moths

moths

Mar 7, 2021
i know its not that big of a deal but man i am insecure about my teeth. i was never taught how to properly take care of myself as a kid and a combination of that and depression and adhd led to me never brushing my teeth for years. ive finally started taking care of them but i cant help but feel like its too late. i have so many cavities, one that probably needs a root canal, three that are chipped/broken including one that keeps cutting my tongue, even the ones without cavities have basically no enamel left and are literally rotting, theyre yellow and way too short and tiny and look disgusting and the fact that i live off of energy drinks and diet soda doesnt help. i want to get them fixed but im poor and terrified of dentists due to a bad childhood experience (had 8 cavities filled without anesthesia) and im afraid theres nothing they can do anyway. ugh i know it seems like such a small thing and its not even the worst of my problems right now but sometimes it really bothers me because even on days that i feel good about my appearance, im reminded of my teeth and i feel ugly again.. convinced no one will ever love me because who wants to kiss someone with gross rotten teeth

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: a beautiful mess, Élégie, lex and 10 others
inhabitinglots

inhabitinglots

Bad Habit
Oct 28, 2020
I get how you feel. Mine are the same but even the basics of taking care of them are a start

• Aww..
Reactions: moths and mediocre
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Man, I really feel you. I've always had lots of trouble with my teeth.
They're a mess now and I don't want to go to the dentist's. I really hate that place even though I know it's for the best.

I just dunno what I'll do.

Anyway, best of luck and I hope our teeth get better somehow!

• Hugs
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I feel you. But trust me, you don't have to have a Hollywood smile to be attractive and lovable and kissable, unless whoever you're intending to kiss is a freakish perfectionist in which case just make sure they're drunk when you kiss for the first time.
But I do understand your pain and I'm sorry. I am taking okay care of my teeth, I brush them twice a day most of the time, but I guess I've been "blessed" with some bad genes or something. I am already missing two of my teeth - I had all 4 wisdom teeth plus other 2 extracted and I'm not even 30 yet. I know I need implants and I know I need to fix the rest of my teeth before it's too late (and that it's probably already too late for at least one other tooth), but I haven't been to a dentist in several years because fixing my teeth costs a fortune. I'm afraid to even imagine the price, I'm never going to have that much money. Good thing at least getting them pulled when they're "done" is relatively cheap...

• Hugs
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
you don't have to have a Hollywood smile to be attractive and lovable and kissable
No, you just have to not be a suicidal NEET mega-failure.
naruto shippuden GIF

Reactions: moths
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
  • Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: moths, mediocre, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It sounds like you are past the point of severe periodontitis? I understand being afraid of the dentist I always have to make myself go every time I am called for a checkup. The ones I see are complete and utter cunts. I occasionally go to the dental hygienist and they spend about 30 seconds on a teeth clean they costs 30 pounds each time! My teeth are also bad and it really is a big deal because your oral health can really affect your whole body. I have severe gingivitis/gum disease I have swollen bleeding gums and I probably have about 6 fillings. I don't mind how they look it's the fact that I can feel the metal in my teeth. Then the blood leaks down into my throat and gives me a soar throat. I also fill like my teeth have shifted forward and this could be a sign of long term decay :( so I really regret not taking care of my teeth over the years because they can cause so many other problems.