• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Student
Jul 12, 2022
Does anyone have ckd or know how to speed up progression of kidney disease? I have lupus nephritis. My 2 preferable choices would b N or waiting for my kidneys to fail and refuse dialysis so I can achieve a natural exit. The problem here is that I dont know how fast its progressing or how I can speed up the process intentionally. Thoughts anyone? Just brainstorming!

• Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
@Sunny-Pia

You don't mention what stage your condition is in, but the kidneys are well known to tolerate abuse, even when their structure is impacted. While there are a variety of different OTC remedies you can take, combined with periods of dehydration, you probably want to keep in mind that you are at a heightened risk of kidney death (different than failure) where your kidney can rapidly undergo necrosis, which I've heard is incredibly painful.

If your determined to rapidly progress your condition, I suggest doing it through lifestyle changes such as an increase in salty and sugary foods, and reducing your water intake. This will hasten the progression of lupus nephritis, while hopefully not pushing them into necrosis.

Im sure your physician gave you a general outline of kidney health and care after you were diagnosed. If you choose to ignore his/her instructions, you should be in track to hasten the progression of your condition.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: katagiri83, NearlyIrrelevantCake, Sunny-Pia and 1 other person
S

Sun n showers

Student
Jul 4, 2022
Does anyone have ckd or know how to speed up progression of kidney disease? I have lupus nephritis. My 2 preferable choices would b N or waiting for my kidneys to fail and refuse dialysis so I can achieve a natural exit. The problem here is that I dont know how fast its progressing or how I can speed up the process intentionally. Thoughts anyone? Just brainstorming!
Have yoh got n? No idea I'd you can speed anything along ? If I had n I'd go I'd be ong gone ..... but that's me also suffering chronic pain

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Student
Jul 12, 2022
@Sunny-Pia

You don't mention what stage your condition is in, but the kidneys are well known to tolerate abuse, even when their structure is impacted. While there are a variety of different OTC remedies you can take, combined with periods of dehydration, you probably want to keep in mind that you are at a heightened risk of kidney death (different than failure) where your kidney can rapidly undergo necrosis, which I've heard is incredibly painful.

If your determined to rapidly progress your condition, I suggest doing it through lifestyle changes such as an increase in salty and sugary foods, and reducing your water intake. This will hasten the progression of lupus nephritis, while hopefully not pushing them into necrosis.

Im sure your physician gave you a general outline of kidney health and care after you were diagnosed. If you choose to ignore his/her instructions, you should be in track to hasten us the progression of your condition.
Oh hey sorry, to be more specific, I have class 4 lupus nephritis. I'm on cellcept, benlysta infusion, diuretics and BP medication.
Have yoh got n? No idea I'd you can speed anything along ? If I had n I'd go I'd be ong gone ..... but that's me also suffering chronic pain
I'm sorry, I didnt get what you are trying to say?

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
Oh hey sorry, to be more specific, I have class 4 lupus nephritis. I'm on cellcept, benlysta infusion, diuretics and BP medication.
Ok, that's further progressed than I have thought. Being on that strong of an immunosuppressive regime, future dialysis sounds like it will iminent. (My background is in radiology, I'm not the most proficient with nephrology.)

I dont feel comfortable with any ideas to hasten your condition, as once your on immunosuppressive medications, you run the risk of an increased chance of infection, and that is not as peaceful of a way out as renal failure.

If you don't mind me asking, has your nephrologist given you any sort of timeline before they think dialysis will be necessary? If that time period is not that long, maybe wait it out and refuse dialysis like you mentioned? Renal failure without dialysis will be a fairly quick and peaceful exit

• Love
Reactions: Null Hypothesis and Sunny-Pia
S

Sun n showers

Student
Jul 4, 2022
Im saying I'm in similar position with chronic pain , and if I had N I'd take it and be done rather than suffering , I've no idea how you would speed anything up with the condition, I don't know if you have it. Not easy to get it N?

Reactions: Sunny-Pia
Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Student
Jul 12, 2022
Ok, that's further progressed than I have thought. Being on that strong of an immunosuppressive regime, future dialysis sounds like it will iminent. (My background is in radiology, I'm not the most proficient with nephrology.)

I dont feel comfortable with any ideas to hasten your condition, as once your on immunosuppressive medications, you run the risk of an increased chance of infection, and that is not as peaceful of a way out as renal failure.

If you don't mind me asking, has your nephrologist given you any sort of timeline before they think dialysis will be necessary? If that time period is not that long, maybe wait it out and refuse dialysis like you mentioned? Renal failure without dialysis will be a fairly quick and peaceful exit
I wish my nephrologist would tell me. I think some doctors are trained that way or something where they avoid giving bad news since they probably dont wanna freak out the patient?? Well, he just wants me visit him every month or 2 months for bloodwork and last time I met him, he was trying to put me on rituxan or cyclophosphamide but I refused and asked him if he could try to up my dose on cellcept for another month or so, he agreed. I really wish he would give me a timeline like you mentioned so it would make things cleared for me. Last time I asked him if he thinks I need dialysis soon, he said well not right now but he also mentioned things can progress pretty quickly with LN. I try to keep my BP a little high and balance it when I go in the clinic so they dont come up with new tricks and ideas to make me live longer😁 I skip my meds sometimes. My gfr has been 65-70 on average past several months. Latest to oldest result were 82, 52, 74,82,48,55,78,50,60,70,77.
Im saying I'm in similar position with chronic pain , and if I had N I'd take it and be done rather than suffering , I've no idea how you would speed anything up with the condition, I don't know if you have it. Not easy to get it N?
Aah ok, gotcha! What kind of chronic pain are you dealing with if you don't mind me asking? I would prefer to have a natural exit, if possible, with kidney failure and that's holding me back a little because I need and want to know if I'm closer to needing dialysis, if so, I could simply refuse and exit peacefully within few days.

Last edited:
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
Rituxan isnt the worst, cyclophosphamide I hear is a beast of a medication. It is actually an encapsulated form of mustard gas..... but I don't reccomend burning it to CTB.... (I'm sure someone in here is going to ask that question now)...

Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Student
Jul 12, 2022
Rituxan isnt the worst, cyclophosphamide I hear is a beast of a medication. It is actually an encapsulated form of mustard gas..... but I don't reccomend burning it to CTB.... (I'm sure someone in here is going to ask that question now)...
What is mustard grass and why is it bad? Either way, I don't wish to be on any one of those two. The worst part about those infusions are the lengthy appointments. Each infusion in one sitting is more than 6 hours long😒😒can u imagine yourself sitting in one chair in a infusion clinic all day!

Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
What is mustard grass and why is it bad?
Mustard gas is a chemical warefare agent. When large quantities are burned is is a blistering agent. Hitler was nefarious for using it in WW2.
Either way, I don't wish to be on any one of those two. The worst part about those infusions are the lengthy appointments. Each infusion in one sitting is more than 6 hours long😒😒can u imagine yourself sitting in one chair in a infusion clinic all day!
I don't blame you one bit, I feel awful for those who have to go through that.

I'm also very sorry about your health conditions you have come down with, I couldn't imagine the stress it imposes on you.

• Wow
Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Student
Jul 12, 2022
Mustard gas is a chemical warefare agent. When large quantities are burned is is a blistering agent. Hitler was nefarious for using it in WW2.

I don't blame you one bit, I feel awful for those who have to go through that.

I'm also very sorry about your health conditions you have come down with, I couldn't imagine the stress it imposes on you.

Omg! I can't beleive that they used this chemical agent during war to attack people and I can't beleive this is what's in the cyclo medication that my doc wants to infuse into my body. Super toxic! Yikes!
As for my condition, I've been dealing with lupus since I was 18. I'm 35 now. I got hip replacements at age of 30 due to lupus flares which led to being on 6 months of steroids. Life has not given me a break one bit since my symptoms first started at a very young age. I've been on a rollercoaster all my life with my health and career due to that. Overall, the quality of my life has become very poor. I'm no longer the person I used to be, the real me! I hate being trapped in my own body due to the uncertainty of lupus. I've always been a very independent type of person. I love my freedom the most and having this illness rids me of that completely which is why I have no purpose or meaning to be here anymore, really!
Are you a radiologist or did u mean a rad tech? It seems like a wonderful and interesting career. I had considered it back in college but couldn't choose it because I would have to be in cold temps and with lupus, raynauds and and anemia, it was a no no!

• Hugs
Reactions: Null Hypothesis
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
I wouldn't wish for anyone to ever go through what you've endured. My condolences for the stresses and tears this must have put you through.

I actually work as a repair engineer for a manufacturer of PET/MRI machines. I have a background in basic pharmacology, but mainly in imaging technologies.... I might try and come across / sound like a doctor online, but in real life I'm just the guy fixing the machine.

Reactions: Null Hypothesis
Sunny-Pia

Sunny-Pia

Student
Jul 12, 2022
I wouldn't wish for anyone to ever go through what you've endured. My condolences for the stresses and tears this must have put you through.

I actually work as a repair engineer for a manufacturer of PET/MRI machines. I have a background in basic pharmacology, but mainly in imaging technologies.... I might try and come across / sound like a doctor online, but in real life I'm just the guy fixing the machine.
Oh that's nice, a repair engineer. Sounds fun! you do sound like part doctor since you have a lot of knowledge about medicine and illnesses. 😊

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Hi Sunny-Pia. I don't know if you are still alive. I also have chronic kidney disease and have considered this as one of my methods. From what I've read, that not always goes peaceful, at last without drugs. One can get itching, bone pain and leg weakness due to uremia, probably to the point that you will not be able to go out of the bed for some time before passing out.