Praying things get better
May 29, 2023
Has anyone had an NDE?

Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim and David8886
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm not sure about near death experiences because true death doesn't occur until the brain dies fully.
Neuroscientists have discovered that there is a burst of brain activity the moment the heart stops.
Maybe this burst of activity is the brain conjuring up a nde, or maybe its something else ?

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Unending, Forever Sleep and 2 others
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I'm not sure about near death experiences because true death doesn't occur until the brain dies fully.
Neuroscientists have discovered that there is a burst of brain activity the moment the heart stops.
Maybe this burst of activity is the brain conjuring up a nde, or maybe its something else ?
That's very interesting, bcuz it's obv possible to be resurrected with your heart stopping for a short while. Would be very cool if you could experience that feeling without all the hassle that comes along with it 😅

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, DT2007 and WAITING TO DIE
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
no but it is just the brain hallucinating enough said

• Wow
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim, zeevo and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's very interesting, bcuz it's obv possible to be resurrected with your heart stopping for a short while. Would be very cool if you could experience that feeling without all the hassle that comes along with it 😅

Like in the 1990 film: 'Flatliners.'

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
m_account

m_account

Oct 21, 2023

Reactions: sserafim and doormat25
David8886

David8886

Nov 18, 2021
Has anyone had an NDE?
It seems that when the body dies, the brain is alive for 10 to 30 minutes, and in the meantime, it is being depleted of oxygen, and this depletion of oxygen causes hallucinations and dreams called "near-death experiences".
The United States has done research on it
I had previously seen a documentary called "Near Death Experiences with Morgan Freeman".
I accept this issue, but not life after death

Reactions: sserafim
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Only a minority of people who flatline have an NDE, though those who do are often profoundly changed by the experience. In recent years, there has been a slow shift towards allowing people to talk about what they saw. It still seems like it will be a long time before their insights impact the primitive culture of our species.

I once read through another thread on the same subject here. All posts were people who had no experience at all, or wanted to share their cool theory about how NDEs are made up. Only one person had a proper NDE experience, which was quite profound and transformative. Typically, their post was lost in the noise.

This topic is basically taboo on this website so I can highly recommend seeking out dedicated resources and uncensored content.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Abandoned Character, doormat25 and 3 others
David8886

David8886

Nov 18, 2021
Only a minority of people who flatline have an NDE, though those who do are often profoundly changed by the experience. In recent years, there has been a slow shift towards allowing people to talk about what they saw. It still seems like it will be a long time before their insights impact the primitive culture of our species.

I once read through another thread on the same subject here. All posts were people who had no experience at all, or wanted to share their cool theory about how NDEs are made up. Only one person had a proper NDE experience, which was quite profound and transformative. Typically, their post was lost in the noise.

This topic is basically taboo on this website so I can highly recommend seeking out dedicated resources and uncensored content.
thank you so much
If you have the topic of the mentioned person, please send the link

Do you think that those who have committed suicide have a terrible and stressful experience
If the answer is yes, what is the reason for the pain

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
thank you so much

Do you think that those who have committed suicide have a terrible and stressful experience
If the answer is yes, what is the reason for the pain
I don't think I'd have much luck tracking down that thread as it was an obscure one from years ago. But the post had the classic elements of proper NDEs, of which there are thousands readily available online on websites like NDERF.

Your question is a great one that I think about pretty much every day. Unfortunately, there isn't a simple answer because no particular source is 100% authoritative. However, I can very confidently discount the Christian narrative about eternal punishment, as well as materialist ideas about one's consciousness existing for a few decades and then vanishing. Here are a few individuals who I feel are noteworthy:

Kelly Sammy had one of the most popular suicide NDE reports online. She had various interactions on the other side, none of which were unpleasant. She specifically mentioned that there was never a sense of being admonished for what she had done. She returned in a far more advanced state and went on to become a teacher.

The theologian Neale Donald Walsch, in his book Home with God, claims that no harm comes to suicides, except that they are destined to start their lifetime all over from birth. One NDEr, Sandra Rogers, was given a choice between finishing her lifetime or else going into the light but having to reincarnate and go through the same challenges again; she chose the former.

The overall consensus is that with a handful of disturbing exceptions, nothing too bad happens except the possible threat of re-sitting the test. The claim is often made in NDE reports that there's a pre-destined purpose to the lifetime, though many people are given no information about it.

I've had an interest in this subject for decades and I've still not found any sort of purpose, while my neurological issues have progressively gotten more unbearable. Especially as I have nobody reliant on me and no real place in society, I've concluded to my own satisfaction that I can leave whenever the time feels right.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and rationaltake
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
No I don't, but feel free to ask any questions here.

David8886

David8886

Nov 18, 2021
No I don't, but feel free to ask any questions here.
My English is not good
I would like you to come to Telegram so that I can benefit more from your knowledge with the help of a friend (as a translator)

ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
I personally haven't but I took care of one patient that did. Eerie and freaky.

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
The theologian Neale Donald Walsch, in his book Home with God, claims that no harm comes to suicides, except that they are destined to start their lifetime all over from birth. One NDEr, Sandra Rogers, was given a choice between finishing her lifetime or else going into the light but having to reincarnate and go through the same challenges again; she chose the former.
This is what concerns me a little bit. I heard this more often while watching/reading about NDE's. It's not like you will be cursed forever, but redoing the whole life still sounds like hell. So if this would be true, than it would be better to finish the current life. How do you see this?

Reactions: sserafim, David8886 and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I was thinking about this thread just recently. I never found the post I mentioned earlier, but someone else here had an NDE just a few days ago.

This is what concerns me a little bit. I heard this more often while watching/reading about NDE's. It's not like you will be cursed forever, but redoing the whole life still sounds like hell. So if this would be true, than it would be better to finish the current life. How do you see this?
I agree. I've never found any absolutely conclusive research on this topic, though there is a fairly broad consensus within the spiritual community that suicide in itself does not necessarily solve the problem.

However, it would be patently absurd having to re-sit the test from birth if someone were to CTB at, say, the age of 80. Or, we could use the even more extreme example of euthanasia in the case of terminally illness. Clearly, even in a cosmic context, debates around suicide involve nuance.

The next problem is that by reliving the same life time without any real changes, there should be every likelihood that the individual will commit suicide the next time, too. This is especially true when circumstances are truly hellacious or someone has an impulsive temperament with access to methods. Without some intervention, this Groundhog Day has the ingredients of an eternal hell, which is not supposed to be possible.

Another twist on the theme that I was once told is that one has to come back but not from birth, merely from the age that the suicide occurred.

Neale Donald Walsch was at pains to point out that the notion of repeating the lifetime is not a requirement nor an obligation, but simply what the soul will naturally do because it didn't get what it wanted out of the experience.

There is definitely logic in making every effort to resolve unfinished business here before leaving. Not to mention delving deeply into the question of why we are here. But having said all that, I set a very high threshold for how much I'm willing to put up with since the threat of reliving my abuse is so intense, but I am quite tired and far from young, so I make no promises about living this way for decades more.

Reactions: sserafim, David8886 and NoFutureAnymore
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
I agree. I've never found any absolutely conclusive research on this topic, though there is a fairly broad consensus within the spiritual community that suicide in itself does not necessarily solve the problem.

However, it would be patently absurd having to re-sit the test from birth if someone were to CTB at, say, the age of 80. Or, we could use the even more extreme example of euthanasia in the case of terminally illness. Clearly, even in a cosmic context, debates around suicide involve nuance.

The next problem is that by reliving the same life time without any real changes, there should be every likelihood that the individual will commit suicide the next time, too. This is especially true when circumstances are truly hellacious or someone has an impulsive temperament with access to methods. Without some intervention, this Groundhog Day has the ingredients of an eternal hell, which is not supposed to be possible.

Another twist on the theme that I was once told is that one has to come back but not from birth, merely from the age that the suicide occurred.

Neale Donald Walsch was at pains to point out that the notion of repeating the lifetime is not a requirement nor an obligation, but simply what the soul will naturally do because it didn't get what it wanted out of the experience.

There is definitely logic in making every effort to resolve unfinished business here before leaving. Not to mention delving deeply into the question of why we are here. But having said all that, I set a very high threshold for how much I'm willing to put up with since the threat of reliving my abuse is so intense, but I am quite tired and far from young, so I make no promises about living this way for decades more.
That is a very interesting view. I think there is another issue on top of your argument with this theory of starting over. We only hear stories from people that failed committing suicide. So from NDE perspective, their time wasn't there yet. So they probably had the choice between going back or starting over. But we don't hear the stories from people that successfully committed suicide. The successful ones might have gained enough experience and their dead is accepted by the afterlife.

Furthermore they all talk about a plan that's made before coming to earth, so why can't suicide be part of that plan? A part of the NDE theory says you naturally can't deviate from the begin and end point of life. You can only choose a different route. So that also contradicts the theory that you have to start over when committing suicide.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
That is a very interesting view. I think there is another issue on top of your argument with this theory of starting over. We only hear stories from people that failed committing suicide. So from NDE perspective, their time wasn't there yet. So they probably had the choice between going back or starting over. But we don't hear the stories from people that successfully committed suicide. The successful ones might have gained enough experience and their dead is accepted by the afterlife.

Furthermore they all talk about a plan that's made before coming to earth, so why can't suicide be part of that plan? A part of the NDE theory says you naturally can't deviate from the begin and end point of life. You can only choose a different route. So that also contradicts the theory that you have to start over when committing suicide.
Great points! Firstly we have a literal case of survivorship bias, and then there's the messy question of free will.

My background is slanted towards the most hardcore Eastern spirituality, where the goal is ultimate liberation and seeing reality directly without all the filtration and perceptual distortions caused by our mental conditioning. People from these traditions who achieve such an advanced state, such as Ramana Maharshi, often bluntly deny that there is any such thing as free will. Indeed, there is no one to have it. This is also a reason why such people can be free of judgements or condemnation towards others, since it doesn't even make sense at that point.

But where does this leave the supposed 'choice' for suicide? The NDE narrative about there being a plan is consistent with a lack of human free will, though there's obviously some nuance there since it could also be argued that choice is the whole point of life.

This brings me back to Neale Walsch. One of his more profound claims is that the nature of the afterlife experience is actually determined by the state that the 'deceased' individual is in. This explains the variations in NDEs and the tendency for people to see, for example, religious figures from their lifetime's culture. The notable exception is people with a strong disbelief in the afterlife who are always in for a big surprise.

Another common theme with both NDE research and raw spirituality is that the goal of life is to achieve a lofty state of perfect unconditional love. Eliminating the false ego self, as per Eastern traditions, is surely the ultimate means of achieving this. From this perspective, therefore, the main problem with suicide is that there can be a lot of unresolved baggage and a dark state in general that will manifest.

I remember one non-suicide NDE in which a woman was in the midst of a medical emergency, drifting between this world and the next. She found that the other side was a place of total darkness - not deeply unpleasant, but rather devoid of life.

Eventually a voice spoke to her and explained what she was seeing. In previous years, she had had a bitter experience with her ex-husband leaving her. In response, she decided to accept being a single mother who otherwise has no interest in connecting to others ever again. This disconnection was manifesting as a void in the afterlife because of the state she was in, and presumably as soon as she capitulated, all the whiz-bang heavenly lights would emerge.

This is the sort of thing we are dealing with. People ask me for straight answers but I can only give walls of text that vaguely point towards the importance of being in the most advanced state possible, even though there is ultimately no self to do that.

Reactions: sserafim, Suicidebydeath and NoFutureAnymore
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
This brings me back to Neale Walsch. One of his more profound claims is that the nature of the afterlife experience is actually determined by the state that the 'deceased' individual is in. This explains the variations in NDEs and the tendency for people to see, for example, religious figures from their lifetime's culture. The notable exception is people with a strong disbelief in the afterlife who are always in for a big surprise.
Again an interesting point of view. However I don't think I fully agree with the quoted part after watching several testimonies. I actually think that everyone goes through the same things and can see the same things in the afterlife. The problem however is that this afterlife can't be described with words like we know on earth, so people start to compare it with thing they know (religion). So a Christian describes it as God, a Muslim as Allah and an atheist describes a white light, but in the end they are all describing the same thing which actually can't described with any word.

Regarding the state of life, I think this will be resolved in the life review (as long as it takes) before you can continue. But at the end I think you end up where everybody else ends up. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to meet a friend with another religion, but I think and hope that we might see all our loved ones despite their believes on earth.

Furthermore I believe in a limited free will and that we can freely operate within our limits. So I can choose to to a job at company A or B, but I can't choose to become a president. I also can't choose to be born and maybe (I'm not sure about this) also not to choose when I die. Which means that CTB would be part of the whole plan...

BTW: It's amazing to be able to discus NDE in relation to CTB on SS. I have nobody in real life to discus this specific thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Pluto
David8886

David8886

Nov 18, 2021
I was thinking about this thread just recently. I never found the post I mentioned earlier, but someone else here had an NDE just a few days ago.

I think we see the scenes of the past and the present in passing and very general, instead of reliving them moment by moment.
It seems that the memory of the brain gets mixed up, so that, for example, our tactile memory of ten minutes ago is merged with the visual memory of two minutes ago, along with the auditory memory of twenty minutes ago
I disagree
This does not happen

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Pluto and Homo erectus
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Reactions: NoFutureAnymore, Pluto, sserafim and 1 other person
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think hearing and seeing when they are in coma is interesting. Maybe we do have more senses than the usual sight, hearing, touch, etc. The extra senses are either blocked intentionally, subconscious, or overwhelmed by the usual senses. In coma these extra senses become conscious. The "it's not your time" could be coping mechanism for having to live with the suffering after survival.

Reactions: Pluto and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't think I'd have much luck tracking down that thread as it was an obscure one from years ago. But the post had the classic elements of proper NDEs, of which there are thousands readily available online on websites like NDERF.

Your question is a great one that I think about pretty much every day. Unfortunately, there isn't a simple answer because no particular source is 100% authoritative. However, I can very confidently discount the Christian narrative about eternal punishment, as well as materialist ideas about one's consciousness existing for a few decades and then vanishing. Here are a few individuals who I feel are noteworthy:

Kelly Sammy had one of the most popular suicide NDE reports online. She had various interactions on the other side, none of which were unpleasant. She specifically mentioned that there was never a sense of being admonished for what she had done. She returned in a far more advanced state and went on to become a teacher.

The overall consensus is that with a handful of disturbing exceptions, nothing too bad happens except the possible threat of re-sitting the test. The claim is often made in NDE reports that there's a pre-destined purpose to the lifetime, though many people are given no information about it.

I've had an interest in this subject for decades and I've still not found any sort of purpose, while my neurological issues have progressively gotten more unbearable. Especially as I have nobody reliant on me and no real place in society, I've concluded to my own satisfaction that I can leave whenever the time feels right.
What do you think would happen if you died permanently and avoid the light? The light is just the reincarnation soul trap, I wonder what would happen if you refused to go into it…would you become a ghost or something?

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
What do you think would happen if you died permanently and avoid the light? The light is just the reincarnation soul trap, I wonder what would happen if you refused to go into it…would you become a ghost or something?
This can happen, but it's worth noting that nothing is permanent.

The 'ghost' phenomenon can be caused by being afraid to leave here, or having intense addictions. This is not a desirable state and Kevin Williams even refers to it as hell. It seems that this can drag on for some time.

The void is considered a quiet and dark place of contemplation. When people are ready to move on, the light will appear. It is common for people to call upon a deity from their culture and that does the trick.

I don't think it's desirable to be stuck in any particular place, and fear is the energy that causes stuckness. We don't need the afterlife to know that.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
This can happen, but it's worth noting that nothing is permanent.

The 'ghost' phenomenon can be caused by being afraid to leave here, or having intense addictions. This is not a desirable state and Kevin Williams even refers to it as hell. It seems that this can drag on for some time.

The void is considered a quiet and dark place of contemplation. When people are ready to move on, the light will appear. It is common for people to call upon a deity from their culture and that does the trick.

I don't think it's desirable to be stuck in any particular place, and fear is the energy that causes stuckness. We don't need the afterlife to know that.
I guess there's no escaping the light then…is there a way to escape being reincarnated though? I thought it was something that automatically happened to everyone

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I guess there's no escaping the light then…is there a way to escape being reincarnated though? I thought it was something that automatically happened to everyone
The goal of all Eastern traditions (Hinduism/Buddhism/Jainism/Sikhism) is to escape samsara, the cycle of rebirth. And it is for this very reason; every other pursuit just prolongs more of the same.

One gets a good feel for the common themes of NDE reports even by watching a few of the many videos online now that this topic is becoming mainstream. It is routinely claimed that people actually chose their current incarnation for a particular purpose. There's some common ground with Eastern philosophy in the notion that certain events are 'meant' to transpire.

All of this leads to the question, "Who am I really?" since the mind we normally get our identity from is seen as merely a noisy computer programmed by nature and nurture. That is the perfect starting point for a genuine spiritual journey.

Reactions: NoFutureAnymore and sserafim