J

justlookinforanswers

Dec 11, 2020
I was with her for 2 years and it went really well and this just came out of the blue. It's just reminding me that everything ends and all support I could or will ever have is unstable and will leave one day. there's no one there for me, no one is listening to me. I'll probably never talk to her again, we can't be friends after practice, people say you can "check in" infrequently but I'll never have any legitimate reason to contact her again. I don't want to talk to someone new who doesn't know me at all, I don't want to go through this whole process again and have the same thing happen. I hate this fleeting uncertain terribly painful life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, NumbItAll and waitingforrest
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
There are many different approaches to therapy. One approach is to be supportive and accepting, however, this can lead to dependency and sometimes even regression.

If you find yourself considering therapy again, you might consider something a little less pleasant, but one that results in your acquiring skills that will help you be more independent.

Reactions: hiddenbpd
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Are video sessions possible? I made the switch out of necessity when the pandemic started and it actually turned out to be fine. I guess it depends whether she would do that though.

gomenasai

gomenasai

Student
Sep 30, 2022
I hope you can find some other way of receiving support. Video sessions sound like a great idea. šŸ¤—

chaosandquiet

chaosandquiet

Sep 27, 2022
I was with her for 2 years and it went really well and this just came out of the blue. It's just reminding me that everything ends and all support I could or will ever have is unstable and will leave one day. there's no one there for me, no one is listening to me. I'll probably never talk to her again, we can't be friends after practice, people say you can "check in" infrequently but I'll never have any legitimate reason to contact her again. I don't want to talk to someone new who doesn't know me at all, I don't want to go through this whole process again and have the same thing happen. I hate this fleeting uncertain terribly painful life
I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating it is when someone you trust and who knows all the details of your story has to leave. Starting over with someone new is exhausting. Can your therapist recommend someone? Often, they will know another provider who will be a good "fit" for you. Good luck! xx

J

justlookinforanswers

Dec 11, 2020
Are video sessions possible? I made the switch out of necessity when the pandemic started and it actually turned out to be fine. I guess it depends whether she would do that though.
she said it wouldn't be possible, I didn't ask why but I don't think she'll go back on that

• Aww..
Reactions: NumbItAll
T

TheManIllNeverBe

Aug 3, 2022
she said it wouldn't be possible, I didn't ask why but I don't think she'll go back on that
It might have to do with her license to practice. I know when I moved across the country I looked into if I could continue to see my old therapist via telehealth, but because she wasn't licensed in the state I had moved to, it wasn't legal/ethical for her to see me. I feel for you. It really sucks losing a therapist. I'm still in the process of "breaking in" a new one, and I don't think I'll ever be able to trust her like the one that I had to leave when I moved. I could truly tell her anything without fear of judgement. I wish you luck!

brdhndz

brdhndz

Oct 18, 2022
Oof I feel this- I moved from the states to Canada not too long ago and my therapist was so chill- she actually saw me for a little while after I moved via video sessions (she basically told me to just not update my address otherwise she would get in trouble lol) but video sessions just aren't the same. I haven't gotten a new therapist since moving here so I've just been winging it without one which is not great, but yeah I get it. Finding a new therapist is so rough and those first few sessions are always the worst -_-. Wishing you the best of luck with this