GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
The site -NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE AND RESESRCH FOUNDATION- has been looking into near death accounts for a long time. I have only found this site recently so my knowledge is limited but it may help others here. Most of the experiences seem religious but that is not always the case. The people there seem to have a genuine want to understand this odd topic. They also have a few CTBs there but again they mostly seem religious. I dont know if they are "pro" or "con" on any subjects discussed here. The point is that sometimes a perspective on "what happens next" can be a real help. Are the people there who share thier stories full of BS? I have no idea. Individual discernment is definitely a must. Love you guys. I'm pretending it's hump day today! ❤

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
From what I saw of that place, the accounts published are exactly that. Accounts of experiences, nothing more or less. I didn't observe any bias in the reporting of such, just the recorded words of the subjects.

Whether or not the subjects' experiences are genuine is always up for question. And as to what those experiences mean, that is in the realm of faith and as such, I can make no legitimate comment.

LOL hump day :heart:

Reactions: darksideofthebright, Giraffey and GarageKarate07
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The religion experiences sound so cliché and fake!
However, as you said, there are some which are interesting. There was a guy who just like me, believed and claimed to see what's beyond this simulation we're in.
In the end, they are all folk stories and it's really hard to believe them 100% but I guess we'll all find out what the hell happens when we die.

Note: I was in a comma for 2 days and saw no heaven, hell, angels, etc. I just felt this kind of darkness and silence or maybe it was my imagination but I would swear I was in peace because that stuff, was more than enough and better than this life.

Last edited:
Reactions: darksideofthebright, Giraffey and GarageKarate07
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
However, as you said, there are some which are interesting. There was a guy who just like me, believed and claimed to see what's beyond this simulation we're in.
In the end, they are all folk stories and it's really hard to believe them 100% but I guess we'll all find out what the hell happens when we die.

Note: I was in a comma for 2 days and saw no heaven, hell, angels, etc. I just felt this kind of darkness and silence or maybe it was my imagination but I would swear I was in peace because tha stufft, was enough and better than this life.
My only happy time has been sleeping and some people need the religious stuff but it turns off a whole lot of other people real quick. I saw a Netflix doc where a young man saw angels and demons while he was awake after a head injury and he said it really screwed up his life. He did a ceremony with a group of native americans where he fasted in the woods for like 3 days sitting in one spot and they had him wrap up like 200 tiny bags off tobacco and make a circle to sit in for 3 days. He said it Really helped but it didnt cure him. He still saw the angels and demons hanging out next to people in like a substate or something. I wish I could find it I would post it. I like that most of the stories sound peaceful. I think most people here could really use a break and if CTB is that break then they should part and go to a "better" place.

Note: I was in a comma for 2 days and saw no heaven, hell, angels, etc. I just felt this kind of darkness and silence or maybe it was my imagination but I would swear I was in peace because that stuff, was more than enough and better than this life.
Oh I found it! The movie is "Wake Up" and the guy in the documentary is Jonas Elrod. Maybe I will post this later. Watch it with a grain of salt though. I fast forward through stuff even new movies and my GF hates it but I have no time for BS I just want the story. Anyway...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: darksideofthebright, Meditation guide and WornOutLife
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Having done research into near-death experiences myself, or rather, having recreated them using hypnosis and other psychological trickery, I believe that an explanation is that such experiences are hallucinatory; dreams, imaginations or confabulations. But I wasn't there, I didn't take the measurements, witness the accounts or experience it myself, I cannot rule out the possibility that they were real visits to a higher plane of existence. There's no objective evidence that they are, but I can't prove the opposite and so it comes down to a matter of faith. Either way, real or imaginary, they can be life-changing experiences and I think they are to be embraced. After all, spirituality and science don't always have to be mutually exclusive.

What you describe is very similar to something I gave a lecture on just last week. I couldn't comment on whether or not it was your imagination because I don't know the specifics, but I've heard it before in relation to coma patients. Nothing otherwordly and it's an experience that you can induce at will as a form of deep meditation, with a great deal of practice. But I'll say this, I have experienced the same, albeit not whilst in a coma, and it was that first experience of the peace of 'nothingness' which cured my fear of death.

• Wow
Reactions: darksideofthebright, GarageKarate07, Homecoming and 2 others
U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
Interesting perspective, do you have much hypnosis experience

Having done research into near-death experiences myself, or rather, having recreated them using hypnosis and other psychological trickery, I believe that an explanation is that such experiences are hallucinatory; dreams, imaginations or confabulations. But I wasn't there, I didn't take the measurements, witness the accounts or experience it myself, I cannot rule out the possibility that they were real visits to a higher plane of existence. There's no objective evidence that they are, but I can't prove the opposite and so it comes down to a matter of faith. Either way, real or imaginary, they can be life-changing experiences and I think they are to be embraced. After all, spirituality and science don't always have to be mutually exclusive.

What you describe is very similar to something I gave a lecture on just last week. I couldn't comment on whether or not it was your imagination because I don't know the specifics, but I've heard it before in relation to coma patients. Nothing otherwordly and it's an experience that you can induce at will as a form of deep meditation, with a great deal of practice. But I'll say this, I have experienced the same, albeit not whilst in a coma, and it was that first experience of the peace of 'nothingness' which cured my fear of death.

Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Interesting perspective, do you have much hypnosis experience

Around thirteen years of experience in stage hypnosis and clinical hypnotherapy, I've also published peer-reviewed research on hypnotherapy (not NDEs) in the past.

Reactions: GarageKarate07