O

overthehill

Jul 11, 2024
First time poster.

Long story short, I'm suicidal because I've been socially isolated for over a decade and my therapist just told me he can't help me. For the past 10 years I've been looking for help and finding none. The only thing I have left to live for is my mother and I wish I didn't have her. I love her, don't get me wrong, but her existence is what anchors me to this mortal coil. If I didn't have her I could just die, just rest and escape the pain. It's only going to get worse, I'm already too old for things to get better. I'm at that age where "people" judge you for being lonely, leading to a vicious cycle that only ends in death.

I wish I had a way out, even if that way out is death. I welcome it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Ash, Praestat_Mori, GuessWhosBack and 6 others
Escape Artist

Escape Artist

Jun 3, 2019
That's got to be incredibly painful to hear from a therapist. I'm sorry to hear about that happening.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kunikuzushi, etherealspring and 2 others
O

overthehill

Jul 11, 2024
That's got to be incredibly painful to hear from a therapist. I'm sorry to hear about that happening.

Welcome to the forum.
It's incredibly painful. It feels like the final nail in the coffin, objective confirmation that at this point suicide is the rational choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, GuessWhosBack and UnrulyNightmare
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
The most iconic recognised form of help in this world giving up on people is like the ultimate insult to injury, I'm so sorry...

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, overthehill, GuessWhosBack and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Staying alive for parents is good bc often it's not their fault and they would be the ones suffering the most if it comes to CTB of one of their children. Now, about your therapist - what can he actually do if you're socially isolated? I doubt, he can generate friends, a partner and so on. Why are you socially isolated? Is there an answer to the problem that causes you MH issues? We humans r social creatures by nature and loneliness can kill us. Ik this won't solve your issues, I wish I could help you. 🫂

nattanatta

nattanatta

Aug 13, 2024
I'm so so sorry that you had to hear something so painful and are suffering.