GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
By sheer happenstance, I live in the backcountry. A spot where nature is the unadulterated mistress of beauty. On occasion, I set out on foot to explore the expanse of my surroundings. A wise man once said, "You should spend twenty minutes in nature everyday. Unless you're busy, then you should spend an hour." I've spent years here listening to the trees, the grass, and the occasional spirit of some passing thought. There is a deep stillness in the backcountry. A sense that the world would continue long after we have tried to leave our mark on it. For most of our lives it seems like we're the ones sitting and contemplating nature, but perhaps it is nature that is contemplating us. In it's eternal timeline it has yet to form an opinion. I wonder if nature blames us for the state of the world? If it wonders why we're so busy in our daily goings on? Sitting there on the edge of infinity I wonder what nature would think if it looked down on my tiny life? How closely my life resembles that of an ant and how nothing I do could ever possibly matter to it. Yet, in that futile nothing, there seems to be the point of existing at all.

I don't know how to segway out of this peace, but it's been a few days since I've felt the pressing urge to post anything. I somehow felt that I would be letting the people down who have enjoyed my silly rants that I've thrown out into the ether. So I thought I'd try a different, more somber, philosophical tone this time around. I wonder how whomever reads this will react or what they will take away from it if anything at all? Thanks for indulging me compadres.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Oblivion Access, IsThisTheEnd? and 1 other person
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
sweep me up šŸ§¹

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and GideonVandaleur
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Wow,. Great post and awesome word choice you have! I really appreciate your love for the great outdoors and mother nature in General.

I wouldn't say I'm in the backcountry.., But my Dad was a farmer for the majority of his life so I'm certainly in the country. I absolutely love everything about it,. Very special and peaceful experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_071419_3.jpg
    IMG_20210219_071419_3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: GideonVandaleur
GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
Wow,. Great post and awesome word choice you have! I really appreciate your love for the great outdoors and mother nature in General.

I wouldn't say I'm in the backcountry.., But my Dad was a farmer for the majority of his life so I'm certainly in the country. I absolutely love everything about it,. Very special and peaceful experience.
I'm really glad my piece had a pleasant, if not nostalgic affect on you. Thanks for the kind words.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34