• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
I keep stsndinbon the edge of the chair I have with full suspension set up but I keep not stepping off. I tried poisoning myself with yew seeds in the past and I successfully ate them, the poison just didn't work.

All I know is that I can do poison successfully and full suspension isn't as easy for me. What are good poison options?

I have SN but I've never really trusted that it would work. And if it doesn't I wake up a blueberry and that is freaky. Don't trust some sketchy Mexican guy to get me N either.

I have like 50 cherry seeds I've been saving because I heard they contain cyanide, but I also doubt they will work, plus you need hundreds more if you were even going to seriously try

What are the other options. Please, somebody

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
SN is your best option since you already have it! If you turn fully blue you will NOT wake up, just check the megathread for reports or type "SN" and "Nitrite" in the search box... people have NOT come back.

Reactions: Coolchicka, throwaway_2620, puppy9 and 1 other person
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
and I don't think you'll be perma blue
your body is going to oxidize/ decomposed
back when I took SN ( under dose), my lips and nails turned blue and my face was drained of color

Reactions: littlelady774
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Please have a look at the thread called "list of resources" near the top of this forum. It's got miles of information in it about various methods. You can find something that suits you and read about how to use it effectively. Take your time, research well, and make the decisions that are right for you.

Reactions: Jen0804, Superfluous, Ruffian and 5 others
B

barny

Jun 17, 2019
I dont think that is a great method. cherry seeds? not heard of that. theres a recent post on plant sources, look at that. poison more likely to make you vomit and I would have thought generally more slow and painful. ?

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
and I don't think you'll be perma blue
your body is going to oxidize/ decomposed
back when I took SN ( under dose), my lips and nails turned blue and my face was drained of color
did it go away?

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Non-fatal poisoning symptoms go away after a day or two.

Reactions: memento_mori, throwaway_2620 and puppy9
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
I've been through the resources megathread a lot and I don't see good poisons

Concerning SN how long after failing will the blue go away? I can't get caught

And I can't get antiemetics so I have to take SN alone

Plus I've never really heard of anyone who died by SN. Nietchke talks all about but I never hear any confirmed deaths by SN. Googling SN death comes up with no success stories. That's why I don't trust it

Reactions: Roger
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
You *need* antiemetics. Don't think of attempting without them. And no confirmed death by sodium nitrite? You have to be kidding me, i don't know how Google works in your area but there are documented deaths starting from the 1930s.

If you look up medical journals there are many cases of reported deaths by SN poisoning and also survivors (of both accidents and intentional consumption).

Reactions: overandout, Soul, Thorn and 2 others
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
Well I can't get antiemetics, and I'm not gonna buy then from some sketchy guy on eBay from greece

What other poison options are there

• Hugs
Reactions: Jen0804
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
some sketchy guy on eBay from greece

Nothing sketchy about that tbh. You will find that all poisoning methods, including N, require use of antiemetics.

Of course, there is always the easy alternative to carry on living!

Reactions: Soul and Thorn
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
at the very least go to your gp/ pharmacist and tell them you have an upcoming boat party but you get really queasy etc, they will give you some kind of antiemetic, probably not the ones we are after but better than nothing

Reactions: puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
at the very least go to your gp/ pharmacist and tell them you have an upcoming boat party but you get really queasy etc, they will give you some kind of antiemetic, probably not the ones we are after but better than nothing
or a deep sea fishing job. Sea can be violent.

Reactions: memento_mori
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I tried poisoning myself with yew seeds in the past and I successfully ate them, the poison just didn't work.

All I know is that I can do poison successfully and full suspension isn't as easy for me. What are good poison options?

I have like 50 cherry seeds I've been saving because I heard they contain cyanide, but I also doubt they will work, plus you need hundreds more if you were even going to seriously try

You won't ever have enough cherry seeds and you need the cherry juice enzyme to activate the poison. Apple seeds have way more but you still need a lot of apples to get there plus fasting.

Cherry seeds

Apple seeds

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Plus I've never really heard of anyone who died by SN. Nietchke talks all about but I never hear any confirmed deaths by SN. Googling SN death comes up with no success stories. That's why I don't trust it

It took me only seconds to find a bunch of suicides by SN. Here's the top hit on Google: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21040485
Before finding this forum I'd never heard of death by SN either though the media absolutely refuses to report what somebody poisoned themselves with as they don't want to give any ideas to other suicidal folks.
Well I can't get antiemetics, and I'm not gonna buy then from some sketchy guy on eBay from greece

What other poison options are there
Tylenol is the world's leading suicide drug. Wildly popular, though nobody thinks it's pleasant to die slowly from liver failure. Choices are very limited if one insists on avoiding sketchy guys.

There is death by amitriptyline, which also requires and antiemetic. Though one could get amitriptyline from their doctor either by asking for it as treatment for insomnia or by asking for it as an antidepressant. It's rarely used an an AD today, though an argument can be made for it if one claims that SSRI/SNRIs haven't worked. MDs aren't likely to be suspicious since TCAs are rarely used for suicide today.

Last edited:
Reactions: overandout and Soul
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
That picked paper is about an old man who didn't intentionally commit suicide with SN. Second sentence in the paper says there are no known cases of intentional suicide with SN. This paper is just as informative as if it reported death by accidental consumption of too many carrots or death by hot sauce or death by any other way that is theoretically possible

As far as ODing on SSRIs, may as well just take them and treat depression. Not gonna do that. The goal is to die not to get better

And nobody dies from Tylenol anymore because the active ingredient is in such low quantities because of all the suicide attempts.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
That picked paper is about an old man who didn't intentionally commit suicide with SN. Second sentence in the paper says there are no known cases of intentional suicide with SN. This paper is just as informative as if it reported death by accidental consumption of too many carrots or death by hot sauce or death by any other way that is theoretically possible

Grrr. Do i really do have to do research for you. I'm going to need a smoke now... Click it.

I will also refer you to the SN megathread here where a few accounts have been posted, search through it yourself. Also this member here who left us using SN: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/it-goes-down-today-sn-method.16941/post-321037

Also google "Shawn Shatto death", the woman whose family caused an uproar targeted on this place after she commited suicide using SN, the method that she found here.

As far as ODing on SSRIs, may as well just take them and treat depression. Not gonna do that. The goal is to die not to get better

This just further shows your ignorance. Ami belongs to the TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) class, it is not a SSRI. You can't really overdose on a SSRI.

And nobody dies from Tylenol anymore because the active ingredient is in such low quantities because of all the suicide attempts.

They do, but dying from paracetamol overdose sucks balls so don't do it.

Reactions: Jen0804, memento_mori, overandout and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@Dreamcollege, let me run this by you again:

Please have a look at the thread called "list of resources" near the top of this forum. It's got miles of information in it about various methods. You can find something that suits you and read about how to use it effectively. Take your time, research well, and make the decisions that are right for you.

You keep contradicting all the true information people are giving you, so please do your own research. Choose a method that suits you. Find out how to make sure it works. And then decide what you want to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: kuddelmuddel23, Jen0804, Superfluous and 3 others
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
How did Shawn Shatto die? It says she uses over the counter medications, none that were prescription

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
You appear to have no clue on how the media works. The name of the chemical she used was intentionally omitted to prevent what's known as "copycat suicides". Some years ago a Romanian singer commited suicide with a particular brand of pesticide. The substance was revealed (because our media was fucking stupid back then) and suddenly EVERYONE was looking for it.

Shawn didn't need a prescription because she got all the supplies required on ebay. Her "goodbye thread" has been deleted as per this community's rules, and because it caused such a media uproar.

From one news report:
"Shawn was lying on the floor.
She was blue. "

Does being blue tell you anything? Anyway... if you're sure it doesn't work, have a swig of it, see how it goes. :))

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul, memento_mori and Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
How did Shawn Shatto die? It says she uses over the counter medications, none that were prescription
The reports on her death omitted the actual substance, which will no doubt become impossible to get soon. As is stated earlier in this thread, there are a lot of resources for poisons on this site. If none of these whet your appetite Dr. Google can give you tons of other websites that detail poisonous plants. Plus there are books on medicinal herbs available on both eBay and Amazon that will be sure to detail how much will be fatal. Hell, it's summer in the Northern Hemisphere - if you're in this half of the world you could literally go to the nearest park and bump into at least 5 poisonous plants I can think of off the top of my head. You could wake me from a drunken stupor and I could find you 2 in the middle of the night. Death by poison is easy to find, but IT SUCKS. And if you change your mind you're really in for some fun because it takes a couple days to die and there's no antidote for most of them. There's even some people who try to get high on poisonous plants, and the DEA doesn't even make them illegal because the experience is so unpleasant no one does it again, nor are there raves or concerts where people get together to consume them and party.

Last edited:
Reactions: overandout, ProhibereDolor, DyslexicForeigner and 2 others
ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
I dont think that is a great method. cherry seeds? not heard of that. theres a recent post on plant sources, look at that. poison more likely to make you vomit and I would have thought generally more slow and painful. ?
Cherry seeds along with apricots, peaches, plums and other "stone fruits" contain amygdalin(C20H27NO11) which is changed into hydrogen cyanide inside your body. A Lot of alternative "health" people will tell you that Laetrile, which they also call vitamin B17(there is NO vitamin B17!!!), which is a fancy name for amygdalin, is a cure for cancer. I call shenanigans.....

To the poster asking the question: don't go with a poison. You are going to be in a lot of pain. Pretty much any poison is going to hurt. REALLY hurt. Look into some other method.

Best wishes
The reports on her death omitted the actual substance, which will no doubt become impossible to get soon. As is stated earlier in this thread, there are a lot of resources for poisons on this site. If none of these whet your appetite Dr. Google can give you tons of other websites that detail poisonous plants. Plus there are books on medicinal herbs available on both eBay and Amazon that will be sure to detail how much will be fatal. Hell, it's summer in the Northern Hemisphere - if you're in this half of the world you could literally go to the nearest park and bump into at least 5 poisonous plants I can think of off the top of my head. You could wake me from a drunken stupor and I could find you 2 in the middle of the night. Death by poison is easy to find, but IT SUCKS. And if you change your mind you're really in for some fun because it takes a couple days to die and there's no antidote for most of them. There's even some people who try to get high on poisonous plants, and the DEA doesn't even make them illegal because the experience is so unpleasant no one does it again, nor are there raves or concerts where people get together to consume them and party.
Datura is an example of one that people try to get high on but usually end up pushing daisies. But I understand the lead up to pushing said flowers is insane. Like mind melting. But not fun in any sense of the word. And Datura poisoning is hellish.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jen0804, Soul and Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
Cherry seeds along with apricots, peaches, plums and other "stone fruits" contain amygdalin(C20H27NO11) which is changed into hydrogen cyanide inside your body. A Lot of alternative "health" people will tell you that Laetrile, which they also call vitamin B17(there is NO vitamin B17!!!), which is a fancy name for amygdalin, is a cure for cancer. I call shenanigans.....

To the poster asking the question: don't go with a poison. You are going to be in a lot of pain. Pretty much any poison is going to hurt. REALLY hurt. Look into some other method.

Best wishes

Datura is an example of one that people try to get high on but usually end up pushing daisies. But I understand the lead up to pushing said flowers is insane. Like mind melting. But not fun in any sense of the word. And Datura poisoning is hellish.
That and the relative Belladonna (or deadly nightshade) are the two I could find in my sleep. My grandmother grew berries all along the side of her house, and she had this huge, untamed garden in the back. I can remember being like 5 and her showing me different wild plants with berries in the garden and a stern warning not to eat them or I would die. When I found out people actually try to get high on Datura or Belladonna I couldn't believe it. People survive, and you can read trip reports of both on Erowid, I can't imagine going through that at a level that is lethal. I used to love magic mushrooms, but they're hallucinogens. Belladonna and Datona are dissociative and really fuck people up for days. Small amounts of belladonna are used for medical purposes, some of the alkaloids are useful for surgeries and for eye examinations. And I think atropine comes from datura, but I'm not totally positive. I forget which one, but the pharmaceutical companies add an alkaloid it to a diarrhea medicine that's an opioid derivative to keep people from abusing it. I used to work in a Health Food collective and they had every herb/plant under the sun. This girl I worked with was way into herbal medicine. I swear she could communicate spiritually with the plants.

Reactions: Lost1234, ProhibereDolor and Soul
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Belladonna and Datura are dissociative and really fuck people up for days. Small amounts of belladonna are used for medical purposes, some of the alkaloids are useful for surgeries and for eye examinations. And I think atropine comes from datura, but I'm not totally positive. I forget which one, but the pharmaceutical companies add an alkaloid it to a diarrhea medicine that's an opioid derivative to keep people from abusing it. I used to work in a Health Food collective and they had every herb/plant under the sun. This girl I worked with was way into herbal medicine. I swear she could communicate spiritually with the plants.

Nope, they're not dissociatives - they're worse. They're deliriants. You'll be having hallucinations but it's not like mushrooms or LSD where you know you are hallucinating - you could swear that everything you are seeing is real. And yes, atropine does come from either one of them, they contain the same active substance.

I think the diarrhea medicine you're talking about is Loperamide (Imodium).

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
I think the diarrhea medicine you're talking about is Loperamide (Imodium).

I thought Kaolin Morph. B.P.
It used to be a pretty common anti-diarrhoea medicine. Funny stuff.

Atropine, derived from the belladonna plant, is an antidote to nerve gas poisoning, and military personnel are trained in its use. British Army issues it to individuals in "Autojects" which are spring loaded hypodermics, to be injected into the thigh through several layers of clothing.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I thought Kaolin Morph. B.P.
It used to be a pretty common anti-diarrhoea medicine. Funny stuff.

Hmm, now that I google it, yes, that's a lot more likely. Loperamide is also an opiate but a very weak one.

Reactions: ProhibereDolor
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
I was prescribed Kaolin Morph quite frequently, way back. I don't know if it is used much nowadays. The morphine component is very, very low.

ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
That and the relative Belladonna (or deadly nightshade) are the two I could find in my sleep. My grandmother grew berries all along the side of her house, and she had this huge, untamed garden in the back. I can remember being like 5 and her showing me different wild plants with berries in the garden and a stern warning not to eat them or I would die. When I found out people actually try to get high on Datura or Belladonna I couldn't believe it. People survive, and you can read trip reports of both on Erowid, I can't imagine going through that at a level that is lethal. I used to love magic mushrooms, but they're hallucinogens. Belladonna and Datona are dissociative and really fuck people up for days. Small amounts of belladonna are used for medical purposes, some of the alkaloids are useful for surgeries and for eye examinations. And I think atropine comes from datura, but I'm not totally positive. I forget which one, but the pharmaceutical companies add an alkaloid it to a diarrhea medicine that's an opioid derivative to keep people from abusing it. I used to work in a Health Food collective and they had every herb/plant under the sun. This girl I worked with was way into herbal medicine. I swear she could communicate spiritually with the plants.
You are correct about atropine. It is actually the main active agent in Datura Stramonium, which here in the desert we call jimson weed. One of the other agents that is active to a different degree is scopolamine, which is used for motion sickness etc. Funny thing is, atropine is actually what is used in a chemical attack. Go figure. And yes, while people have survived the trip in order to tell the tale, they are extremely lucky. Because unless you are able to separate the atropine and scopolamine into almost pure components and then measure how much you are taking you are really playing Russian roulette. There is no way to tell how much of each agent you are ingesting if you use the plant directly. But that doesn't really need to be said but meh, I'm leaving it. You would have to have some chemistry under your belt and some nice shiny lab-grade equipment and a mass spec wouldn't hurt either. That just goes to show just how nasty that crap is if you have to have thousands and thousands(maybe tens of thousands)of dollars in lab equipment just to be sure of the amount you are getting. Datura grows like crazy out here in the southwest. But I have yet to meet any person daring enough to eat some or brew a tea. Eff that.
Hmm, now that I google it, yes, that's a lot more likely. Loperamide is also an opiate but a very weak one.
Opioid, not opiate. There is actually a distinction between the two. And loperamide is actually pretty strong. It lasts a long time as well. The issue with loperamide is that it actually does cross the blood-brain-barrier despite what a lot of people say. But it is kicked immediately back out by p-glycoprotein. Cimetidine, also known as tagamet, is a cytochrome P-450 inhibitor and a substrate for CYP3A4 isoenzyme. This prevents p-gcp from booting out the loperamide. But before anyone tries this, let me warn you that the chance of heart related issues skyrockets if used this way. So you are warned. Please, be safe. When the loperamide was coated at the nano level with polysorbate 80 it got right through without being noticed and the result was an effective analgesic.

Best wishes

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
You are correct about atropine. It is actually the main active agent in Datura Stramonium, which here in the desert we call jimson weed. One of the other agents that is active to a different degree is scopolamine, which is used for motion sickness etc. Funny thing is, atropine is actually what is used in a chemical attack. Go figure. And yes, while people have survived the trip in order to tell the tale, they are extremely lucky. Because unless you are able to separate the atropine and scopolamine into almost pure components and then measure how much you are taking you are really playing Russian roulette. There is no way to tell how much of each agent you are ingesting if you use the plant directly. But that doesn't really need to be said but meh, I'm leaving it. You would have to have some chemistry under your belt and some nice shiny lab-grade equipment and a mass spec wouldn't hurt either. That just goes to show just how nasty that crap is if you have to have thousands and thousands(maybe tens of thousands)of dollars in lab equipment just to be sure of the amount you are getting. Datura grows like crazy out here in the southwest. But I have yet to meet any person daring enough to eat some or brew a tea. Eff that.

Opioid, not opiate. There is actually a distinction between the two. And loperamide is actually pretty strong. It lasts a long time as well. The issue with loperamide is that it actually does cross the blood-brain-barrier despite what a lot of people say. But it is kicked immediately back out by p-glycoprotein. Cimetidine, also known as tagamet, is a cytochrome P-450 inhibitor and a substrate for CYP3A4 isoenzyme. This prevents p-gcp from booting out the loperamide. But before anyone tries this, let me warn you that the chance of heart related issues skyrockets if used this way. So you are warned. Please, be safe. When the loperamide was coated at the nano level with polysorbate 80 it got right through without being noticed and the result was an effective analgesic.

Best wishes
Yeah, I confuse opiate and opioid all the time. The medicine I was referring to is Lomotil, and believe me, it works. And you are correct sir, it is an opioid - it was made in a lab. I had an intestinal flu last year and it was the only thing that worked. And yeah, you are right about getting high on loperamide. IMHO, no self-respecting drug user would get high on that shit. Not that drugs in general are good for you, but there are documented and anecdotal cases of people suffering from cardiac issues. Young people. Then they end up in the hospital, tell the doctors what they OD'd on, and soon enough, you're going to need a prescription or it will be behind the pharmacy counter. Plus the reports are the high is not that great. It pisses me off because I also have had IBS since the 90s and sometimes it's the only thing that works. And when I need it I don't want any extra hassle buying it. Even my doctor approves of it. OTC highs and overdoses are something I can't comprehend. I was raised in the fine tradition of consuming only Schedule 1 or 2 substances for fun (and later for OD purposes that I seem to be immune to no matter how long of a tolerance break I take.) Don't even get me started on the cough syrup and Benadryl highs. Like, WTF? I've never been a full-on lose everything do or die addict, so during dry spells or when I'm broke,I'm just sober. It helps to keep my tolerance down too. Not that it hasn't fucked my life up, but my life has gotten fucked up during years of sobriety as well. But yeah, Datura seems to grow everywhere. There's some right in the garden here. I think it''s also called Angel's Trumpet. It's really pretty, and so are the berries on Belladonna. I'm sure that's why my grandma made sure we knew the difference - I think there's still a lot of children who get poisoned from eating the berries because they are so enticing. BTW, if you're ever bored, reading those trip reports is really entertaining. 1561313775843

Last edited:
Reactions: ProhibereDolor and Soul
ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
Yeah, I confuse opiate and opioid all the time. The medicine I was referring to is Lomotil, and believe me, it works. And you are correct sir, it is an opioid - it was made in a lab. I had an intestinal flu last year and it was the only thing that worked. And yeah, you are right about getting high on loperamide. IMHO, no self-respecting drug user would get high on that shit. Not that drugs in general are good for you, but there are documented and anecdotal cases of people suffering from cardiac issues. Young people. Then they end up in the hospital, tell the doctors what they OD'd on, and soon enough, you're going to need a prescription or it will be behind the pharmacy counter. Plus the reports are the high is not that great. It pisses me off because I also have had IBS since the 90s and sometimes it's the only thing that works. And when I need it I don't want any extra hassle buying it. Even my doctor approves of it. OTC highs and overdoses are something I can't comprehend. I was raised in the fine tradition of consuming only Schedule 1 or 2 substances for fun (and later for OD purposes that I seem to be immune to no matter how long of a tolerance break I take.) Don't even get me started on the cough syrup and Benadryl highs. Like, WTF? I've never been a full-on lose everything do or die addict, so during dry spells or when I'm broke,I'm just sober. It helps to keep my tolerance down too. Not that it hasn't fucked my life up, but my life has gotten fucked up during years of sobriety as well. But yeah, Datura seems to grow everywhere. There's some right in the garden here. I think it''s also called Angel's Trumpet. It's really pretty, and so are the berries on Belladonna. I'm sure that's why my grandma made sure we knew the difference - I think there's still a lot of children who get poisoned from eating the berries because they are so enticing. BTW, if you're ever bored, reading those trip reports is really entertaining. View attachment 12529
Could not agree with you more. The idiots trying to get high ruin it for the rest of us. I had a long stint with loperamide, about 3 years, so I have some experience with it. I'm only 34(next month)and I have to take meds for my heart. Propranolol and clonidine. I am no longer taking the lope but chances are I'll be on at least the propranolol for the rest of my life because without it my heart rate skyrockets even while at rest. So yay. I had a period of taking coricidin hbp cough and cold to get the dxm. And now I cannot taste the sugary coating on meds like advil because it makes me sick to my stomach. Just thinking of that crap is making me queasy. Dxm is not fun to use on a frequent basis. As for the angel trumpets I have read anecdotal accounts of people getting drugged just by standing under the thing. Not sure how true that is but I could see how it happens. But yeah, anything with trumpet flowers is, in my book, best steered clear of. They are super beautiful though. Never seen belladonna in person but judging by that picture I can totally see kids eating those bastards. Luckily here in the desert we don't have a huge amount of berries to have to learn. And my favorite, called Hackberry, is safe to eat. I do all the time during the monsoon season which is like a month away. And all the cactus fruits like saguaro and prickly pear are awesome. Even the animals go crazy for them.