• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
I've lurked for a while, so this is my first post.

I was supposed to CTB on Monday, but wasn't feeling well, so I had to delay until this weekend. I have no options and can't put it off any longer. Anyway, I dipped my finger in to try it and there's a slight alcohol aftertaste, but it's really just the most bitter thing you could ever imagine and can't be compared. It has no flavor and the bitterness lingers on your tongue. I think making excessively strong black coffee and drinking it at room temperature would be helpful to practice. Also, doing a shot of your favorite alcohol before as well as after will probably help.

Sending love to you all.:heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, dyingalone123, tryingtoescape and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
The PPH recommends decanting the bottles into a single container and drinking all of the liquid as fast as you can in 2 or 3 gulps. Then immediately followed by some alcohol to alleviate the aftertaste of N and it also speeds up the process.

I don't want to risk vomiting so I will probably just take 1 or 2 shots of whiskey as a chaser.

• Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, dyingalone123, Dead Meat and 3 others
U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
The PPH recommends decanting the bottles into a single container and drinking all of the liquid as fast as you can in 2 or 3 gulps. Then immediately followed by some alcohol to alleviate the aftertaste of N and it also speeds up the process.

I don't want to risk vomiting so I will probably just take 1 or 2 shots of whiskey as a chaser.
I know what's recommended but since I have actually tasted it, I'm sharing my experience. Drinking a sip of alcohol before will help mask the taste for those of you who are worried about it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dyingalone123 and Dead Meat
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Thanks for sharing that.

If only powdered N was available from a known reliable source. Drinking 200ml of bitter liquid would be a real issue for me I think. Not because of the bitterness alone. More as a result of stomach issues that limit intake etc. Combined with the bitterness I'm worried about failing. 50ml of liquid using the powdered N would be so much more reliable for myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: dyingalone123, Dead Meat, PeacefulTonic and 1 other person
U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
Thanks for sharing that.

If only powdered N was available from a known reliable source. Drinking 200ml of bitter liquid would be a real issue for me I think. Not because of the bitterness alone. More as a result of stomach issues that limit intake etc. Combined with the bitterness I'm worried about failing. 50ml of liquid using the powdered N would be so much more reliable for myself.
I feel the same way and also have health issues but the vet liquid is the best available option for now. I would seriously consider practicing with extra strong coffee to see if you can build up to 200ml, but make sure to use decaf!:heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, Dead Meat and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Thanks for the suggestion. I can't drink coffee unfortunately. Even decaf. I may attempt it again but my health issues cause real limitations on that front. Quantity is an issues as much as taste. Useful suggestion for others though.

There was/is a thread somewhere that has a few suggestions for different bitter things to practice with. Also some flavour masking things like miracle berries etc but I'm not sure how useful they actually are. Reports suggest not. Something not suggested in the thread is the numbing spray used in proceedure that involve putting cameras into the sigestinve tract via the mouth. The spray used contains lidocaine and numbs the throat and mouth. It doesn't taste very nice itself but I suspect its better than N and would be enough to lessen the taste significantly. It does make swallowing slightly unusual due to the numbness but as far as I have experienced it doesn't impair the function of swallowing although some may feel differently. Lidocaine spray isn't available to buy but lidocaine powder is sold on dark net markets so theoretically it would be possible to make your own by dissolving it in water. There's a similar product available to by legitimately which is benzocaine spray but it isn't as numbing. It does have flavours in it though so maybe it's worth considering as part of a cumulative regime. It's something I was considering if I go down the ventinary N route. I am crossing my fingers for some powdered stuff showing up but not holding my breath. Although maybe that would do me in and solve my problem, ha.

• Love
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, dyingalone123, Dead Meat and 1 other person
U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
I'm sorry to hear that. The bitterness of strong coffee is the only thing that even comes close and even then you would probably have to quadruple the amount of coffee to water to make it nearly bitter enough. It's really indescribable. I appreciate the suggestions. I saw some of them before, but the problem is that you are dealing with SI and you only have 2 minutes to drink it before you pass out. If you try to numb your mouth you may not be able to hold all the liquid inside or even have problems swallowing, like when your mouth is droopy from dental work. It just seems risky to try anything else except having another strong taste in your mouth before the N.

• Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, dyingalone123 and Dead Meat
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I know what you mean but it's a different sensation to numb lip from the dentist. More of a surface numbness. It may not suit everyone but worth considering trying beforehand. You don't have to use it for the main event if it doesn't suit.

When you say you wouls need 4 time coffe to liquid do you mean so much that it would create a paste? If so I guess you may as well just eat coffee grounds. Pretty sure I did that in my youth.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and UnEssential
U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
No, I mean you would need to use 4 times as much coffee to water ratio as you would normally use in your coffee maker, so what you end up drinking is extra strong = extra bitter.

My time has run out so I have to CTB this weekend and won't be able to try anything else. If you don't have a set date, you can experiment with different products, and maybe use a timer to test your drinking ability. Hopefully that will work for you.

• Love
Reactions: dyingalone123 and Dead Meat
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
I assume you opened the bottle to get a taste. So only 30 days before it goes bad… I'm curious, does it make you feel like you have to do it? I definitely won't open it until it's the day I'm for sure deciding to go

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
I assume you opened the bottle to get a taste. So only 30 days before it goes bad… I'm curious, does it make you feel like you have to do it? I definitely won't open it until it's the day I'm for sure deciding to go
No, I opened the bottle on Monday because that was when I was planning to do it. I didn't want to wait until the last minute, but that's where I am now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: PeacefulTonic and Dead Meat
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
No, I mean you would need to use 4 times as much coffee to water ratio as you would normally use in your coffee maker, so what you end up drinking is extra strong = extra bitter.

My time has run out so I have to CTB this weekend and won't be able to try anything else. If you don't have a set date, you can experiment with different products, and maybe use a timer to test your drinking ability. Hopefully that will work for you.
Ah ok. So 4x usual strength. I understand.

I'm sorry you're under pressure to ctb. I hope the best for you!

• Love
Reactions: dyingalone123, Dead Meat, UnEssential and 1 other person
B

boc

Experienced
May 19, 2021
There was a mega thread on this a while back. Take a search.

Honey, mouthwash could both help numb sensation before drinking.

Could also take it rectally if you really are worried about it. The absorption rate would be higher I think as well.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, PeacefulTonic and UnEssential
U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
There was a mega thread on this a while back. Take a search.

Honey, mouthwash could both help numb sensation before drinking.

Could also take it rectally if you really are worried about it. The absorption rate would be higher I think as well.
I really think taking a sip of alcohol before is the easiest solution, especially for those planning to drink it afterwards anyway.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: PeacefulTonic and Dead Meat
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
It's recommended not to drink alcohol first as it raises the chances of vomiting. It does potentiate the N but it adds volume to the liquid in your stomach and increases stomach acid. It's probably suitable for some. Not for others. Anti acids and anti emetics are recommended. Also the whole fasting period and small amount of food a little while before drinking in order to soak up acids and avoid too much of a shock to your stomach. They say tea and toast which makes sense I guess. It's hard to find a regime thats one size fits all though so I think it's probably important to use a bit of common sense based on individuals person circumstances and knowledge of their body and constitution.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and PeacefulTonic
U

UnEssential

Nov 9, 2021
It's recommended not to drink alcohol first as it raises the chances of vomiting. It does potentiate the N but it adds volume to the liquid in your stomach and increases stomach acid. It's probably suitable for some. Not for others. Anti acids and anti emetics are recommended. Also the whole fasting period and small amount of food a little while before drinking in order to soak up acids and avoid too much of a shock to your stomach. They say tea and toast which makes sense I guess. It's hard to find a regime thats one size fits all though so I think it's probably important to use a bit of common sense based on individuals person circumstances and knowledge of their body and constitution.
I'm not sure why you're speaking to me as if I don't know how it works. I've read the PPH so I know all of this and have both antiemetics. They recommend drinking some alcohol after to get rid of the taste. Taking a sip of alcohol before chugging down the N in less than 2 minutes and then drinking another sip afterwards is not the same as drinking beforehand. You could even spit the liquor out before drinking the N if you wanted to. I was making a suggestion based on tasting it and most people planning to drink liquor afterwards anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
I hope when the time comes, telling myself "fuck it and just drink it" will be enough for me

• Hugs
Reactions: END21_22, Dead Meat, eternalmelancholy and 1 other person
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021

I am pretty sure the N doesn't go bad in 30 days. Just the bacteriostatic preservatives that go off after the top is pierced. Not a dealbreaker since we are not injecting it or care about possible infections.

I say this because most multi-use medication vials say the same thing. Pharmaceutical manufacturers are required to put an expiration date even if the meds will last a decade. But you are right, best practice to keep it sealed until the moment of use.

I hope when the time comes, telling myself "fuck it and just drink it" will be enough for me

I hope so too. After botching a few partial hanging attempts I opted for N. I don't think I have the guts to do violent methods. Drinking 200ml of a bitter substance sounds like the best possible option.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost Magic, Smart No More, Dead Meat and 2 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I'm not sure why you're speaking to me as if I don't know how it works. I've read the PPH so I know all of this and have both antiemetics. They recommend drinking some alcohol after to get rid of the taste. Taking a sip of alcohol before chugging down the N in less than 2 minutes and then drinking another sip afterwards is not the same as drinking beforehand. You could even spit the liquor out before drinking the N if you wanted to. I was making a suggestion based on tasting it and most people planning to drink liquor afterwards anyway.
I was just offering advice in general. You may have read the PPH but others may not have. Somebody who has read the pph posted earlier that one bottle of N is enough for 2 people based on what they'd read in there so in the nature of forums I shared what I have on the matter we're speaking on. Nothing personal in it at all. I'm also painfully aware of the way peoples circumstances differ as I personally couldn't get away with a sip of alcohol beforehand so I addressed everyone, suggesting people use common sense based on their individual circumstances and adjust to suit their needs. I'm not sure why you would be bothered even if I was actually patronising you and for for what it's worth I didn't intend to. You clearly have more pressing matters ro worry about than some nobody on a forum telling you something you already know. However, I apologise if I came across that way. Innocent mistake/misunderstanding. Maybe it's a timing thing. Or maybe the way I word things.

• Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, tryingtoescape and Dead Meat
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
Thanks for this, this is really helpful.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic