tiredcat

tiredcat

tired
Nov 6, 2023
looking through this forum my thoughts on it changed slightly.

i agree that suicide is not a disease. it is a choice by the indiviual. it is within their own free will to do such a thing. and if it was a disease people would not be second guessing themselves when the time comes. you cant control diseases but you can control whether you ctb.

that being said

i don't feel particularly happy when someone mentions they're going to to it. i would never encourage it, even if the other wanted me to. i cant due to my morals. but when people explain how their lives are and the things they feel that made them get to that decision, i can't tell them not to because even i cant see myself wanting to live after some of the things i've heard, and the most i can offer is letting them know i hope they find peace. people don't understand that there are some situations you cant get better from. and it's only fair that people who have been suffering for so long get to do it without being told ignorant shit like "it gets worse before it gets better" or "i would miss you, so many people care about you." like it's within their right to tell you to live in YOUR reality.

i only truly know the extent to which i feel, and you are the only one who knows how you feel. so yes, i do think assisted ctb should be accessible to those who just want peace.

but if a person is suicidal and wants actual help, i'll give it to them. because living is also a choice as well. i don't think all of the people who try to prevent it are inherently "bad." everyone has different belief systems. a lot of people view life as something precious and have pure intentions in a sense that everyone deserves to be happy (which is ignorant at times) but in the end the world is cruel. people's brains are cruel. and some people will never be able to actually experience life in a way in which they want to cherish it. it's not their fault. it's none of our faults. whether that be because some of us were born in dysfunctional families or your life was just sabotaged from the start (genetic mental and other illnesses for example)

the system continues to fail over and over again for so many people. therapy not being accessible, meds, cps not doing what their name says, sa cases being dismissed, the cost of living only continuing to go up, all of the things in which could be fixed are only giving everyone more of a reason to actually go through with it. and it pains me to hear stories of how our society has failed for people that just wanted a fighting chance at life.

all of that being said, the main point is i believe those who want the help and maybe even see themselves getting better should be able to access the things they need while also allowing those who have been suffering to end it on their own terms. i would ask someone if they tried everything else but suicide is decision that comes when they are no other options.

thank you for reading. (:

Reactions: godsseepiestsoldier, Immensevoid, アホペンギン and 4 others
mertvets

mertvets

if only
Nov 6, 2023
very well said. it's just sad how there will never be a perfect system, there will always be people that choose to ctb over therapy, medication, etc. and that's valid! albeit tragic...

it's brutal how forced life is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, achb and tiredcat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The lack of legalised assisted suicide options in this existence truly is so incredibly cruel. It's horrible how there is no limit as to how much people can suffer here with no guaranteed way to just die in peace. But the reality is that many people prefer death over any other option, I will always prefer the sound of eternally not existing to pointlessly suffering in this existence that was just unnecessary in the first place.

Reactions: Heading to Darkness and Immensevoid