DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I hope I don't create conflict in making this post but, I feel inspired

I am a black woman, 22 years old, and I plan to vote tomorrow. I want my vote to influence the election and make a push to a better democracy

Sure politics is a flawed system and there is a lot of corruption and illegal activity. But, I want to make an influence

I will be voting for Biden tomorrow.

Some people will be voting, and some won't. Whether you choose to get involved or not, its ok

I just want to make a change and I am dedicated to it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mendex, StringPuppet, xLosthopex and 12 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's great that you feel empowered to vote but realistically, due to the electoral college system, your vote for president only matters if you are in a swing state. Last time, the main swing states were Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin so as long as you live in any of those states then yes, your vote does matter. Anywhere else and you might as well be voting for Kanye West.

Reactions: puppy9, Ghost2211, Fragile and 1 other person
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
It's great that you feel empowered to vote but realistically, due to the electoral college system, your vote for president only matters if you are in a swing state. Last time, the main swing states were Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin so as long as you live in any of those states then yes, your vote does matter. Anywhere else and you might as well be voting for Kanye West.

I was debating going with the people I live with to vote tomorrow. Being in Arizona, I guess it doesn't really matter lol. Then again, I never really believed 1 vote out of millions really mattered anyway. I'm tired of the whole entire "pick your poison" mentality. As I think all of our current options are garbage. Oh well.

Reactions: BooGirl, Good4Nothing, Broken Chimera and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I was debating going with the people I live with to vote tomorrow. Being in Arizona, I guess it doesn't really matter lol. Then again, I never really believed 1 vote out of millions really mattered anyway. I'm tired of the whole entire "pick your poison" mentality. As I think all of our current options are garbage. Oh well.
If you want to vote, it's still somewhat worth voting for local or state things since those things might actually affect your community way more than the president would anyway but I'm not gonna pretend like people don't try to mislead when drafting propositions for example. It makes total sense to also not want any part of it.

Reactions: puppy9, Fragile, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
If you want to vote, it's still somewhat worth voting for local or state things since those things might actually affect your community way more than the president would anyway but I'm not gonna pretend like people don't try to mislead when drafting propositions for example. It makes total sense to also not want any part of it.
That's what I mean. As far as the smaller side of politics, as you mentioned local/state, I don't know enough about all of that. With that being said, I think it's dangerous for the uneducated to be voting, as it could have reverse effects. In the end, I have taken up a go-with-the-flow stance, as I think whatever will happen, will piss off a lot of people either way. It's a scary time to be alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Dr Iron Arc
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
The state I live isn't a swing state. So while it might not have much of a game changer in comparison to the states you mentioned above, who knows what influence it could have. Even if its small, it's something.
That's what I mean. As far as the smaller side of politics, as you mentioned local/state, I don't know enough about all of that. With that being said, I think it's dangerous for the uneducated to be voting, as it could have reverse effects. In the end, I have taken up a go-with-the-flow stance, as I think whatever will happen, will piss off a lot of people either way. It's a scary time to be alive.
I feel scared too. My fears are riots, shootings, looting, etc.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Dr Iron Arc
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Good to hear your voting since you're in a swing state. I'm in a democrat state and would have also voted for Biden, but my vote would be pointless.

Reactions: puppy9
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I hope I don't create conflict in making this post but, I feel inspired

I am a black woman, 22 years old, and I plan to vote tomorrow. I want my vote to influence the election and make a push to a better democracy

Sure politics is a flawed system and there is a lot of corruption and illegal activity. But, I want to make an influence

I will be voting for Biden tomorrow.

Some people will be voting, and some won't. Whether you choose to get involved or not, its ok

I just want to make a change and I am dedicated to it.
I'm also a black woman, 22 and voted for Biden :) (he wasn't my first choice though)

Reactions: Weather, antigone_iris, puppy9 and 1 other person
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Good to hear your voting since you're in a swing state. I'm in a democrat state and would have also voted for Biden, but my vote would be pointless.
Im not in a swing state lol

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Meh, I'm from New York guys lol

Deleted member 23009

Deleted member 23009

a flame dancing in the rain
Oct 20, 2020
I won't be voting, probably because I'm not american.

Last edited:
Reactions: botanormal
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Your vote doesn't matter, but it matters that you think it does and it matters that you vote.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020

I don't know. I don't follow individual states too closely, but others are perceived in play this election including Texas, Arizona and Georgia.

I say get out and vote regardless of where you reside. I'm in California and I voted. There are down ticket matters on the ballot that matter tremendously including congressional seats.

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99 and Dr Iron Arc
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
Hold it, Arizona is literally on the tipping point! If Trump takes Arizona and Pennsylvania, he'll most likely win. If Biden takes either one of those two, then he'll probably win.

The rest of your post is a perfectly valid point, though.

Reactions: Weather
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't know. I don't follow individual states too closely, but others are perceived in play this election including Texas, Arizona and Georgia.

I say get out and vote regardless of where you reside. I'm in California and I voted. There are down ticket matters on the ballot that matter tremendously including congressional seats.
Yeah I hadn't seen the news that those states were actually in contention, though in Texas's case I bet all the red votes are coming in today no matter what.

But yeah, I'm in Cali too and I still voted at least.

Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020

Vote. Arizona is in fact as much of a swing state as many of those listed above. And your senate race is actually really important. No one needs more Marthy McSally, the never-elected senator that just doesn't go away!
Like, y'all know it's not just about the presidential election, right? Go vote. No one has more control over your day-to-day lives than those running in the state and local elections.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Again, I'm not educated enough on politics. In all honesty I don't care who wins as none of it does effect my daily life. I don't do anything xD. Besides, if my household doesn't go I cant go anyway, no form of transportation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯