WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Well, there isn't one yet. So...why not?

Today's my off day, and I like spending time out in nature, so I went hiking in one of the local (tropical rainforest) nature reserves. Thought I'd share some of the pictures I took along the journey.

Does anyone else enjoy being outdoors? Please feel free to share any flora and fauna you find interesting 😃

There's just something "Zen" about this moss-covered hollow log

It's as though there's a magical mini-world when you look at mushrooms up close

An abandoned granite quarry (ceased operations in the 90s) that has been rehabilitated into a nature reserve

• Love
Reactions: DeusVult, Kiiiishore, We Are Angels and 10 others
HereIGoAgain24

HereIGoAgain24

Sep 2, 2024
This is beautiful. I often worry incessantly about the sheer amount of environmental devastation our species is bringing on the Earth- something that has contributed to my suicidal thoughts- but seeing pictures like these reminds me of what we still have left. It's worth fighting for.

I don't have any pictures myself, but I recently drove through the Berkshires in New York and found it gorgeous. Makes me wonder how any could give up this for city life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
Lotus blossoms at a Thai restaurant a short bus ride from my place

20240109 163108
20240730 111803

The lotus is one of the most prominent symbols of Buddhism. The Buddha, in his enlightened state, is often portrayed seated upon an open lotus flower. As the lotus flower blossoms unsullied by the mud and muck from which the plant is grown below, it symbolizes the purity of the enlightened mind arising amidst the suffering of samsara, or cyclic existence.

I love nature. Thank you for sharing. ❤️

I want to visit the river Strid before I die...

You're welcome!

That looks like a really scenic place! I think I watched a YouTube video about this particular section of the river in which it is notorious for having a 100% fatality rate where nobody who has fallen in has ever survived.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DeusVult, Kiiiishore, Forever Sleep and 3 others
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Beautiful photos and thoughts, thank you for sharing

• Love
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
Handsome boi(s)

20231222 190431
20231222 182027

• Love
Reactions: wCvML2 and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Lotus blossoms at a Thai restaurant a short bus ride from my place

View attachment 150695
View attachment 150696

The lotus is one of the most prominent symbols of Buddhism. The Buddha, in his enlightened state, is often portrayed seated upon an open lotus flower. As the lotus flower blossoms unsullied by the mud and muck from which the plant is grown below, it symbolizes the purity of the enlightened mind arising amidst the suffering of samsara, or cyclic existence.

You're welcome!

That looks like a really scenic place! I think I watched a YouTube video about this particular section of the river in which it is notorious for having a 100% fatality rate where nobody who has fallen in has ever survived.

Yes- true- it's a very dangerous river partly because it's so deceptively tranquil. It's basically a river on its side. Very narrow but very deep- very strong currents. Not my CTB method by the way though. Too cowardly for that.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
Waves crashing against the shore

20230727 182805 ezgifcom video to gif converter

20220523 181614 ezgifcom video to gif converter

There's just something about it that soothes the soul.
(Wish it were possible to do GIFs with sound)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DeusVult and Praestat_Mori
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I just tried that Gif thing. Very cool.

This was me enjoying the great outdoors with my little lady.

Ezgif 1 1b18041224

• Love
Reactions: Dayrain, razorblade_sky, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 3 others
WithTheFlow

WithTheFlow

Everything excellent is as difficult as it is rare
Sep 2, 2024
Oh yes, I love nature and hold certain locations very near to my heart.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I'm enjoying this thread. Nature's always been an important part of my life. I grew up in the temperate rainforests of the PNW. I grew up tromping around in its undergrowth. Perhaps due to that, moss and ferns are my happy place.

I live in the city now. We still have some nice parks, which I occasionally visit. I like to bring this bit of nature into my life through my bonsai.

Here is my dear cat Sammy, who recently passed away, doing some inspections of the undergrowth I try to develop in my bonsai.

IMAG0339 01

• Love
Reactions: Pluto, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Praestat_Mori
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
I'm enjoying this thread. Nature's always been an important part of my life. I grew up in the temperate rainforests of the PNW. I grew up tromping around in its undergrowth. Perhaps due to that, moss and ferns are my happy place.

I live in the city now. We still have some nice parks, which I occasionally visit. I like to bring this bit of nature into my life through my bonsai.

Here is my dear cat Sammy, who recently passed away, doing some inspections of the undergrowth I try to develop in my bonsai.

View attachment 150884

That's a lovely piece! Yes, it does look like tiny forest in there. And it looks like your furry little friend's putting the finishing touch to it in the form of a nose "boop" 😸 You and he must've had such fond memories together ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and _AllCatsAreGrey_
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
IMG 6275
I'm usually not a fan of nature, too many mosquitoes and ticks. Looking at it from afar is always pretty though. I did get some pictures from when I went to Taiwan a few months ago though. This one is from a River boat ride through some nature preserve that was there. I saw a snake swimming past the boat on this ride but it was too fast for me to actually get a picture of it. 😭

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
View attachment 150911
I'm usually not a fan of nature, too many mosquitoes and ticks. Looking at it from afar is always pretty though. I did get some pictures from when I went to Taiwan a few months ago though. This one is from a River boat ride through some nature preserve that was there. I saw a snake swimming past the boat on this ride but it was too fast for me to actually get a picture of it. 😭
Places like these just look so inviting to me!

Despite being from Southeast Asia, I haven't been to Taiwan before. If I ever go there one day, I'm definitely going to places like these, as I'd love to see what Nature has to offer 😃

I hate 'em mozzies too!
These days the nasty buggers react waaay faster than before, and have become so good at dodging—like little ninjas—that killing them is near impossible now 😑
Must be natural selection at work...

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Praestat_Mori
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
This made me think of this thread:
Screenshot 2024 09 23 18 19 29 63 1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9

• Yay!
apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
I got nature photos! They are from vacations I've been on. :)
Frozen landscape
this was when I was in grainau!
Pretty waterfall
this was when I was in yellow stone!

• Love
Reactions: hawkshorizon and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
Went to the park to work out today and saw a really pretty pigeon. Too bad this is the closest I can get.

20240927 132924

this was when I was in yellow stone!
Yellowstone is one of my dream destinations! I want to see the wolves 🐺 and geysers.

Reactions: apearl