BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
They don't understand why I won't look into further treatment, like inpatient care/TMS/ECT. I've tried to explain my reasons for refusing, and they asked me what I plan to accomplish in therapy.

I already told them that what pushes me to do anything in life is a horrible sense of obligation and fear. I'm not going to therapy for treatment, I'm going because I have to. I told them that weeks ago. I would only ever go inpatient or get ECT/TMS because I was forced to. And I'm careful to not share my "deep dark" thoughts and feelings because I'm not going to be forced into that shit.

They probably think I'm just another dumbass. We had a bit of a fight today about ADHD and I really don't want to go back. It really upset me, and it was just like talking to my parents. They also asked me if I'm always this down or if it's something I "only do here". And that really upset me too.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RedRed, Gnip, disabledandhopeless and 13 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
That last line was fucked up of them to say that to you. Your therapists are tired of you deflecting them. Do you have to go to therapy by court-order? Or you could just not go anymore?

Reactions: Gnip, puppy9, Disappointered and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
That last line was fucked up of them to say that to you. Your therapists are tired of you deflecting them. Do you have to go to therapy by court-order? Or you could just not go anymore?
I don't blame them for being upset, I'm acting like a little shit. I've been told I shoot things down too quickly and I only ever see the negative. But at the same time I'm "very intelligent" and could "easily outsmart" a therapist? What the fuck?

I have to go to therapy. My parents expect me to work on my shit, and if my boss or doctor ask about therapy I can say I'm in it. I don't like lying to people. But even this shit makes no sense because my parents are pushing me to get help, but I'm labelling myself and "calling normal issues anxiety and depression"? Yet they want me to be on meds, be in therapy, and they've also asked me about going inpatient since the professionals recommend it.
By the way, if anyone has any opinion or whatever, please share it. I'm just bitching as usual

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Gnip, Deleted member 17331, Symbiote and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
We had a bit of a fight today about ADHD and I really don't want to go back. It really upset me, and it was just like talking to my parents. They also asked me if I'm always this down or if it's something I "only do here". And that really upset me too.

By the way, if anyone has any opinion or whatever, please share it.

My opinion: listen to the giant red flags and find another therapist. Your crazy-making relationship with your parents is being repeated in your therapy relationship.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, puppy9, Skathon and 2 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I'm just going to echo what has already been said. Big red flags. This person is not good at their job. You need a new therapist.

• Love
Reactions: Gnip, Skathon and deadgirlahsatan
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
@GoodPersonEffed @MichaelNomad123

Are you guys sure I'm not just "giving up too quickly" again? I've already shot down 8 other therapists this year. I struggle to take them seriously because they either don't care, or they mistreat me (one yelled at me and I dissociated lmao, another blamed me for my issues like the rapes and...yeah). Or they tell me things that I already know, or things that I've already told myself over and over and over, or things that I've already put a hell of a lot of thought into - that's why we bickered about ADHD, that's a huge reason why I refuse to waste time and money going to a hospital. It's why therapies like CBT just don't work. I'm not trying to say I'm superior or that I know everything, because those things are definitely not true. Yet I'm talked down to and treated like a child for refusing things that haven't worked before despite my best efforts.

If I'm going to have to go to therapy, I want someone who will listen, be blunt but not abrasive, and give insight. Not just tell me I'm a piece of garbage and not trying hard enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: quakociaptockh2, Green Destiny, kovkay and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
If I'm going to have to go to therapy, I want someone who will listen, be blunt but not abrasive, and give insight. Not just tell me I'm a piece of garbage and not trying hard enough.

This is your goal. It hasn't been met. Yet. Recognizing someone isn't meeting the goal isn't giving up, or if it is, hell yeah to that. Like, what if you'd dated eight guys and they right off the bat yelled at you, hit you, told you you're a life of garbage and you're not trying hard enough? I'd say give up on them immediately, they've already proven how they are; doesn't mean you're giving up on the possibility of a good relationship.

• Love
Reactions: Gnip and kovkay
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
So, forgive me if this is triggering. I truly mean no maliciousness.

I'm not going to therapy for treatment, I'm going because I have to.

I suppose I don't really understand the situation here. You are being forced to go to therapy, yes? You have made it clear to everyone involved that you don't want therapy and you're only doing it because you are being forced to, yes? If this is so, then why do you even need a new therapist? Why is it that you have been through so many? Therapy isn't like medicine. It requires you to be willing. If you are simply going through the motions to appease your parents or otherwise, then what's the point in all the drama? If the answer is that you DO feel you need therapy, as you have also indicated above, then you need to sit down with your thoughts and try to figure out what it is what you want to take away from the experience. Therapy is mostly a productive exercise with guidance. It isn't a solution. It's just a way for someone to help you figure out some coping mechanisms for your issues.

Like I said, I'm confused as to why you're actually in therapy. I can tell you that therapy is a waste of time though, if you're not interested in it. You could have the best therapist in the world, drowning in recommendations, but if you don't want to help yourself then no one can save you.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
This is your goal. It hasn't been met. Yet. Recognizing someone isn't meeting the goal isn't giving up, or if it is, hell yeah to that. Like, what if you'd dated eight guys and they right off the bat yelled at you, hit you, told you you're a life of garbage and you're not trying hard enough? I'd say give up on them immediately, they've already proven how they are; doesn't mean you're giving up on the possibility of a good relationship.
My parents have gotten angry with me switching therapists so often and tell me I can't just drop someone because they won't tell me what I want to hear. I dunno.

I also just remembered that I was upset and trying to be vulnerable, told the therapist that I felt like I was making excuses (for anxiety/depression). They took it to mean that I think I'm making excuses for refusing further treatment and said "I think you are, too." :meh::notsure::nomouth:

I told myself that if this therapist didn't work out, I was just gonna be done. I don't have the energy or money to keep doing this. I'm exhausted and fed up.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Sounds to me like everyone keeps getting angry because they can't control you and make you do what they want. Their anger is their responsibility. Another person could just shrug and say okay. You don't cause either response.

Reactions: quakociaptockh2, disabledandhopeless, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
So, forgive me if this is triggering. I truly mean no maliciousness.

I suppose I don't really understand the situation here. You are being forced to go to therapy, yes? You have made it clear to everyone involved that you don't want therapy and you're only doing it because you are being forced to, yes? If this is so, then why do you even need a new therapist? Why is it that you have been through so many? Therapy isn't like medicine. It requires you to be willing. If you are simply going through the motions to appease your parents or otherwise, then what's the point in all the drama? If the answer is that you DO feel you need therapy, as you have also indicated above, then you need to sit down with your thoughts and try to figure out what it is what you want to take away from the experience. Therapy is mostly a productive exercise with guidance. It isn't a solution. It's just a way for someone to help you figure out some coping mechanisms for your issues.

Like I said, I'm confused as to why you're actually in therapy. I can tell you that therapy is a waste of time though, if you're not interested in it. You could have the best therapist in the world, drowning in recommendations, but if you don't want to help yourself then no one can save you.
Right, I've taken classes and done my own research, been through enough therapy to know what you said. I'm not upset at you for asking, because it's a valid question and I've also asked myself the same thing....over and over.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I wish i had an actual answer for you but I haven't been able to figure it out for myself. Doesn't matter how I try to look at it.
Sounds to me like everyone keeps getting angry because they can't control you and make you do what they want. Their anger is their responsibility. Another person could just shrug and say okay. You don't cause either response.
I hate their anger and I feel even worse because this is just another thing that I fuck up. But I can't blame them for it. I talk about being open minded and shit, but when it comes to this I'm so rigid and stubborn. They're not wrong to be frustrated with me. But fuck, the hopelessness is overwhelming and unbearable.

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Right, I've taken classes and done my own research, been through enough therapy to know what you said. I'm not upset at you for asking, because it's a valid question and I've also asked myself the same thing....over and over.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I wish i had an actual answer for you but I haven't been able to figure it out for myself. Doesn't matter how I try to look at it.
I'll just add the disclaimer again that I mean no offense in the following:

It seems to me that you seem lost, like you thought therapy was a solution and realized that it wasn't and now you don't know what to do. If this is true then I can relate. I'm 32 now and I'm still pretty lost. The best advice I can give you is that maybe therapy isn't the solution for you. Maybe you just need to pick something and walk that path. I'm talking like a career or whatever. I'm not certain as to your life circumstances but from my own experience, having something that you're good at is a HUGE source of strength and self-esteem. Ultimately, only you know yourself. If you feel like your therapy is not doing anything for you, then that's what I would do. The only thing you must avoid is stagnating. Do something, but not nothing. Similarly, I don't know the extent of your mental health issues. Some issues absolutely require medication such as BPD. If that is true, then maybe leaving therapy is a very bad idea. Only you know. This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time. You are your own god and this is your world. Master yourself.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I'll just add the disclaimer again that I mean no offense in the following:

It seems to me that you seem lost, like you thought therapy was a solution and realized that it wasn't and now you don't know what to do. If this is true then I can relate. I'm 32 now and I'm still pretty lost. The best advice I can give you is that maybe therapy isn't the solution for you. Maybe you just need to pick something and walk that path. I'm talking like a career or whatever. I'm not certain as to your life circumstances but from my own experience, having something that you're good at is a HUGE source of strength and self-esteem. Ultimately, only you know yourself. If you feel like your therapy is not doing anything for you, then that's what I would do. The only thing you must avoid is stagnating. Do something, but not nothing. Similarly, I don't know the extent of your mental health issues. Some issues absolutely require medication such as BPD. If that is true, then maybe leaving therapy is a very bad idea. Only you know. This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time. You are your own god and this is your world. Master yourself.
I've been lost my whole life. Even as a kid I felt alienated, ostracized, etc. I would worry incessantly about everything, especially my future. There's some things I'm really good at and I really worked with my strengths in college. But it doesn't matter. I keep having breakdowns, I can't cope with life. My relationships suck. My performance at work sucks, and I don't understand why people say I'm tenacious, level headed, a good employee. I feel fucking crazy and unstable all the time. But nothing has ever helped, and I've really tried my best to help myself. Not just meds and therapy, but a lot of other things. Nothing makes a difference. But I already ranted about that shit in a thread yesterday or the day before so

Reactions: nohopeforethefuture, Disappointered and Lupgevif
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Maybe you could ask them for examples?
I guess I mean I don't know why anyone sees any value in me or why they would want to tell me any of those things. I know my "good traits" and all that jazz but it doesn't make a difference. I guess that's why therapists get so fed up, especially those that have tried cbt

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I've been lost my whole life. Even as a kid I felt alienated, ostracized, etc. I would worry incessantly about everything, especially my future. There's some things I'm really good at and I really worked with my strengths in college. But it doesn't matter. I keep having breakdowns, I can't cope with life. My relationships suck. My performance at work sucks, and I don't understand why people say I'm tenacious, level headed, a good employee. I feel fucking crazy and unstable all the time. But nothing has ever helped, and I've really tried my best to help myself. Not just meds and therapy, but a lot of other things. Nothing makes a difference. But I already ranted about that shit in a thread yesterday or the day before so
I feel you. I've lived a life but ultimately I'm back where I started. I guess it is what it is, right?

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I guess I mean I don't know why anyone sees any value in me or why they would want to tell me any of those things. I know my "good traits" and all that jazz but it doesn't make a difference. I guess that's why therapists get so fed up, especially those that have tried cbt

Well, I tell you honest things about you that I like because I like those things and I like you. I enjoy our interactions, I enjoy that things feel reciprocal and not one-way.

Here's an unsolicited opinion to do with as you choose: CBT has some good things about it and also a lot of bullshit. Trauma and its effects are not rational, so CBT can only do so much as it works on the upper part of the brain, not the lower areas where the trauma is. I know you go to therapy out of fear and obligation, but from personal experience, I would say that EMDR might actually help, depressed or not. However if you're having dissociation issues, then it would have to be with a therapist that knows how to help you ground and recognize when it's bordering on retraumatizing rather than helping. I found TAT and EFT to be very helpful tools as well, especially EFT because of how it's worded, and I highly recommend.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I feel you. I've lived a life but ultimately I'm back where I started. I guess it is what it is, right?
Yeah. I'm just so tired and want it all to be over, I want to be out of people's hair.
Well, I tell you honest things about you that I like because I like those things and I like you. I enjoy our interactions, I enjoy that things feel reciprocal and not one-way.

Here's an unsolicited opinion to do with as you choose: CBT has some good things about it and also a lot of bullshit. Trauma and its effects are not rational, so CBT can only do so much as it works on the upper part of the brain, not the lower areas where the trauma is. I know you go to therapy out of fear and obligation, but from personal experience, I would say that EMDR might actually help, depressed or not. However if you're having dissociation issues, then it would have to be with a therapist that knows how to help you ground and recognize when it's bordering on retraumatizing rather than helping. I found TAT and EFT to be very helpful tools as well, especially EFT because of how it's worded, and I highly recommend.
Right, right. You've seen enough of my good and bad sides... And so have a lot of other users on here. I know you guys aren't bullshitting me.

I just feel so...fucked up. I have severe depression and debilitating anxiety, but do I really? I've been seen by so many professionals who all seem to want me to go to a hospital, but am I just exaggerating my issues and labeling myself? Am I making excuses to be a lazy piece of shit? Do I really have trauma? I'm terrified to be in a relationship, I'm afraid of being raped again - but surely I made that up, I wasn't really raped and I'm just a horrible person who made it up for sympathy. I can't remember most of my life, I feel detached from everyone and don't even feel like I know my family or friends, I feel disconnected from my memories, pictures of myself, my reflection in the mirror. Everything feels fake, dreamlike, surreal, I feel empty and numb and floaty - until I don't, because anxiety overwhelms me, or depression and guilt and shame flood me. I self harm because I hate myself and deserve it, and half the time I don't even feel it, it makes me feel more foggy and spaced out, but am I just doing it for attention?

Just ranting at this point. Aside from what I shared in the post yesterday, this is basically my brain in regards to what the hell is going on in my mind.

I'll have to look into TAT and EFT. I don't think I've read much about either, but doesn't EFT involve tapping? Also i just remembered that today I shared my thought process with the therapist and they pointed out how it was all over, so that must be more proof that I have ADHD. And me blanking out when they ask me a question is apparently ADHD. They went thru the DSM with me and asked me questions, then twisted what I said to fit the ADHD mold. Wouldn't listen to me when I said I've already considered ADHD but it didn't seem to fit. Ugh

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
doesn't EFT involve tapping?

Yes, tapping on acupressure points, talking out loud and following a script.

TAT is a step-by-step protocol that also uses acupressure points.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Someone as in the therapist tapping me or whatever lmao. It still...freaks me out.

I knew what you meant! The therapist doesn't touch you. Just, ew at the thought of a mental health practitioner tapping on a client. I had a couple who did muscle testing, pushing my arm down like a lever, but that was the extent of touch, and even then, if a client doesn't want to be touched, they can be taught how to muscle test themselves if that's part of a protocol. Energy psychology techniques, including EFT and TAT, are self-administered.

EMDR is also no-touch, but I did have a friend whose therapist didn't have any of the tools like a light strip or head phones, and her arm got tired doing the manual version for visual tracking, so she did a bilateral tap on the client's knees. My friend was really uncomfortable with that, and never tried EMDR with another therapist.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I knew what you meant! The therapist doesn't touch you. Just, ew at the thought of a mental health practitioner tapping on a client. I had a couple who did muscle testing, pushing my arm down like a lever, but that was the extent of touch, and even then, if a client doesn't want to be touched, they can be taught how to muscle test themselves if that's part of a protocol. Energy psychology techniques, including EFT and TAT, are self-administered.

EMDR is also no-touch, but I did have a friend whose therapist didn't have any of the tools like a light strip or head phones, and her arm got tired doing the manual version for visual tracking, so she did a bilateral tap on the client's knees. My friend was really uncomfortable with that, and never tried EMDR with another therapist.
That sounds better, I guess. I don't blame your friend for being so uncomfortable, but it's a shame your friend never tried EMDR again.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The questions you ask of yourself: Are you really depressed? Are you suffering from trauma? etc... it sounds like these are really things a good therapist would help you to figure out yourself. If that's not happening, then I echo what others have said: sounds like a shit therapist. I've heard people say it can take quite a while to find one that actually listens and is helpful. I'd guess that it's as much about their personality as their professional ability. And many professionals are trained at their job but are completely unsuited to it.
I tried therapy from various sources over the years but it was wrong for me. It always felt like I was being pigeon-holed into a tick-box diagnosis as fast as possible. I felt they were condescending and talked down to me. But then I can be a smart arse and think I know better sometimes, so I didn't envy them their jobs.
Ironically, one of the few people to help me see things more positively wasn't a therapist, she was just a friend with the very rare skill of actually being able to listen.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
The questions you ask of yourself: Are you really depressed? Are you suffering from trauma? etc... it sounds like these are really things a good therapist would help you to figure out yourself. If that's not happening, then I echo what others have said: sounds like a shit therapist. I've heard people say it can take quite a while to find one that actually listens and is helpful. I'd guess that it's as much about their personality as their professional ability. And many professionals are trained at their job but are completely unsuited to it.
I tried therapy from various sources over the years but it was wrong for me. It always felt like I was being pigeon-holed into a tick-box diagnosis as fast as possible. I felt they were condescending and talked down to me. But then I can be a smart arse and think I know better sometimes, so I didn't envy them their jobs.
Ironically, one of the few people to help me see things more positively wasn't a therapist, she was just a friend with the very rare skill of actually being able to listen.
See, I know I have depression, GAD, and cPTSD. But I doubt it so often because...well, I'm 23 years old and I'm too old to be acting like this. I should have learned to deal with my issues years ago. But my parents always laughed off my fears and called me a worrywart or got pissy because I can't stop. I wrote off my depression for years, telling myself I was just a bitch, a brat, and I was making excuses - that my self harm and desire for suicide was just because I'm weak and childish. And I felt like shit because despite my research and trying to do what I should be saying and doing, I still can't help myself.

I don't know where I'm going with this. Honestly, this is all my fault. And I can't manage it, nothing helps, people are tired of my shit and...fuck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I should have learned to deal with my issues years ago.
I would humbly suggest to you, that I don't think it works like that.
You sound like you are really flailing about trying to understand what the problem actually is. It must be horrendous to deal with anything when you don't know what you are actually fighting. A good counsellor should be able to help you find the truth of your situation. And as you have seen, finding a good one is the key and may not be easy. Is it possible to get recommendations from anyone you know, to find a counsellor you have a greater chance of being comfortable with?

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I would humbly suggest to you, that I don't think it works like that.
You sound like you are really flailing about trying to understand what the problem actually is. It must be horrendous to deal with anything when you don't know what you are actually fighting. A good counsellor should be able to help you find the truth of your situation. And as you have seen, finding a good one is the key and may not be easy. Is it possible to get recommendations from anyone you know, to find a counsellor you have a greater chance of being comfortable with?
There's too many conflicting ideas in my head and nothing makes sense. Like, I know what the problems are, but I'm also so used to being laughed at, dismissed, invalidated, etc that I just feel like I'm lying or faking, even though I know I'm not. I liked this therapist enough before this week, so I'll address my concerns with them. Thanks by the way. I read your reply soon after you posted it but had a very busy day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, your safe place for REAL therapy in total anonymity, including venting and ranting about complete idiots who are getting paid to be complete idiots in pretending to treat you.

I'm a cynic about tapping therapies, as well as cognitive behavioral therapies. However, with proper tapping therapy (which I have personally experienced to be nothing more than distraction), the therapist guides you on how to administer tapping methods to yourself. A good one will not touch you unless you ask or invite them to for assistance in gaining greater effect or understanding of the technique.

"Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" by David D. Burns in 1980 is easily the bestselling book and probably the finest manual ever written on CBT, but Dave Burns is also a tremendously talented individual with an ideal temperament for treating patients, and he has trouble replicating what he does with his students. Academic achievement, experience and other "credentials" and reputation are not a substitute for innate talent. CBT authors like founding developer Tim Beck, former Beck collaborator Gary Emery and Burns himself are extremely gifted therapists. Most CBT practitioners are not, and even at its best, CBT and all other talk therapies have severe limitations. Sometimes, you're better off confiding to a priest in confession for free and unfettered confidentiality. Sometimes, a skilled fortune teller with the talented power of suggestion is vastly superior to any degreed clinician.

Psychiatrist Ned Hallowell is easily the most prominent author on the subject of AD/HD who as a psychiatrist has AD/HD himself. (Overall, no author on AD/HD can challenge Thom Hartmann, including Hallowell and Ratey.) But after publishing multiple bestselling books on AD/HD, Hallowell simply went gluten free with his diet, and he reports that did more to improve the quality of his mental functioning than anything else he's ever tried in his life.

At Johns Hopkins Medical School, the Atkins Diet Induction Phase has been successfully used to treat pediatric epilepsy. The late Harvard researcher George F. Cahill, Jr. (who I knew) proved that the human brain prefers ketones as its fuel source over glucose, and many with AD/HD swear by ketosis as the ideal physiological state for optimal mental functioning. (Those who report going "foggy" or "bonking" in ketosis simply haven't done their homework. The way to counteract that loss of energy is usually to increase sodium intake. Oprah Winfrey was among the high profile celebrities who did not know to do that, thus failing on Atkins.)

Now if changing nutritional habits is the answer to AD/HD, depression and other issues which are classified as psychiatric or psychological in origin, then obviously talk therapy is going to be completely worthless.

My own situation also entails a case of severe obstructive sleep apnea, for which some retarded neurologist referred me for cognitive behavioral therapy! I had some other sleep medicine specialists assert that the best way to reduce the severity of sleep apnea was to lose weight. Really? Weight loss is supposed to magically straighten out what eventually proved to be a deviated septum? (Among other physical causes a diagnostic evaluation by an otolaryngologist ultimately revealed.) CBT is supposed to correct a deviated septum?

Get an accurate diagnosis. You may be dealing with profiteering morons who are uselessly treating behavioral symptoms instead of medical causes. Maybe your problems are in your mind, maybe the problems in your mind are caused by something happening elsewhere inside your body.

Sometimes, the most irresponsible thing you can do is accept blame and claim it's all your fault. Sometimes, the most responsible and mature thing you can do is REJECT
blame in favor of taking responsibility and charge of your life. Try taking the attitude that you're right and the rest of the world is wrong about you. That may just turn out to be the truth.

I wasn't lazy, they were boring. And I wasn't yawning because I was bored, but because I was born with severe congenital obstructive sleep apnea. That was NOT my fault, but since I am the one with that condition, it's MY responsibility to try getting it treated effectively. Accepting any blame for my sleepiness would have been lazy and irresponsible. I rejected bullshit claims from quack sleep physicians that being overweight had something to do with my sleep apnea, and a competent Ear, Nose and Throat specialist proved me completely right with an endoscopic examination.

Just how stupid, lazy, incompetent and ignorant are ALL your "therapists?" You are now older than the fuckhead school psychologist who had me reclassified with Down's Syndrome students when I was 18 years old and he was a 22 year old pothead.

Don't put up with shit, and don't accept any shit. Take command and insist on answers which nobody you are dealing with may be even remotely close to identifying.

A competent therapist can take advantage of your resistance and use your resistance to produce better results. The more resistant you are to therapy, the more effective a competent therapist is. If your resistance is a problem for them, then they are not competent therapists.

The legendary psychiatrist Milton Erickson put on a clinical demonstration when he was an elderly man. He invited a big strong anti establishment construction worker type to the auditorium stage before an audience of students. When they shook hands, the subject tried to assert his dominance by virtually crushing Erickson's hand. Erickson then asked him, "Would you be willing to not see your left foot?" To the thug's amazement, his own foot was suddenly invisible to him!

Erickson was a born psychiatrist. At age seven on his family farm, he was watching a bunch of big strong farmhands trying to drag a livestock animal into a barn before rain came. The more these men tugged and pulled on the beast, the more the creature resisted, pulling back. Without saying a word, the young boy simply walked up behind the animal, took hold of the tail, gave it a sharp tug, and the animal charged forward into the barn.

Find a Milton Erickson caliber therapist. Do not be surprised if you discover none exist anymore. It's entirely possible that there is not one single therapist in the entire world who is remotely qualified to treat you.

That's why I'm here at Sanctioned Suicide. I have given the so called mental health profession a fair chance to fail DECISIVELY. In my painfully extensive first hand experience, they ALL suck completely.

You are seen as a guaranteed source of income for these parasitical assholes. Don't let that happen. Force them to take up taxi driving, dishwashing or hamburger flipping, because that is their true value to society.

My biggest regret in life is that I didn't end that life at age 15. Order your therapists to put up or shut up! Either deliver on helping you quickly get better by way of a CURE for whatever ails you, or maybe you can take advantage of this anonymous internet to ruin their reputations. (Never threaten to do this to them. Just do it in a way that they have no idea who is shredding their bogus livelihoods.) You're the boss. They work for YOU. In an internet day and age, the customer is ALWAYS right, today more than ever. (The 1920's author and wit Dorothy Parker quipped "Revenge is a dish best served cold." Sometimes, if you decide to live long enough, you can wait until they've completely forgotten your name and are giving you no thought at all before you destroy their reputations, careers and/or put them out of business, a revenge tactic I've enjoyed carrying out immensely with my guiding library of savage classic vengeance manuals by the legendary pseudonymous "Meanest Man Alive" George Hayduke. Incidentally, I am NOT a violent person, as violence simply is not destructive enough for my purposes. In the 1980's, Synchronal was the largest telemarketing company in the world. Then, they tried ripping me off, so I put them out of business. Why fight city hall when you can turn it into rubble by "pressing the dynamite plunger?" Fans of Hayduke's volumes understand, and my current health care providers do not fuck with me. If they ultimately cannot help me, that's fine, as long as they're making an honest effort to try, so be it.)

"Do your job!" If your therapists can't, Fire Them! If you can't fire them now, try to get away from them, and if you're then willing to wait long enough for them to forget you before you CTB, make sure to ruin their lives without them having any idea it was you before you make your exit from this life. (I didn't even have to CTB to end my former psychiatrists medical career a year after she abruptly closed her private practice on her clientele. Six years later, she still has no clue I'm the one who ended her career in a way which was headline news where I live.)

Finally, if you care about yourself or anybody else in your life, treat EVERYBODY you meet, not as you would like to be treated, but as if your future or the future of those you care about depends on the future good will of whoever your meet. If I saw the school psychologist who ruined my teenage years trapped with his bitch wife and bastard kids in a burning car on an isolated road, I'd laugh and drive right on by while flipping them the bird, leaving them to die. Sanctioned Suicide is a kind loving place, but there is virtually no kindness or love extant or experienced in my personal life, and very, VERY I've few known would pass the "Would I rescue this person from a burning car?" test.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Like, I know what the problems are, but I'm also so used to being laughed at, dismissed, invalidated, etc that I just feel like I'm lying or faking, even though I know I'm not.
I too am in that club. I've been better off on my own this past year. However, I now need medical input only I don't trust the doctors after incorrect diagnoses, gas-lighting and the harm I've previously been done. I believe the key must be finding a person you can trust, which is not easy to do.

• Hugs