WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I just need to vent for a second. I don't want to dox myself, but I live in a small mountain town in the western Carolinas. A lot of it is either underwater or completely gone. I'm one of the lucky ones, my house is on a hill and didn't flood. I saw a trailer home get completely washed down the river. People stuck up on roofs. No water, no power. Thankfully I have satellite internet. We have a generator running for electronics. I can't go anywhere because the roads are fucked. I've never seen anything like this. I was already struggling with chronic pain and illness and suicidal thoughts. I really want to just end it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: TenThousandTrees, CatLvr, -Link- and 11 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can't even imagine how overwhelming it must feel right now—seeing everything around you torn apart, already dealing with your own struggles, and now facing even more on top of that. I hope you can find some small moments of relief, even just for a little bit, whether it's through music, a book, or something that can distract you.

Reactions: CatLvr and WhiteRabbit
J

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
Yeah it's pretty bad. I probably won't get power till sometime next week.
I just need to vent for a second. I don't want to dox myself, but I live in a small mountain town in the western Carolinas. A lot of it is either underwater or completely gone. I'm one of the lucky ones, my house is on a hill and didn't flood. I saw a trailer home get completely washed down the river. People stuck up on roofs. No water, no power. Thankfully I have satellite internet. We have a generator running for electronics. I can't go anywhere because the roads are fucked. I've never seen anything like this. I was already struggling with chronic pain and illness and suicidal thoughts. I really want to just end it.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr and Darkover
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah it's pretty bad. I probably won't get power till sometime next week.
People are saying 3-4 weeks min for our area, but I hope that's not true.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr and Darkover
sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
my biggest fear: flood, water, etc. sorry you are going through this. sending love 🫂❤️ sounds very scary

Reactions: WhiteRabbit