Timothy7dff

Timothy7dff

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
I've been watching a lot of near death experience videos on YouTube. I think it helps with the CTB transition. You almost get a good idea what to expect. A lot of people tell similar stories.

Reactions: rozeske, Decided98, CantDoIt and 2 others
schrei_nach_liebe

schrei_nach_liebe

Experienced
Jul 6, 2023
I find most of those stories kind of weird as someone who's gotten absolutely as close to death as one can possibly get, more than once. The most notable is a CTB attempt where I ended up in cardiac arrest for about 13 minutes and went on to a coma initially thought to be brain dead (GCS-3T). The brain death thing is complicated when they don't know that you've taken a substance that can make you present as brain dead (amitriptyline). I woke many days later and the only thing I remembered was taking the substances I took and going to sleep on my sofa which is where I was found 40 hours later.

I think those near death experiences are more likely people imagining things after they've woken up, like implanting memories. I think those people are probably pretty suggestible personality types, and that they're remembering something that wasn't there. They're remembering what they think they should be remembering, and it's probably colored by the belief systems they have whether conscious or not.

My belief system is that I never believed in a higher power, I never believed there was anything after life. And I experienced nothing at all, which is what I probably unconsciously expected to happen. Idk, who knows.

Reactions: loslassen and dental
HereIGoAgain24

HereIGoAgain24

Sep 2, 2024
I find most of those stories kind of weird as someone who's gotten absolutely as close to death as one can possibly get, more than once. The most notable is a CTB attempt where I ended up in cardiac arrest for about 13 minutes and went on to a coma initially thought to be brain dead (GCS-3T). The brain death thing is complicated when they don't know that you've taken a substance that can make you present as brain dead (amitriptyline). I woke many days later and the only thing I remembered was taking the substances I took and going to sleep on my sofa which is where I was found 40 hours later.

I think those near death experiences are more likely people imagining things after they've woken up, like implanting memories. I think those people are probably pretty suggestible personality types, and that they're remembering something that wasn't there. They're remembering what they think they should be remembering, and it's probably colored by the belief systems they have whether conscious or not.

My belief system is that I never believed in a higher power, I never believed there was anything after life. And I experienced nothing at all, which is what I probably unconsciously expected to happen. Idk, who knows.
I think I've found a study or two that found people who have NDEs all have higher levels of CO2 in their brain (or something like that; I read this years ago). This, along with the neuroscientists pointing out that consciousness is a specific result of brain function, and thus capable of ending in the same way blow flow stops if your heart stops, is one of the reasons I can't imagine any sort of after life exists. I can't decide if eternal oblivion is preferable to an afterlife or not, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

schrei_nach_liebe

schrei_nach_liebe

Experienced
Jul 6, 2023
I think I've found a study or two that found people who have NDEs all have higher levels of CO2 in their brain (or something like that; I read this years ago). This, along with the neuroscientists pointing out that consciousness is a specific result of brain function, and thus capable of ending in the same way blow flow stops if your heart stops, is one of the reasons I can't imagine any sort of after life exists. I can't decide if eternal oblivion is preferable to an afterlife or not, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.
I mean, to me, completely no experience is light years better than what I'm experiencing and likely to experience going forward. It's not really oblivion if it's just a completely absence of any consciousness. Like, you're not feeling the absence, it's just plain nothing.

Edit: As far as what was in my brain, it was starting to break down/consume itself. When someone goes into cardiac arrest the brain as it's trying to stay alive starts digesting itself and releases lots of toxic stuff as a result, many times someone is resuscitated and the byproduct of your brain and your body consuming itself is another injury to your kidneys and lots of other organs/functions. As a nurse in critical care I've seen many people probably die of this shortly after I've participated in resuscitating them. And it was probably what was a large part of killing my kidneys (temporarily) after I was resuscitated. I was put on ECMO and CRRT for a while after resuscitation when I was still in the coma.

Last edited:
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
My friend had one , he didnt go into details about it but he was pronounced dead I think for 6 min. He said he had a life review and it showed how he affected peoples lives good and bad. There was no judgement just pure love and the spirits told him it wasnt his time and he had to go back and help people. Its changed his mindset and now he does his best to help people as much as he can. If it was an Afterlife experience or just his brain full of DMT either way a lot better experience than this Hellhole

Reactions: rozeske, Kta1994, maniac116 and 3 others
HereIGoAgain24

HereIGoAgain24

Sep 2, 2024
I mean, to me, completely no experience is light years better than what I'm experiencing and likely to experience going forward. It's not really oblivion if it's just a completely absence of any consciousness. Like, you're not feeling the absence, it's just plain nothing.

Edit: As far as what was in my brain, it was starting to break down/consume itself. When someone goes into cardiac arrest the brain as it's trying to stay alive starts digesting itself and releases lots of toxic stuff as a result, many times someone is resuscitated and the byproduct of your brain and your body consuming itself is another injury to your kidneys and lots of other organs/functions. As a nurse in critical care I've seen many people probably die of this shortly after I've participated in resuscitating them. And it was probably what was a large part of killing my kidneys (temporarily) after I was resuscitated. I was put on ECMO and CRRT for a while after resuscitation when I was still in the coma.
I understand. On some level, I'm kind of wishing Heaven was real so I could feel at peace and live out some of my personal fantasies, but I also agree no experience is better than whatever lies in store for us.

Reactions: divinemistress36
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
There are some where the NDE haver was told things they never could have known while alive, if you believe that type of thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: maniac116 and divinemistress36
L

LionDad

After all this time? Always.
Aug 23, 2024
I was in a coma after an overdose and went into cardiac arrest twice. I remember seeing and speaking to my late nan who died when I was 4/5 but what's weird was that in all of my memories she's really tall, except when I "saw" her then - she was really short. I spoke to my mum a year or so after and she confirmed that my Nan was extremely short - if it wasn't for that, I'd have put it down to being a coma dream or false memory

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, CantDoIt and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I was in a coma after an overdose and went into cardiac arrest twice. I remember seeing and speaking to my late nan who died when I was 4/5 but what's weird was that in all of my memories she's really tall, except when I "saw" her then - she was really short. I spoke to my mum a year or so after and she confirmed that my Nan was extremely short - if it wasn't for that, I'd have put it down to being a coma dream or false memory
What a beautiful experience

• Love
Reactions: maniac116, LionDad and CantDoIt
QueenInsomnia

QueenInsomnia

Jul 21, 2024
I would imagine that your nan would appear taller to a 4 or 5-year-old than she would to an adult, which sounds like what you were when you "saw" her as an adult when you went into cardiac arrest.

Reactions: maniac116
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
I believe these experiences result from the mind trying to gently prepare the body for dying.
The flooding of memories is the life flashing before your eyes which i've experienced to a small degree as i sat in the backseat
of a car and braced for a t-boned car crash when i was younger. i saw the car coming before the driver did.

we have many memories that are fuzzy and buried for various reasons including trauma. some people suddenly recover them due to some
trigger, life event, or therapy. an nde and the flooding of memories to me sounds reasonably similar.

someone once told me about their father passing away in the hospital. they said smoke started to appear and suddenly two
large angels adorned in gold, carrying two large swords, were there and they saw their father's soul leave the body, rejuvenated
and carried off by them. their father was a minister. this i feel is similar in the way the mind can try to ease the transition of a loved ones death.

Reactions: Timothy7dff