• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
So I think inert gas seems like a pretty comfortable way to CTB without a lot of mess or risk of ugly survival. The components are easy to excuse as some hobbyist interest like home brewing. They're also nearly all available conveniently online and at relatively low cost. All except the gas itself, that is.

Anyone have knowledge or experience about getting it? I understand a 22 cu. ft. container is considered enough, which isn't that big, but I don't have a car. I also don't know if I need some kind of certification or something to pick it up from my friendly local Praxair outlet.

Any clues on this?

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I don't think you need any kind of certification, although that could depend on where you live I suppose.

I thought the costs added up a bit when you add gas, regulator, flow meter thingy.

Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Don't know about your country but here in Poland we can buy online a large pressure vessel full of industrial grade nitrogen, which is more than enough to work. It is available on allegro.pl its like ebay in Poland. Some of the offers agree to send international... sometimes. Search for "azot x l" which mean nitrogen x liters where x is your needed volume. And keep an eye on information about shipping outside country. Good luck.

Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
Don't know about your country but here in Poland we can buy online a large pressure vessel full of industrial grade nitrogen, which is more than enough to work. It is available on allegro.pl its like ebay in Poland. Some of the offers agree to send international... sometimes. Search for "azot x l" which mean nitrogen x liters where x is your needed volume. And keep an eye on information about shipping outside country. Good luck.

Thanks. Yeah, I think it's actually postal regulations here (Canada) that restrict any pressurized gas from being sent in the mail. Edit: just looked it up, yup, it's "Class 2 Dangerous Goods".

Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Thanks. Yeah, I think it's actually postal regulations here (Canada) that restrict any pressurized gas from being sent in the mail. Edit: just looked it up, yup, it's "Class 2 Dangerous Goods".

It suck then, you need to find some local vandor. Search near places where welders work or buy their stuff. Nitrogen is common in this business, vehicle repair stations can do also. Nitrogen is used to inflate the tires.

Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
I thought the costs added up a bit when you add gas, regulator, flow meter thingy.

It's all relative, I guess. As it is likely to be the last cost I pay (if not the last I incur, but I have fairly generous life insurance), given it's cheaper than, say, a new laptop, it's not that burdensome to me personally. I apologize if I didn't properly acknowledge that for a lot of us our distress is very much about money.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
It's all relative, I guess. As it is likely to be the last cost I pay (if not the last I incur, but I have fairly generous life insurance), given it's cheaper than, say, a new laptop, it's not that burdensome to me personally. I apologize if I didn't properly acknowledge that for a lot of us our distress is very much about money.
You may find my blog helpful on the subject matter. The link is under my name. Best wishes!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, AvaAdore and checkouttime
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
I just recently came across an article that suggested using a bottle of nitrogen wine preserver, a plastic bag and duct tape.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I just recently came across an article that suggested using a bottle of nitrogen wine preserver, a plastic bag and duct tape.
That is interesting. Would you have the link to the article? I would appreciate it if you would pm it to me. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993