I will be very grateful. I will not choose any other method.
Thank you for reading, I am writing through a translator, I hope it was not too difficult for you. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Preh1storic_Rib, SufferingNSilence, Aprilfarewell4 and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think, your questions are difficult to be answered bc there are several unknown factors but I would say hypothermia is pretty much possible at such low temps.

If you switch off your phone and remove your SIM you cannot be tracked. There's also nothing you can do about foot prints in the snow and you'll be probably the only one who walked straight into a forest.

Here's a guide that includes hypothermia:

Last edited:
Reactions: Preh1storic_Rib, SufferingNSilence and Virsus
Virsus

Virsus

Sep 7, 2024
I think, your questions are difficult to be answered bc there are several unknown factors but I would say hypothermia is pretty much possible at such low temps.

If you switch off your phone and remove your SIM you cannot be tracked. There's also nothing you can do about foot prints in the snow and you'll me probably the only one who walked straight into a forest.

Here's a guide that includes hypothermia:

Thanks for the answer. I must have studied most of the posts on this topic (and this one too). I try to take this issue very seriously.

Reactions: Preh1storic_Rib and Praestat_Mori
S

SufferingNSilence

Sep 14, 2024
Ditto on taking the sim card out of your phone as I was just thinking to type the same(ironically Im watching a crime series show where they do that often!). Also, as far as footprints, this may sound silly...but YOU KNOW UR PLAN IN UR HEAD BEST...so on that note, would 'walking backwards in the snow' make any sense to throw off the trail...hmm

K

Kali_Yuga13

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
I only know of Yakutia from paranormal stories on 4chan. Sounds like one of the most remote places on earth. Who will search there? Is it just small villages and tribal nomads? 20 is young to go. Sorry you're feeling this way...

Virsus

Virsus

Sep 7, 2024
Ditto on taking the sim card out of your phone as I was just thinking to type the same(ironically Im watching a crime series show where they do that often!). Also, as far as footprints, this may sound silly...but YOU KNOW UR PLAN IN UR HEAD BEST...so on that note, would 'walking backwards in the snow' make any sense to throw off the trail...hmm
Thanks for the answer. I thought about it, but I'm afraid the depth of the snow won't allow me to go too far, I'll get tired and in the end I won't go as deep into the forest as I would like. But in any case, you can try.

Reactions: SufferingNSilence