ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
Due to this, he has had to cancel the last 2 weeks and I believe next week is canceled as well. I didn't take him for granted or anything but I realize that being able to talk to someone about my darker feelings (just not mentioning I have a current plan in action) really helps me. I don't want to cause unnecessary worry to him with his new born but it would be nice to just vent to him.

I believe I've lost more will to live particles... I didn't have much to start with but.. my apt is a neglected mess, I shower like once or twice a week if that.. I have no energy to eat.. I'm just feeling like a huge failure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Joey, Luchs, lobster salad and 4 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Due to this, he has had to cancel the last 2 weeks and I believe next week is canceled as well. I didn't take him for granted or anything but I realize that being able to talk to someone about my darker feelings (just not mentioning I have a current plan in action) really helps me. I don't want to cause unnecessary worry to him with his new born but it would be nice to just vent to him.

I believe I've lost more will to live particles... I didn't have much to start with but.. my apt is a neglected mess, I shower like once or twice a week if that.. I have no energy to eat.. I'm just feeling like a huge failure.
There lies the problem with therapy. It can work but it takes a long time and you become reliant on it and the therapist. (you have to pretty much) But when it stops you're left to fend for yourself, which doesn't work. It has to be long term or not at all.

Reactions: ixkitty
ixkitty

ixkitty

Aug 15, 2020
There lies the problem with therapy. It can work but it takes a long time and you become reliant on it and the therapist. (you have to pretty much) But when it stops you're left to fend for yourself, which doesn't work. It has to be long term or not at all.
Basically. And I don't wanna be like .... you just got new life and I'm forfeiting mine

Reactions: Mentalmick
calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I understand you because in the last year my therapist took 4 weeks on vacation and it was terrific for me...anyway, it seems to me that you can ask an emergency session with him even at this situation....when it comes to mental health, we are talking about dangerous situations,,,,so he should take care of you I think

ixkitty

ixkitty

Aug 15, 2020
I understand you because in the last year my therapist took 4 weeks on vacation and it was terrific for me...anyway, it seems to me that you can ask an emergency session with him even at this situation....when it comes to mental health, we are talking about dangerous situations,,,,so he should take care of you I think
Probably! But why would I want to ruin his newborn coming home mood ? You know?

calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Probably! But why would I want to ruin his newborn coming home mood ? You know?
a mental disorder, it is something like a disease...so, if you ask him for help, it is not your fault...the same way, it would not ruin his mood when you ask for help, because he's supposed to be prepared for this situation...in other words, this is part of his job

ixkitty

ixkitty

Aug 15, 2020
a mental disorder, it is something like a disease...so, if you ask him for help, it is not your fault...the same way, it would not ruin his mood when you ask for help, because he's supposed to be prepared for this situation...in other words, this is part of his job
I've havent considered it that way .. honestly... I think i might message him and see about it :)

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019

When I had a therapist she was pregnant, when she was gone I was honestly happier, thinking about how happy she must be with her child and her husband.

ixkitty

ixkitty

Aug 15, 2020
When I had a therapist she was pregnant, when she was gone I was honestly happier, thinking about how happy she must be with her child and her husband.
Right.. I know that feeling. Happy because of someone else's happiness..