Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Does anyone else want to keep their method on hand? Not so much in a "I'll do it this weekend" sort of way but just have it. Just to give you comfort in knowing that all this can end any second you please. I wish i had that comfort. I wonder if it could somehow help me.

• Love
Reactions: snuffcore and Theodora
ItsAllTooLate

ItsAllTooLate

Dancing on the razor's edge
Jul 1, 2020
Yes i've done this before. My friend compared it to how some former alcoholics will keep a bottle around even while they're sober as something for comfort, to have just in case things go awry. It's nice to have an escape plan in the event of a fire.

S

stillweary

May 15, 2020
I have a primary and a backup. If something happens to the primary, the backup is still a good way to go.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Now that I have it, I don't feel the pressure of trying to obtain it and plan it out. I've planned it, I have it, the hardest work is done, at least as far as preparation. It's there when and if I need or want it. I don't cuddle with it or anything, it's just accessible and therefore one less thing to stress about.

I've been reading Five Final Acts, written by the head or one of the heads of Exit out of Scotland (not Exit International, which publishes the PPH). The author describes how Exit does workshops for preparing for a self-determined death, attended mostly by older people who have or who (realistically) anticipate having health problems. They learn methods in the workshops and practice them so that they'll be prepared and relaxed when the time comes that they determine for themselves, and recommend periodically reviewing and practicing afterward.

I'd prefer another method, but I feel comfortable with the process of SN, as far as knowing the regimen, having all my supplies organized, having practiced with measurements, tested dissolving the SN and propanolol, etc. I don't anticipate a pleasant death if I go that route, but I won't be stressed by the preparation for it, so that's brought me a sense of having calm and control.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Yes. I felt that way when I had my SN bag. Then got found and now the only object I have is a belt to hang myself whenever I please. Wish I had a gun though. It would give me more comfort.