LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
My worst fear is that there would be fire (or similar disaster) in the building that I live, which would result in instant homelessness because that's just it. I have two kinds of ropes in my wardrobe and few packages of SN (and some meto, tagamet and such). Just imagine this scenario... And it does happen every time here and there in the world.
To become instantly homeless with all the necessary CTB stuff destroyed... The last days I constantly think about such possible disaster, which makes me want to CTB as soon as possible, just to prevent this situation.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, NeverSatisfied, Weary Soul and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, the only thing you can do is RELAX.
Disasters are everywhere and sometimes, they happen during the worst times ever.

However, that seldom happens and generally nothing happens. You'll probably be able to carry out your plans with no problems.

Wish you the best and hope you can find peace.

Reactions: Wrennie, NeverSatisfied and signifying nothing
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
Have you lived through a disaster like that or experienced it close-up when someone else became instantly homeless? I can understand that you'd feel anxious about it if that's the case. Is your house built out of wood? I hope it's possible for you to put things in perspective. Unless this is a big threat in the place where you live. I have it easy in that respect, concrete building, no earthquakes where I live.

I have thought about what to do in case of a fire, what things I should grab. You could prepare a backpack with you're valuables and ctb-stuff. Maybe that would help?

Reactions: Wrennie, Barracuda91 and LenkaX
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Have you lived through a disaster like that or experienced it close-up when someone else became instantly homeless?
I experienced a bit different, but maybe even worse disaster, many years ago when I got psychosis and was thrown to a psych ward in a very brutal way by police. It wasn't my fault, it was simply a mental breakdown which can happen to anybody.

So I always think in the way that if so many bad things went wrong in my life, a fire disaster may quite easily happen too.

I live in a flat, likewise in a concrete building, with no earthquakes too, but still... it may happen. Unfortunately I live with my mother who refuses to buy any fire extinguisher and when I suggest that I myself buy it, she always says that there is no place for it in our flat... Yeah, quite a dumb reason, but what can I do...

Basically, if something has to go very wrong, you cannot prepare in any way. I wouldn't care if someone shot me on the street or in any similar case which would lead to instant death. I really wouldn't mind dying if it was unexpected and quick. But the thoughts that something will happen which would lead to not being even able to CTB, worries my mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: LONE WOLF., NeverSatisfied, Pizarnik and 2 others
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I experienced a bit different, but maybe even worse disaster, many years ago when I got psychosis and was thrown to a psych ward in a very brutal way by police. It wasn't my fault, it was simply a mental breakdown which can happen to anybody.

So I always think in the way that if so many bad things went wrong in my life, a fire disaster may quite easily happen too.

Basically, if something has to go very wrong, you cannot prepare in any way.
I'm sorry for what you had to go through. And I get the reasoning that something bad might easily happen again. These things do happen.

your mom's reaction to the fire extinguisher is baffling. Living in a flat especially. I live in a flat as well, and I think fire prevention is very important. I don't know how old you are but if you're able to hide SN and rope for ctb you could possibly also hide a fire extinguisher. (If you think this would help) If no-one is looking out for you, you kinda have to do it yourself as much as you're capable of. (that's what I always think) A small fire extinguisher is about 30 cms tall and weighs about 3kgs and costs about 20 euros. Ignore me please if this doesn't help. I feel like I'm rambling on about fire extinguishers. I hope you find some way of feeling a little bit safer. Even though, as you pointed out; some things you cannot prepare for.

Reactions: LenkaX
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
My worst fear is being trapped underground!

AtLeastThere'sSalad

AtLeastThere'sSalad

Dec 10, 2020

I live in a flat, likewise in a concrete building, with no earthquakes too, but still... it may happen. Unfortunately I live with my mother who refuses to buy any fire extinguisher and when I suggest that I myself buy it, she always says that there is no place for it in our flat... Yeah, quite a dumb reason, but what can I do...

Basically, if something has to go very wrong, you cannot prepare in any way. I wouldn't care if someone shot me on the street or in any similar case which would lead to instant death. I really wouldn't mind dying if it was unexpected and quick. But the thoughts that something will happen which would lead to not being even able to CTB, worries my mind.
even if you lose everything in a fire (which i also worry about like 24/7) there's always tall buildings to jump off of. I know some people get attached to one idea of how to end it, but if it matters so much to you to be able to do it, I don't think you'll ever be completely out of options

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
This is one of my fears too, also loosing all of my belongings. I always think about this when I'm supposed to leave the house and I'm anxious that something happens when I'm away. It's probably one of my worst fears